Anyone extending visas/permissions to stay etc at Chang Wattana?

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks, i'm looking to extend a permission to stay for another 30 days. If i get there early with all docs present and correct, possible to get it done in one day?

Yes it can and will be done in one day. Go early in the morning (around 7).

Extension required few days ago. 85% of immigrants wearing mask, very few officers with any protection. The one who handled our case had no mask and no gloves. Extremely crowded as usual, we finished in 7 hours for a normal non-O extension (without any technical problem). No comment. By the way: we refused 2 taxis because their drivers had no mask. I suggest this policy to everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Svadhistana said:

Extension required few days ago. 85% of immigrants wearing mask, very few officers with any protection. The one who handled our case had no mask and no gloves. Extremely crowded as usual, we finished in 7 hours for a normal non-O extension (without any technical problem). No comment. By the way: we refused 2 taxis because their drivers had no mask. I suggest this policy to everybody.

Thanks for the update...did they do temperature testing on entry? I'm also interested if they are demanding medical cert. and proof of insurance too? 

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks for the update...did they do temperature testing on entry? I'm also interested if they are demanding medical cert. and proof of insurance too? 

No requirement in my case (family ext.) I cannot say for other cases

They open at 08h30. But I would advise you to arrive there at 06h30 or before to be at the beginning of the line

If you arrive at 08h00 you will be in the 300+ and might not be able to do the process in one day 

Have a great day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiman said:

what documents are needed to extend the normal 30day tourist visa exempt for an additional 30 days?

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. 

Copies of passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Like 2

How early can an extension to a tourist visa exempt stamp be done? 3/2/1 weeks before it expires? This will be my last extension. My 2nd (and last) border run stamp expires on April 15.  I have a flight booked back home on May 2. However, in case they lock down Bangkok, I want to have the extension done as soon as possible.

I will be in Pattaya during all of April, and I don't want to get stuck in Pattaya unable to return to Bangkok for the extension.

7 hours ago, schopenhaur said:

I will be in Pattaya during all of April, and I don't want to get stuck in Pattaya unable to return to Bangkok for the extension.

Bangkok is not the only place where you can apply for the extension. It can be applied for at any immigration office (about 80 of them) if you have a address for where they are located to put on the application.

You can apply for the extension in Pattaya at immigration in Jomtien.

Thanks Ubonjoe. I am concerned because it appears that the Jomtein office requires more documentation than the Bangkok office, regarding receipts/registration and ID of owner for the accommodations. I will be staying in an Airbnb and not certain that they will provide these. The Bangkok office does not require these documents and therefore I wanted to get the extension done in Bangkok to get this done as stress free as possible. 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, thaiman said:

Do you have to wear pants at CW?

Yes. I also saw someone else refused service as they had a sleeveless shirt. I just googled a sign from CW; it also include see-through clothes, shirts that expose the stomach, tight pants, short pants, mini skirts, and sandals. It's not enforced every day, and exceptions were granted if you've never been to CW before, but why chance it. There are other Thaivisa posts from the last year or two on the same topic if interested as well.

Edited by landosmiles
  • Like 1