Thai "tomboy" takes advantage of virus situation - steals German tourist's bag at Bangkok airport

webfact

Thai "tomboy" takes advantage of virus situation - steals German tourist's bag at Bangkok airport

7pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Tourist police and Suvarnabhumi airport authorities announced the arrest of a 27 year old Thai woman who the media said took advantage of problems associated with the coronavirus situation to steal a German lady tourist's bag. 

Phiromya, 27, who 77kaoded called a tomboy, has admitted everything. Doing the pointing was airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikhajorn and a smiling Pol Col Surachat Suwannasri of the Region 3 tourist police. 

On Saturday, Sarah A., 28, from Germany had reported the theft of her bag that contained her passport, credit card, 250 Euros, driving licence, phone and notebook. 

She said that due to coronavirus screening she had arrived at the airport four hours early only to find out that her flight to Germany was also delayed.

7pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

She decided to have a sleep on the second floor near gate 4. When she awoke with a start her bag was gone. 

Police soon had a suspect who they recognised as a former airport employee. She had gone to the ground floor bus terminal to change her shirt in an effort to give the authorities the slip. 

However, next morning she was caught on the first floor near gate 8 with the tourist's possessions. She said that she knew she would be viewed on CCTV so she had gone to change her shirt. But it didn't work out. 

She was charged with theft at an airport at night. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-17
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

However, next morning she was caught on the first floor near gate 8 with the tourist's possessions. She said that she knew she would be viewed on CCTV so she had gone to change her shirt. But it didn't work out. 

Perhaps if she'd been bright enough to leave the airport it might have worked out. Doh.

• Like 1

If "theft at an airport at night" is the same category and punishment as "theft at an airport at day", I would advise the Thai authorities to combine the crime into a single  crime: "theft at an airport". They can make the form shorter and ease their paperwork.

Where is my consulting fee?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

If "theft at an airport at night" is the same category and punishment as "theft at an airport at day", I would advise the Thai authorities to combine the crime into a single  crime: "theft at an airport". They can make the form shorter and ease their paperwork.

I would bet that day theft is punished less than night theft......thats the way it usually works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ketyo said:

white paper   report for day  darker  paper  report for  night....u  know it  makes  sense