Drive-thru virus tests available at Vibhavadi Hospital

webfact

Drive-thru virus tests available at Vibhavadi Hospital

By THE NATION

800_9280a9e1dcb1f60.jpg?v=1584607037

Thailand’s first “drive-through” testing centre for the Covid-19 virus opened on Wednesday (March 18) at Vibhavadi Hospital in Bangkok’s Chatuchak district.

Vibhavadi Medical Centre has arranged for people to be tested without leaving their vehicles – a “safe distancing” approach already in use in several other countries.

“The Drive Thru Covid-19 Test is available at Building 4 of Vibhavadi Hospital, where customers can arrive in their personal vehicles and get tested through the windows,” the centre said in a statement.

“Staff will collect samples from the nasal cavity and throat, which will be sent to the lab immediately. We will notify the subject of the results via SMS within 24 hours so there’s no need to go back to the hospital again to find out.”

The test costs Bt6,500. The service is available daily from 8am to 6pm.

The hospital’s lab can handle 150-200 tests per day.

About 50 people have driven in for a test in the first 24 hours.

Additional parking space has opened at the Vi Plaza Building to compensate for the space devoted to the testing area.

The hospital has screening checkpoints at all entrances and an isolated clinic where Covid-19 tests are done using conventional procedures.

“Anyone testing positive at the clinic will immediately be sent to our facilities that are certified to treat Covid-19 patients,” the centre said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384423

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-19

41 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Oh dear. More negative and dark comments concerning a voluntary program. 

It is not negative to point out that making money from a crisis like this is somewhat lacking in morals. And as some said, why isn't testing free? They did that in Korea and Vietnam.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Good, but testing should be free and there should be a lot of these. Korea did this right and is reaping positive results.

Please tell Bangkok Hospital. I Understand they charge 20 000 baht.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The test costs Bt6,500.

Testing should be made available and FREE for all of the population.

many poor and [now out of work] people cannot afford these prices to get tested.

This is going to increase the spread of the virus.
The government can afford millions in useless stimulus packages... this is where the money could be used for better affects!

In time as the infection rate rises possible contact with infected people rises, thus the need for more testing...
Some people cannot afford to be tested once, let alone a few times over a period of weeks/months if they think they've been in contact with carriers.

The government think people will test once only?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

It is not negative to point out that making money from a crisis like this is somewhat lacking in morals. And as some said, why isn't testing free? They did that in Korea and Vietnam.

The apologists just can't help themselves. 

There is simply nothing that they can find fault with regarding the regime

• Haha 1

Of course it should be free thats what the universal health cover is all about and social security connected to a job and income tax.

6000 baht or even 3000 baht is a lot for a Thai to pay who earns 15k a month, that amount will often be the monthly food budget.

Kits should be purchased and distributed to be used freely at all hospitals nationwide.

However if Prayut cant arrange basic masks and sanitizer to be available at all pharmacies, i think countrywide free testing is sadly way beyond his military and ministerial logistical skills.

I have a bus trip tomorrow and still cant buy a mask! I,ll just have to make do wearing my girls thong and maybe use a tissue to cover my mouth and nose...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

This is false information.

While at Bumrungrad Hospital yesterday I inquired about the cost, procedure, waiting time for results.  The cost is 10,000 BHT.

Stop spreading information about which you don't have the facts. 

He was referring to this promotion by the Bangkok Hospital chain nationwide .....special offer 25k

Covid Sign Bkk Phuket Hospital.jpg

• Like 1

According to information obtained by Thai PBS, the charges made for an individual to be tested for COVID-19 infection vary from hospital to hospital.

Hospital                                   Price (Baht)

Siriraj Piya Maharajkaroon        9,900

Rama IX                                         8,000-10,000

Bumrungrad                                  8,000-14,000

Vichaiyudh                                     7,500

Rangsit                                           7,000

Bangkok Christian                      5,000-10,000

Phya Thai 2                                  6,500

Paolo                                             5,000-13,000

Ramathibodi                               5,000

Chulalongkorn                           3,000-6,000

Rajavithi                                     3,000-6,000

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-costs-of-testing-for-covid-19-infection/

That explains why the infected positive numbers are surprisingly low in Thailand, very few other than the wealthy being tested due to expensive cost.

It should be free and the government needs to foot the bill.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, looking for LIFE insurance said:

While at Bumrungrad Hospital yesterday I inquired about the cost, procedure, waiting time for results.  The cost is 10,000 BHT.

Calls by Thai Enquirer to Samitivej, Bangkok Hospital, Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital, and Bumrungrad Hospital showed that tests ran between 18,000 baht to 22,000 baht.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/9572/thailands-private-hospitals-are-charging-a-fortune-to-test-for-covid-no-its-not-profiteering-its-much-worse/

On 3/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, looking for LIFE insurance said:

First of all, Bumrungrad is in Bangkok and Bangkok Hospital is in Samui. You may spread this information.

Secondly, I got the 20 00 bt from a widely circulated poster on Thai Visa. That's why I said "I understand" and not stated it as a fact. As you obviously relish the facts, perhaps you can back up your advice by stating as a fact what Bangkok Hospital does in fact charge for the Covid-19 test.