Borderrun by land without many problems today??

2 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks, im aware of all that. My current NON O ME expires on 1st May, my current permission to stay ends on April 25th, so if i cant leave to a border before then, then i have no choice but to extend by 60 days, and obviously at the end of that 60 days, my visa will have expired. I understand that if i still had several entries available, i clould then make another run to gain 90 days. So in effect, i could 'lose' 3 months if i am extending by 60 days in those circumstances

Yes in your specific case being at the end of your Visa validity expiry date, you would indeed lose the 3 months an additional border-run would provide you.

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes in your specific case being at the end of your Visa validity expiry date, you would indeed lose the 3 months an additional border-run would provide you.

All a bit of a nightmare. I plan on waiting till 30th of March, then waiting to see if Malaysia opens its borders, then hopefully do a border run there albeit a month or so early. At least that way id get the 3 months (+2 more) if needed. My real fear is not being able to leave in June if after i did extend, but was unable to leave, what would happen then?. The options to extend for a year are becoming more tempting.

Edited by PST

22 minutes ago, PST said:

All a bit of a nightmare. I plan on waiting till 30th of March, then waiting to see if Malaysia opens its borders, then hopefully do a border run there albeit a month or so early. At least that way id get the 3 months (+2 more) if needed. My real fear is not being able to leave in June if after i did extend, but was unable to leave, what would happen then?. The options to extend for a year are becoming more tempting.

FYI > When applying for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet, there is no need for your present Visa to be on the brink of expiry, if you have an explanation for doing so that makes some sense.  A TVF member just posted a message containing screenshots for his old 1-year Visa and his new one that was issued while the old one was still valid for a whopping 9 months.

And doing border-runs to the Savannakhet consulate is at this moment still possible.

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

FYI > When applying for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet, there is no need for your present Visa to be on the brink of expiry, if you have an explanation for doing so that makes some sense.  A TVF member just posted a message containing screenshots for his old 1-year Visa and his new one that was issued while the old one was still valid for a whopping 9 months.

And doing border-runs to the Savannakhet consulate is at this moment still possible.

Thanks, that's much appreciated. I know in HCMC they won't give you another one until your recent one has almost expired ( a week max) i think?, so Savvanakhet is an option. The issue is i'm in Southern Thailand, so would need 2 flights to get there. Also, if a border run is still available, why did this person apply for a brand new visa??

Edited by PST

1 hour ago, PST said:

Thanks, that's much appreciated. I know in HCMC they won't give you another one until your recent one has almost expired ( a week max) i think?, so Savvanakhet is an option. The issue is i'm in Southern Thailand, so would need 2 flights to get there. Also, if a border run is still available, why did this person apply for a brand new visa??

Hi, see link to thread from post #4 onwards.

Actually, I got it wrong he did not have 9 months left on his permission to stay but 'only' 3 months.  But conclusion stands that you can apply at the Savannakhet consulate even if your permission to stay only expires a couple of months later.

Edited by Peter Denis