Now they are closing condo pools

ronjomtien

Yesterday they closed the navy beaches near Sattahip. This afternoon I came to my condo, AD Condo in Bang Saray and all three big pools were shut down with tape. The notice said something about Chon Buri Communicable Diseases Office. Could not find anything on web about this nor can my Thai friend. 

I did see the list of all closures for Bangkok by the governor that said...'Public swimming pools' closing but not private.

Does anyone see this at their condo, please tell us.

I'm in Bangkok right now and my Bangkok condo closed the pool, gym, library, and sky lounge yesterday.  I'm not happy about the pool and sky lounge closing as I was usually swimming in the pool by myself or with 1 or 2 others and the very large sky lounge only ever had 4 or 5 people using it at one time--there was plenty of room to sit far apart.  Haven't heard what is happening at my Pattaya condo. 

40 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Same as my condo.  And they even put tape on the floor of the elevators dividing it into 4 sections and have made it a rule that we have to wear masks and cannot talk while riding in it.

I feel so much safer now.

No little foot print  markers showing how you should also  face the wall ?

11 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

No little foot print  markers showing how you should also  face the wall ?

Surprisingly not...but what if more than 4 people are in the lift at the same time?  This was the notice sent out by management today via email....

99155DAC-BD09-4DD5-9234-62FE062D9E61.jpeg

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And meanwhile, supermarkets and the BTS/MRT (places where people come into close contact with each other) remain open as normal. I don't get it!!!

Where can we shop if they close the supermarkets? And how can we leave bkk without a skytrain or taxi?

Will the bahtbuses also stop operating?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, baansgr said:

People tend to dribble and spit when swimming, going to buy food In a supermarket is a necessity, swimming isn't

I did mention the part about chlorinated swimming pool water above...  There's a reason most public swimming pool water is chlorinated.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Where can we shop if they close the supermarkets? And how can we leave bkk without a skytrain or taxi?

Will the bahtbuses also stop operating?

The supermarkets and BTS/MRT are supposed to be remaining open as usual.

I haven't heard of any changes re public taxis or song thows.

They’ve just done this in my condo on Phratamnak Hill, Pattaya. I appreciate their enthusiasm and the desire to do good, but that lift is about 5ft across. I plan to stand on the arrow next to the door and watch everyone scratch their heads on what to do next if they want to get in the lift 1f642.png

IMG_8763.thumb.JPG.9a24ffb95468db7e81900a3f81edb28b.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoonToong said:

I plan to stand on the arrow next to the door and watch everyone scratch their heads on what to do next if they want to get in the lift

So do they have to put numbers on each section too, to inform you of the order of allocation? 

I dont see the point in closing pools down ok some hotels if there was lots of tourists but condos in my experience dont get used I went for a swim last night and in a big 45m pool there was only 3 people in the hour I was there I think they must have up the chlorine levels it was quite strong 

• Like 1

The area around the swimming pool is usually the main social gathering place in a condo, so if you're trying to get people to practice social distancing it makes sense to stop them sitting shoulder to shoulder on the sunbeds and chatting. I don't think it's the swimming that the authorities see as a problem so much as simply keeping people physically apart.

• Like 1

I found the attached somewhere on the internet last night - I forget where.

A thai friend assures me that it says nothing about swimming pools.  Perhaps others would like to check.

Its also worth looking at https://www.troublefreepool.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swimming_Pools_and_COVID-19_Coronavirus.

It seems that chlorine is very effective against the virus.

Chonburi communicable diseases committee COVID-19.pdf

I just went for my daily swim in the village pool and had it to myself, as I usually do. There's a notice in red ink stuck up at the entrance gate saying that due to the Covid-19 restrictions until further notice only residents of the village may use the pool. We charge people living outside 100 Baht to use the pool, but evidently they won't be allowed in any more. The notice also says that guests staying with residents are not allowed to use it, but how they'll enforce that I've no idea.

17 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

This afternoon I came to my condo, AD Condo in Bang Saray and all three big pools were shut down with tape.

Dongtan beach in Jomtien looks good for swimming.   

19 minutes ago, Guderian said:

We charge people living outside 100 Baht to use the pool, but evidently they won't be allowed in any more. The notice also says that guests staying with residents are not allowed to use it, but how they'll enforce that I've no idea.

Maybe they're relying on residents to be reasonable in their understanding of the reasons for restrictions and to do the right thing regarding guests?

The pool in my condo is a magnet for tourists. One stays in the building then all the rest stay somewhere cheaper with no pool. The one with the keycard pops to 7-11 and comes back with all their friends. I can't count the number of times I have found the security door stopped from closing with a small stone.

So my vote would be to close the pools, it's really not worth it.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I did mention the part about chlorinated swimming pool water above...  There's a reason most public swimming pool water is chlorinated.

You are looking for logic in a country where it morphs continually.

Swimming pools are not the problem, it's the number of people in them. i try to swim when there is no-one else there.

40 minutes ago, Play your cards right said:

The pool in my condo is a magnet for tourists. One stays in the building then all the rest stay somewhere cheaper with no pool. The one with the keycard pops to 7-11 and comes back with all their friends. I can't count the number of times I have found the security door stopped from closing with a small stone.

So my vote would be to close the pools, it's really not worth it.

My vote would be to fine the guy /gal who clones the keycard 50,000 baht.

• Like 1