Any point in visiting pattaya during 14 day lockdown?

ghworker2010

This is worldwide.  Every country in the world has it.  Just because Thailand hasn't locked down the country yet doesn't mean it won't.  It's just a matter of time.

I'd recommend staying home, stop drinking, eat soup, take lots of Vitamin C, do yoga from YouTube, watch the news, eat leafy greens, oranges, take Vit D, B vitamins, get lots of sleep, exercise by walking around close to home.

Get healthy, stay healthy. ????????????????????

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:25 PM, CharlieH said:

It would appear that some are not following the directive and no one is enforcing it either. Who would've thought that.....????

I was sat in Nida bar yesterday afternoon on Soi Bukhao and absolutely packed as many bars in the area closed. Police turned up shortly after I left, a bit before 4pm.

My friend said he was in Nida the night before and the Marquee which had been open suddenly closed and everyone ran out and across the street.

Going to get worse before it gets better.

11 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I'd recommend staying home, stop drinking, eat soup, take lots of Vitamin C, do yoga from YouTube, watch the news, eat leafy greens, oranges, take Vit D, B vitamins, get lots of sleep, exercise by walking around close to home.

Get healthy, stay healthy. ????????????????????

Think I'd prefer to catch the flu and die.

20 hours ago, elgenon said:

Why aren't the restaurants closed? Oh, the virus can't be transmitted in a restaurant?

Lot of people living in condos without facilities would be struggling without them. 

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

Get out there and experience the joy of riding or driving around deserted streets in Pattaya while you can.

Yesterday I did that  but the  B.I.B where out in force at  the sea end of Theprasit road so I decided to  not venture fully into town as they most likely had other check points around town too ?  + there is still lots of roadworks ongoing.

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

Get out there and experience the joy of riding or driving around deserted streets in Pattaya while you can.

Walking and Bicycling is much more pleasurable now also, for those of us who can still use their legs and seek exercise after 60 years old.

"While you can"  at least until the end of the month.  Plenty of time for all you people who claim to be "self isolating" yet are still travelling to other towns

Edited by Skallywag

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Yesterday I did that  but the  B.I.B where out in force at  the sea end of Theprasit road so I decided to  not venture fully into town as they most likely had other check points around town too ?  + there is still lots of roadworks ongoing.

Yes, I did give that a thought. I was riding late, from 9pm until midnight, and didn't see any checkpoints, but I can imagine the police are getting really desperate for cash in hand and that foreigners on bikes will be targeted.

Edited by tropo

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Walking and Bicycling is much more pleasurable now also, for those who can still want to use their legs and exercise after 60 years old

"While you can"  at least until the end of the month.  Plenty of time for all you people who claim to be "quarantined" yet are still travelling to other towns

I really don't see how "while you can" can be less than 3 months, at the very least. The virus spread has only just begun.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Lot of people living in condos without facilities would be struggling without them. 

No need to state the obvious to the uneducated, they wouldn't understand anyway????

I’ve been in Pattaya for 4 days, lockdown conditions were inposed the following day. Was put into pub crawl by police closing down the bar I’d just entered that first night. Restaurants serving alcohol have now been told to stop serving beer. Some establishments are ignoring the new rules. They are becoming harder to find.

i like to have a normal massage every day. Can’t now, all closed down. I’ve found somewhere after much searching for a beer and good company , but I’m not telling .

Had I expected the current situation to occur, I would have cancelled my trip.. I’m here now and will try to make the best of it

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

for those of us who can still use their legs and seek exercise after 60 years old.

Well done you, at least you are not like some of the narcissists that feel the need to tell people & secretly seek there approval ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I really don't see how "while you can" can be less than 3 months, at the very least. The virus spread has only just begun.

Been discussing the virus since late January here in LOS.  Chinese tour buses stopped then.  3-8 day incubation period.  How can the "spread" be just beginning now?  Just asking, do not really know.  Where are the cases going to come from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Been discussing the virus since late January here in LOS.  Chinese tour buses stopped then.  3-8 day incubation period.  How can the "spread" be just beginning now?  Just asking, do not really know.  Where are the cases going to come from?

Have a look at the latest infection updates from around the world. The most extreme example comes out of Italy with 1 person dying every 4 minutes and the rest of Europe is on a similar trajectory. In Iran, it's one person dying every 10 minutes. This has just begun. It was not long ago that they witnessed the first human to human infection. You won't be able to party in bars in Pattaya anytime soon. Of particular note are the US statistics. Confirmed cases were in the hundreds a few weeks ago, and now they've topped 20,000 confirmed cases.

• Haha 1

I would go...but would hate to see my regular eating spots closed...Been washing my hands as always, and avoiding transit crowds, but not any sightings of coughing, sick people here in my Thai neighborhood.  Was out last night on the River, and while a little solemn, the partying carried on.  A lot of the Thais are outdoor types, and/or they get sick of the small apartments, and dont like to be told what to do..so they are gonna come out..almost in rebellion, and I think you will start seeing more of that in the US, too.  Even in the moderate winter places, like virginia, Spring Fever is real..

Edited by moontang