Covid-19: Thai infected with virus complains of high cost and lack of beds

webfact

12 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

He'll be a hunted man for speaking out the truth....

Just how on Earth do you know it was the truth?

Fake news troll story?

Deleted because it was being taken seriously?

Some people blindly believe anything they see. 

It's sad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

So is it fake or not?

Not sure why Thai nationals are not covered under the 30baht scheme as they are for all other health issues.

Although this guy was using insurance i guess at a private hospital to accrue that sort of bill.

14 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Given that a lot of people don't have insurance and don't have 100,000 Baht either, I wonder what is going to happen to the general populace if and when this spreads like it has in other countries. Are the poor going to have to stay at home, infecting others while they die?

They are covered by the 30 baht scheme, as a Thai he had no need of an insurance to pay for this.

• Like 2

Just now, sapson said:

So is it fake or not?

Not sure why Thai nationals are not covered under the 30baht scheme as they are for all other health issues.

Although this guy was using insurance i guess at a private hospital to accrue that sort of bill.

They are, it was announced a few days ago.

6 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Why would he be lying ? a proper covid19 test costs between 3 and 20k in Bangkok, typically around 7k on average I know enough Thais who have had them privately.. why would treatment and a bed NOT be 100k ? thats just a couple of nights cost in many hospitals for various treatments, cousin had dengue and bad for a week cost him 120k 10 years ago 

I had dengue fever 5 years ago in Surin, in a private hospital, private room for 4 nights, 28,000 Baht. I call BS on this guys post, he was covered under the 30 baht scheme, no need to pay a penny unless he was in a different province from his hometown amd Mr bigshot decided to go to Bangkok hospital in a private room but then he wouldn't have had to wait 4 days the leeches there would have got him a bed straight away. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Given that a lot of people don't have insurance and don't have 100,000 Baht either, I wonder what is going to happen to the general populace if and when this spreads like it has in other countries. Are the poor going to have to stay at home, infecting others while they die?

With the Oz dollar dropping and our budget blowing out to double last year, i.e. our own fault, we went on 4 domestic holidays and one overseas with 4 kids.

So when I looked at our budget, I was looking at ways to cut back on things, and one of the biggest ticket items on the list was private health cover for the Mrs and the kids and I said to the Mrs, nope, that has to stay, but we are young and healthy and we have cover in the government hospitals for free and if it is serious they can transfer us to the private hospitals and the government will cover it, or you can pay out of your pocket.

Her uncle who had a heart attack she said, was transferred from the government hospital to a private hospital to have a stent put it, and the government covered it, so I thought about it again and said nope, she kept raising it and eventually I gave in, that was in December, saving us 60,000 baht.

Now with the Covid-19 hitting worldnews day in day out, I seriously didn't think about that did I, so I got onto the broker and completed new applications, approved because they are in the system and nothing has changed, this time there will be no cancellation of their private health cover EVER.

As for the wife, she is happy with the idea of her and the kids being covered again, although she said we are not going away these school holidays, that can cover the cost of the private health cover, yeh smart girl my wife, "at times" ????

38 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Why would he be lying ? a proper covid19 test costs between 3 and 20k in Bangkok, typically around 7k on average I know enough Thais who have had them privately.. why would treatment and a bed NOT be 100k ? thats just a couple of nights cost in many hospitals for various treatments, cousin had dengue and bad for a week cost him 120k 10 years ago 

Covid Sign Bkk Phuket Hospital.jpg

36 minutes ago, sapson said:

They are.

Sounds like he was in a private hospital.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, donnacha said:

You pay now!

Bear in mind, this was a young guy who apparently did not require critical care. His bill could have been a lot higher.

Also, he did not have to pay the farang price.

So what did he have to pay for ?  Sounds  bit strange to me ...

5 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

So what did he have to pay for ?  Sounds  bit strange to me ...

Have you never witnessed how middle class Thais use hospitals?

For the least little problem, they will agree to be kept overnight for "observation", and then accept any treatments the doctor suggests.

• Like 2

The government issued a directive few years back that under the 30baht scheme even private hospitals cannot refuse to freely treat a Thai, however in practice maybe impossible.

Any private hospital will ask for insurance details almost immediately from a farang or Thai.

However Bangkok hospital charging 25 k for a Covid screen is disgusting but aimed at wealthy thais knowing that the insurance will pick up the tab.

The whole point under the dire emergency circumstances it should be free testing for anyone with symptoms to avoid the spread.....

Perhaps the head numb nuts could finally honour his word and make masks and sanitizer freely available to buy nationwide.................one month now locally and still SOLLY NO HAB.