Travelling to Bali - Covid-19 restrictions?

jomtien99

UK national working in Thailand (and not visited any restricted countries) with Thai partner flying to Bali on 1st April for 10 days holiday. I cannot seem to find out if or any current restrictions for arrival in Indonesia or returning into Bangkok. Cannot get through to Indonesian embassy for information. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For any visitors to Indonesia please note that the Indonesian Governement has advised that starting this Friday 20th March, foreign visitors from all countries, will not be able to get the  Visa Free Arrival and Visa on Arrival as they are suspended for one month. Therefore, every foreigner who will visit Indonesia is required to have a Visa from an Indonesian Representative in accordance with the purpose of the visit. When applying for a visa, you must attach a health certificate issued by the health authority in each country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasonsamui55 said:

Why would anyone in their right mind voluntarily travel for leisure these days? ????

We are right now living in times, when we still can choose the location where we want to stay during the wild ride we are about to experience. 

Every trip to another country can mean to be the last travel for a while. 

Borders are closing worldwide. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheDark said:

We are right now living in times, when we still can choose the location where we want to stay during the wild ride we are about to experience. 

Every trip to another country can mean to be the last travel for a while. 

Borders are closing worldwide. 

"We are right now living in times, when we still can choose the location where we want to stay"

I don't think that's correct at the moment. 

• Confused 1

Arrived in Bali on March 17th and entered with no problems. Bali has had 4 cases of COVID-19 with one death (an elderly foreigner). There are few foreigners here but life is presently quite normal and good here except gatherings and events for a big holiday next week have been cancelled. Suppose to leave on April 15th after my 30 days is up but if unable to return to Thailand, I'll head to Indo immigration for an extension. Figure I have enuf cash to stay 100 days. I'm not gonna worry about anything until then. The weather is great, food fantastic, people super, and the US dollar is really strong...feel alot better and safer here than I did back in Thailand with the virus situation there.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:09 PM, Leatherneck said:

Arrived in Bali on March 17th and entered with no problems. Bali has had 4 cases of COVID-19 with one death (an elderly foreigner). There are few foreigners here but life is presently quite normal and good here except gatherings and events for a big holiday next week have been cancelled. Suppose to leave on April 15th after my 30 days is up but if unable to return to Thailand, I'll head to Indo immigration for an extension. Figure I have enuf cash to stay 100 days. I'm not gonna worry about anything until then. The weather is great, food fantastic, people super, and the US dollar is really strong...feel alot better and safer here than I did back in Thailand with the virus situation there.

Exactly why I wanted to Bali.

I agree that in the last 2 weeks with the evolving situation it would be really stupid to plan a holiday anywhere, however I booked my trip to Bali early January when there was no way of knowing what we know today, so this is not an April's fool post. I have now carefully reconsidered and could only come to one conclusion: cancel my trip. 

22 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

Not sure how Bali fits into the scheme of things, but overall Indonesia is not doing terribly well...

38AA2FA4-01AA-4C10-AFA0-037A7C6CAD53.png

4 cases with one death (an elderly foreigner) as of 2 days ago on Bali. I understand that most of the cases have been in Jakarta and on Java...so far.