Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

Yes I am one of those who does not have a smart phone or any sort of portable phone. Does that mean I can't enter Thailand. Just another obstacle to make entering Thailand more difficult. Well as I've said before Vietnam and Cambodia are better value and more welcoming.

• Like 2

My sense is that any app could be used as an alternative to the current analog (T.8) option.

Using the app is NOT REQUIRED.

Providing the information IS REQUIRED, or may be (know someone who arrived early AM today, via DOH, no health screening, no forms as DOH is not on one of the two lists of (Danger Zones").

It's a bit like the TM.6. You can use the blue written form, or (try to) use the app.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

The Thai authorities want to track you.

The voices inside my head say the same thing, espescially when I have to replace my headwear.

They may "want" to track you, but in reality? Maybe they want to be able to "find" you? Tracking someone, via their phone, in real-time is probably impossible here.

They're more interested in tracking their own pesky citizens who may be up to no good.

ISOC and RTP do use Stingrays, but even those are limited.

57 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

Get the popcorn & wait for heads to start rolling. 

What is it about Thai thinking that drives them to complicate the mundane?

Thai Baroque. Haven't you noticed the architecture?

Definition of 'decadence": Complexity without cause.

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Starting from tomorrow (March 12 ), all foreign tourists arriving at all international airports in Thailand will be required to download an AOT Airports application onto their mobile phones as a measure to contain the spread Covid-19 in the country.

Another reason not to come to the land of smile.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

Also know there's still a few people that actually don't own a smartphone.

I for one neither have a "smartphone", nor will I buy one.  There are enough idiots who just play on them everywhere they go and many cause problems, and even accidents/collisions while driving or walking across streets, usually not even being on a crosswalk, because they do not pay attention to their surrounding environment.  In Canada I use an electric tricycle due to being handicapped and sometimes I must use the sidewalk.  My progress is invariably delayed due to people having an ear stuck to the phone or they are perusing something that could be left until later.  Also, while riding on the street many a time people just step out without paying attention then get upset when they nearly get hit.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Schmuddel said:

Well, it´s March 12th in Thailand already. So if you have to present that App after landing, it should be available already, but I haven´t found any other App. Did you?

There is one, but I doubt I'm gonna use it.....1641388021_E9b35vw8(1).thumb.jpeg.61b1dde65c55ee91b61919f6717c23aa.jpeg

6 hours ago, Schmuddel said:
This app has access to:
l2htRLV5Mt-RZ6nroJCXy3OF_CqdntOsEetnLEjH1wC-WJWV00R5orcBWj0NMFKJVEQU6JhPYRBCKnj3_Q=s20Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20Location
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20Camera
  • take pictures and videos
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20Storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20Phone
  • read phone status and identity
  • directly call phone numbers
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • full network access

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOT&hl=en_US

Smartphones will be provided by Immigration    ????

Much the same as most apps then

6 hours ago, timendres said:

Agreed. Or they should provide cheap, pre-installed phones that you return on exit from the country. This way you cover those with no mobiles, and those who are not going to install an app that has total access to their private information.

Thinking people don't keep sensitive information on a phone.