Thailand reports 35 new coronavirus infections for total of 212

webfact

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

How on earth would they know where the thousands of people at that boxing event went to afterwards?

They did not even know until many days later that this venue was a source of transmission.

All they can do now is test those who come forward and mostly that will be people who are symptomatic. They will never be able to test the majority of people who were at that event.  Not at all like the prior entertainment venue clusters which were small groups of people known to each other & socializing together.  This was a large, mass public gathering.

I wasn't referring to the whole stadium. The news papers had something like 11-12 people they say got it from that location. Where do those 11-12 live? I saw one more tested positive in Kalasin today. That person was connected the boxing night. I'm just talking about people they know are infected of course.

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

I wasn't referring to the whole stadium. The news papers had something like 11-12 people they say got it from that location. Where do those 11-12 live? I saw one more tested positive in Kalasin today. That person was connected the boxing night. I'm just talking about people they know are infected of course.

its up at around 52 suspected from there now

20 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

And still only 1 recorded death ??

That must make Thais the most resistant people ever, which is strange as the hospitals are always chock block full of sickies !!!

I don't believe them ????

Only 1 known death from COVID but 25 deaths from dengue feVer, some of which may have been untested COVID. A Thai virologist reported that there has been a surge of dengue.

These recent numbers are complete bunk.

The virus pattern doesn't hit 32 cases for a few weeks, then stop for a few weeks, and then suddenly go to around 30 for the last 3 days. That's a result of random testing...not qualified data.

Look at any country and they all follow the same basic pattern.

I picked Germany at random, but I could have picked any country where there is enough data. It starts with a few cases and slowly grows. It doesn't stop and sputter and then go up.

Thailand is a Petri dish left out of the fridge too long - and it's about to get found out.

Thailand has no option to to start testing like Korea did - 20,000+ per day, because the virus has had a long time to infect people and it multiplies daily.

Screen Shot 2563-03-19 at 8.42.47 AM.png

Yeah the low volume of testing here means any published number is totally meaningless and you can at least assume 10 times the published number and it could just as easily be 1000 times the published number. It's way overdue to actually do mass testing. That's basic. Further delay is tragic. 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, raccos21 said:

So what happened to those illegal  Thai workers that arrived from Korea couple weeks ago? Isn’t anyone infected by them? Don’t they count?

About 50 of them are being housed at an old government complex about 20 miles south of Udon Thani. Supposedly under quarantine, but occasionally seen wandering about the nearby village (where a friend lives). He is sufficiently concerned to self isolate himself and wife for 2 weeks as a precaution, they should be gone by then.

Surprise surprise, Udon and surrounding provinces have zero cases ....... try getting tested around here! (without paying through the nose for it). And due to a lack of information, rumours abound. So far nothing has shut down, except summer school at some schools.

Makro at least are doing a bit to help - suspension of parking tickets, a temperature test and hand gel at the doors. Not seen anything anywhere else yet, but i am trying to cut my shopping visits down (stocked up with masks, alcohol spray and some food a month ago). Wife is now upping bio-security in her shop - hand washing for customers, disinfecting money.

3 minutes ago, rickudon said:

About 50 of them are being housed at an old government complex about 20 miles south of Udon Thani. Supposedly under quarantine, but occasionally seen wandering about the nearby village (where a friend lives). He is sufficiently concerned to self isolate himself and wife for 2 weeks as a precaution, they should be gone by then.

Surprise surprise, Udon and surrounding provinces have zero cases ....... try getting tested around here! (without paying through the nose for it). And due to a lack of information, rumours abound. So far nothing has shut down, except summer school at some schools.

Makro at least are doing a bit to help - suspension of parking tickets, a temperature test and hand gel at the doors. Not seen anything anywhere else yet, but i am trying to cut my shopping visits down (stocked up with masks, alcohol spray and some food a month ago). Wife is now upping bio-security in her shop - hand washing for customers, disinfecting money.

The bars are shut in Udon, many restaurants are take away only, all the big stores are checking temps on entry, gel etc. Tesco, Big C etc. 

27 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The bars are shut in Udon, many restaurants are take away only, all the big stores are checking temps on entry, gel etc. Tesco, Big C etc. 

Haven't been to a bar or restaurant for over a week, so wouldn't have seen that. Big C were not checking temperatures or offering Handgel  6 days ago. The fruit and veg market  near Makro - no changes....

4 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Haven't been to a bar or restaurant for over a week, so wouldn't have seen that. Big C were not checking temperatures or offering Handgel  6 days ago. The fruit and veg market  near Makro - no changes....

Things have changed a lot in the past 6 days.