MOPH CORONA Reporting System For Travelers

HerbyJFlash

Hi All,

I’ve  just read that travellers from “high risk” countries have to report whether they have covid symptoms daily using a “reporting system” and face a fine /jail if they fail to do.

This link states there is a code to access the system ???? Does anyone know where this code is ? Is it an app

https://www.tatnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thailand-Department-of-Disease-Control-Q_A_measures-for-travelers_11March2020.pdf

Getting scared can anyone help?

3 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

This link states there is a code to access the system ???? Does anyone know where this code is ? Is it an app

The "code" will be a QR code you scan on your smart phone (how this will work for those that don't have one is a mystery). This will, I assume, install the app on your phone, Given it's not been implemented yet it could well be vapour ware.

A QR code:

qr-code.thumb.png.55ec8a029c58c98ad7d154f369bca4dd.png

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I would assume you will be given any and all info when intercepted and checked at point of entry. 

You can prepare in advance and take a screenshot to show the Immigration Officer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It is an app from the AOT website.

Does that app actually contain the reporting system? I didn't look too deeply when I installed it (just to have a look) but as far as I'm aware it only had an electronic copy of the T8 baked into the old app.

Edited by Salerno

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Does the app actually contain the reporting system? I didn't look too deeply when I installed it (just to have a look) but as far as I'm aware it only had an electronic copy of the T8 baked into the old app.

yes. There was a link that took you to the TM8 form. Took about 2 minutes....if you have your passport details to hand.

The successful submission is acknowledged and it is recommended that a screenshot of that is taken and shown to the IO.

Edited by Jip99

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

yes. There was a link that took you to the TM8 form. Took about 2 minutes....if you have your passport details to hand.

Yes, but what about the reporting system? The T8 is not what we're talking about.

Just done the tm8 online thing and it asks about corona symptoms . I believe this is the app / reporting system referred to in my original post . But not 100%

I  also read I need permission to return home and this is done through the app but can’t find this . 

Do you think I can Go home ?

22 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It is an app from the AOT website.

Doesn’t take long to complete.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1152983-info-via-aot-app-required-from-inbound-passengers-at-airports/page/2/

I'm not sure that the AOT reporting system for incoming international travelers at large is the same reporting system as the MoPH is planning to use for daily symptom reporting by those in 14-day self monitoring.

There are two different classes of folks once arriving here...

Those arriving from what the Thais call Disease Impact Zones, such as China, Iran and a few others. Those folks, if free of symptoms, have 14 day actual quarantine requirements, meaning they're not supposed to go outside.

Then there are those arriving from countries where the Thais say there is local transmission occurring. Folks from those areas, if free of symptoms, are free to go where they will in Thailand after arriving, but are supposed to do a daily report to MoPH on whether they have any symptoms, etc.

2081292041_2020-03-1622_15_38.jpg.0b41be6d8e0370393982b7d4e5a4758a.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Crossed wires then......

Not necessarily though, could well be baked into the AOT app but haven't found anyone that can confirm so far (I'm not due back for a month or so so didn't want to fill the T8 in with dummy data just to find out 555).

Ever since they released the requirements it's been a bit of a mystery how they expect it to work (the daily reporting, asking permission to leave hotel etc.).

MoPH has just today posted a new Q&A document about all these kinds of issues, including one that specifically addresses the question of how people who only TRANSIT thru Disease Impact Zone airports are going to be treated here....  But even the latest Q&A update seems to be lacking in any specifics on just exactly how the self-monitoring reporting will be done.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/Q&A_Measures_Travelers_160320.pdf

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I  also read I need permission to return home and this is done through the app but can’t find this . 

Do you think I can Go home ?

You do not need "permission" to leave Thailand to return to your home country, but you need a boarding pass to get on the plane and this boarding pass may be denied to you by the airline if you are positive for SARS-CoV-2 or suspected to be ill with Covid-19

6 minutes ago, Maestro said:

You do not need "permission" to leave Thailand to return to your home country,

That depends on what group you fall into and if they implement the "rules" they have published:

Do they need permission to go to the airport? Will they be punished if they decide to go to the airport without contacting an officer?

The traveler should be requested to show the permission form which states that they have received approval from the communicable disease control officer/Thai health authorities and show it to the authorities at the airport before leaving Thailand or return to their home. The traveler must pass exit screening procedures. Those who want to leave Thailand or return to their home but did not ask for permission from the disease control officer, shall be punished according to Communicable Diseases Act, B.E. 2558 (2015) if they attempt to depart.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Salerno said:

That depends on what group you fall into and if they implement the "rules" they have published:

Correct, and the full part of the info you quoted above explains it applies to people from Disease Infected Zone Countries (China, South Korean, Iran, etc) who want to leave Thailand before their formal quarantine period has been completed:

Q: Can travelers from Disease Infected Zones under mandatory self-quarantine leave Thailand or return to their homes in Disease Infected Zones before the 14-day duration is complete?
A:
Yes, but those who would like to leave Thailand or return to their homes, must receive permission from the communicable disease control officer, and must not have suspected symptoms while passing the exit screening.

Q: Do they need permission to go to the airport? Will they be punished if they decide to go to the airport without contacting an officer?
A:
The traveler should be requested to show the permission form which states that they have received approval from the communicable disease control officer/Thai health authorities and show it to the authorities at the airport before leaving Thailand or return to their home. The traveler must pass exit screening procedures. Those who want to leave Thailand or return to their home but did not ask for permission from the disease control officer, shall be punished according to Communicable Diseases Act, B.E. 2558 (2015) if they attempt to depart.

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MoPH has just today posted a new Q&A document about all these kinds of issues, including one that specifically addresses the question of how people who only TRANSIT thru Disease Impact Zone airports are going to be treated here....  But even the latest Q&A update seems to be lacking in any specifics on just exactly how the self-monitoring reporting will be done.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/Q&A_Measures_Travelers_160320.pdf

When I arrived a few days ago at suvarnabhumi from the UK, was expecting to be thermal scanned, but no, they were only interested in Disease Infected Zones. Went past the T8 area and stopped there, but they had no interest, only yellow fever. So, continued onto immigration expecting to have to register/fill in an app, show my medical insurance and anything else, but nothing. Just stamped my passport as usual and waved me on.

So as noted on https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/Q&A_Measures_Travelers_160320.pdf, I'm just planning on calling the disease control if I exhibit any symptoms. I believe the # is 1422

Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong?

@w94005m This is exactly them same as me. When I flew On the 13th UK wasn’t an high risk zone as far as I could tell and the checks weren’t in place at Suvarnabhumi. 

I believe by not doing the app thing we can face a fine / jail. I’m not sure how they would put us all in jail though. 

Someone told me sydekick is the app . My gf downloaded it on her thai android and it didn’t seem to have anything about reporting. I also tried but it sent a confirmation text which didn’t seem to work with a UK sim.

Does this mean I have to buy a thai sim and phone as mine is locked.

My girlfriend watched a live press conference today and it mentioned foreigners need to use the app . She said there was again, zero mention of the name , where to find app etc

Has there been any changes about this  app/ QR code that would let us self-report besides jus the AOT app? So far I flew into Bangkok today from Helsinki, Finland. And there was some chaos around the health check which everyone was downloading the AOT app to fill out the T8 form. Its also considering I spent the past few weeks in Hungary and Spain (which is a local transmission zone as they categorized it). Also I did not have a thai number which the staff number helping us out was kind enough to give me a number to use. Even though I wonder if that would be a problem? Is there a way to update my phone number with them since I got a new thai sim card after passing through immigration. 

Also, the person at the health check just glanced at my screen, tickets and stamped my ticket from Helsinki to Bangkok. Same story with the immigration, just stamped my passport at the end. Either way, based on this thread, I am inclined to agree that the MOPH app for self-reporting requirement doesn't seem to be functional nor implemented yet. Otherwise, until this gets fully implemented where we self report, would this mean that I am free to move around Bangkok and Thailand in meantime? 

Edited by PeterHs

15 minutes ago, PeterHs said:

It could be just for shopping as needed. Otherwise I've been spending most time here in self-isolation. 

OK, I'm sure if it's just shopping then that would entail moving around Thailand and there would be no chance of any virus being spread. ????