LAOS visa run and coronavirus

Just seen news Laos is closing checkpoints. Doing a  Non o marriage visa run next week at Savannakhet. My visa runs out on the 20th march but my stamp is ok until the 14 th April. If necessary can I extend this stamp for a further 30 days at my local immigration. Might do a border run at Mae sot to get an extra three months if not possible. Cheers.

Laos only closed a few small crossings. Savannakhet and Vientiane are still open.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at you local immigration office.

Best to do a border hop for a new 90 day entry before your visa expires on the 20th.. That will give you almost 5 months of total stay by getting the 60 day extension before you need to worry about getting a new visa.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ubon????. If I were to go for a 60 day extension on the 14th April. What will I need to bring.

I need to get back to the UK within the next month so extending for a further 5 months is out of the question for me. Cheers.

•  

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. Marriage certificate and copy of it, copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card. A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. The fee is 1900 baht.

If you did the border hop for 90 days you could get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 days valid when you use it to enter the country after your trip,

So after the border hop, straight to imigration for a re-entry permit at Mae sot or have to do at bkk airport. Any special documents needed? It's a multiple entry non o marriage visa not an extension of marriage if that makes a difference. Thanks Ubon.

My visa will be finished on this re-entry so unable to do another border run. Ubon Joe says I can get a re-entry permit allowing me to return to Thailand to finish the final 90 days granted to me. That's how I understand it anyway.

9 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

So after the border hop, straight to imigration for a re-entry permit at Mae sot or have to do at bkk airport. Any special documents needed? It's a multiple entry non o marriage visa not an extension of marriage if that makes a difference. Thanks Ubon.

You can get the re-entry permit at your local immigration or either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country 24 hours a day.

Thanks ubon. So if Mae sot closes, I could go to Tak immigration with the wife, do 60 day extension on my stamp ( visa would have expired) and a re-entry permit (in the same day), go to the UK for 1 month and be allowed back in to finish the remaining 30 days. Sorry for so many questions but you are the visa guru.

11 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Thanks ubon. So if Mae sot closes, I could go to Tak immigration with the wife, do 60 day extension on my stamp ( visa would have expired) and a re-entry permit (in the same day), go to the UK for 1 month and be allowed back in to finish the remaining 30 days. Sorry for so many questions but you are the visa guru.

You can get a re-entry permit for the 60 day extension.

9 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Your answer is unclear. So no need to apply for re-entry permit comes with the extension automatically? and yes I will be allowed to

re enter ( after a month in the UK) to finish the remainder of the extension?

I don't know how your can read it that way.

After getting the 60 day extension you will have to a apply for a single re-entry permit and pay the 1000 baht fee for it.

No problem to use the re-entry permit after being out of the country for a month but remember you will only be stamped into the country until the date the 60 days ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1