Transit Flights when that country has a ban on foreigners entering

bbi1

What happens if you book a flight home Eg. AirAsia which transits in Malaysia (2-4 hours) and that country has a ban on foreigners entering? I see AirAsia still has daily flights available every day of the week for next month. Is an exception being made for those type of flights?

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Choose a country here to what they require for transiting if mentioned. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

According to that site it looks like no transit is allowed, so how can AirAsia be offering transiting flights there?

MALAYSIA - published 18.03.2020 
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Malaysia.
- This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to permanent residents of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic passport.
2.Nationals and residents of Malaysia are required to be self-quarantined for 14 days.
3. Nationals of China (People's Rep.) with a passport issued in Hubei, Zhejiang or Jiangsu Province (China People's Rep.) are not allowed to enter Malaysia. 
- This does not apply to passengers who reside in Malaysia. 
4. Passengers who have been in the Hubei, Zhejiang or Jiangsu Provinces (China People's Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Malaysia. 
- This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia and passengers who reside in Malaysia. 
5. Passengers who have been in Hokkaido in Japan in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit and enter Malaysia. - This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia. 
- This does not apply to Malaysian permanent residents, Malaysian social pass holders and Malaysian student passes holders. 
6. Malaysian Permanent Residents and Pass Holders (Long Term Social Visit Pass and Student Pass) who have been to Iran, Italy or Korea (Rep.) in the last 14 days must undergo health screening by the Ministry of Health (KKM). 
7. Operating Airline Crew who are nationals of China (People's Rep.), Iran, Italy and Korea (Rep,) will be subject to health screening upon arrival. 
Effective 13 March 2020: 
8. Nationals of Iran, Italy and Korea (Rep.) are not allowed to enter. 
9. Passengers who have been in Iran, Italy or Korea (Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Malaysia. 
- This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia. 
- This does not apply to Malaysian permanent residents, Malaysian social pass holders and Malaysian student passes holders. 

Most airlines will require a new check-in if the stop-over is more than 12 hours, so in such case, you would already be rejected for check-in at original point of origin. If the stop-over is shorter than 12 hours and flight allows check-in all the way, then you would generally be allowed check-in.

Each country and airline has own rules though so best to check with your airline and the immigration of the country through which you are transiting, but also the destination country.

Air Asia does allow check-in for entire flight for international flights transiting through KL. Or at least used to. By that I mean that you would receive boarding pass for onward journey and have bags checked in to the final destination.

Good question indeed.

And a point i'm not sure about : when i came back, i "transited" in KL, but since it was two different airlines and i had to bought the tickets separately, although i asked for my luggage to transit directly, it was not possible. Etihad + Air Asia, the first saying nop. 

Was a 2h1/2 transit, not relaxing.

So i had to pass immigration, change terminal, take my luggage, re-change terminal, check-in, repass immigration...

I miss the old time when traveling was so easy and so fun ????