Car dealer not returning my car

wprime

Ok so it turns out the prefuse is damaged too. They quoted me 35,000 baht + labour to replace both that and the battery.

It seems highly unlikely that two systems would fail within 1 hour of my car being returned.

They suggest that the police, who attempted to jump start the car may have put the jumper leads the wrong way around which damaged the prefuse.

4 minutes ago, wprime said:

Ok so it turns out the prefuse is damaged too. They quoted me 35,000 baht + labour to replace both that and the battery.

It seems highly unlikely that two systems would fail within 1 hour of my car being returned.

They suggest that the police, who attempted to jump start the car may have put the jumper leads the wrong way around which damaged the prefuse.

Would have thought a Merc would have "cheaper" protection against that...????

Do some research on the part actual cost..

i hope you have cash.  

I have owned about 4 audis, a few bmw's and some other stuff

i was "middle-class" before i bought those cars.

now i'm under a bridge wondering why people told me i was smart as a kid.  

omg, cars are expensive.  oh, timing belt and....  100,000 baht.  oh, ok!! thanks.  now i'm happy with a Toyota that works. 

but, whatever, i was young.  wasn't too bad back then.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Would have thought a Merc would have "cheaper" protection against that...????

Do some research on the part actual cost..

The fuse links are cheap but the complete module that contains several links can cost $500 +
Its a big win in the spare parts dept when a dealer says they cant service the module.

$3 Pre fuse link

101509_large.jpg.63fc3082985618f3d6000d909ae0a4c3.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 12:52 PM, Ventenio said:

now i'm under a bridge wondering why people told me i was smart as a kid.  

I think you misunderstood, they didn't tell you you were smart AS a kid, the told you you were a smart a** kid

On 11/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, scoupeo said:

Can I know how this story ended please ?

Basically we towed the car back to Star Flag, they fixed it. I paid the bill, then told my contact there of the costs I incurred to deal with this and that I expect to be reimbursed. They said it was a mistake and didn't reimburse me for my costs. It's not worth chasing beyond that.

I didn't really care about the money but out of principle if they didn't compensate me I wouldn't do business with them again. I was in the process of buying a new S class at the time (which my contact there knew about) so the way they handled this lost them a sale.

Shortly after, the 2nd battery failed as well. We brought the car to Benz Taling Chan instead. Sorted it out very quickly and haven't had any issues since. It was my first time there but I was really impressed with the service. They were ready on time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wprime said:

Basically we towed the car back to Star Flag, they fixed it. I paid the bill, then told my contact there of the costs I incurred to deal with this and that I expect to be reimbursed. They said it was a mistake and didn't reimburse me for my costs. It's not worth chasing beyond that.

I didn't really care about the money but out of principle if they didn't compensate me I wouldn't do business with them again. I was in the process of buying a new S class at the time (which my contact there knew about) so the way they handled this lost them a sale.

Shortly after, the 2nd battery failed as well. We brought the car to Benz Taling Chan instead. Sorted it out very quickly and haven't had any issues since. It was my first time there but I was really impressed with the service. They were ready on time.

This is why I do not do business with any of them in BKK. They are just dixx.

I now only use Pattaya dealer and will buy my next car there.

In BKK when car goes to service, it is never ready the same day, at Pattaya they ask me if I want to wait and then they work on my car first. If I am still there for lunch, they also offer free lunch. This is what I call service.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, wprime said:

Star Flag is known to be one of the worse dealers and service centers for Mercedes.  Just about everyone I know have had a bad experience dealing with them.  I was in the market for one of the AMG models and contacted them for information and they never got back to me, so went to the showroom and they couldn't be less interested in selling me a car. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, samtab said:

This is why I do not do business with any of them in BKK. They are just dixx.

I now only use Pattaya dealer and will buy my next car there.

In BKK when car goes to service, it is never ready the same day, at Pattaya they ask me if I want to wait and then they work on my car first. If I am still there for lunch, they also offer free lunch. This is what I call service.

Is that Mercedes Benz Pattaya or a third party?

Just took 3 days for an oil change at another BKK dealership despite having a 2nd booking (first booking they told me they couldn't do it quickly).

I don't understand why this is so difficult for them. Allocate a time for the customer, do the job within the time, then return the car. Instead they just take whatever bookings they can, then queue the cars processing them in the order they receive them. This means they hold the cars longer costing them storage space. They could probably halve their costs with a good operations manager, plus make their customers happier not having the wait so long.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:27 PM, wprime said:

Is that Mercedes Benz Pattaya or a third party?

Just took 3 days for an oil change at another BKK dealership despite having a 2nd booking (first booking they told me they couldn't do it quickly).

I don't understand why this is so difficult for them. Allocate a time for the customer, do the job within the time, then return the car. Instead they just take whatever bookings they can, then queue the cars processing them in the order they receive them. This means they hold the cars longer costing them storage space. They could probably halve their costs with a good operations manager, plus make their customers happier not having the wait so long.

Benz Thonglor always need 2 days at least because they do not change oil at Thonglor anymore and have to drive your car somewhere else. What a team of $#%#%$%$%

Also, it seems that other independent garages can do it for 3000 thb instead of 8000 thb at Benz, just wondering if anyone has an experience servicing his car outside benz dealers ?

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, canthai55 said:

On this planet, the ONLY way I would ever buy a MB, BMW, Audi and many other makes ...

Buy new, keep until almost off warranty, sell it.

Even then - easy to get WAY more car for WAY less money.

Over priced, under performing masquerading as "Quality"

Back in the day - 30 to 40 years ago - different story. Now ...

Caveat Emptor

I have a 2020 AMG C43 - 385hp, 9 speed automatic, V6, twin turbo. Cost was 4.2 million, reduced to 3.9.

Pray tell - which car is "way more car for way less money" here?

• Haha 1