Obtaining a TOURIST visa in Brazil for Thailand.

Good evening,
I am hoping somebody can help me.
Does anyone know the process for getting a tourist visa at the Thai consulate/embassies in Brazil.
Their website is offline.
Im thinking about information such as:
What days you can submit,
Turnaround time.
I'm aware there are two in Brazil, Im thinking of the Sao Paulo one.

**the passport holder needs a tourist visa, I am aware Brazilian's do not**

TIA

Can you get a test result which shows that you don't have Corvid?

Do you have a health insurance which has at least 100k USD coverage for Corvid in Thailand?

If one of the answer is no then currently you won't get a visa

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Can you get a test result which shows that you don't have Corvid?

Do you have a health insurance which has at least 100k USD coverage for Corvid in Thailand?

If one of the answer is no then currently you won't get a visa

yes and yes, which is why I was specific about the question asked.

If you are from Brazil you do not need a tourist visa. You would get a 90 day visa exempt entry under a bilateral agreement with Thailand.

Contact info for the embassy.

Brasilia
ic-building.png Embaixada Real da TailandiaSEN - Av. Das Nacoes - Lote 10,CEP. 40433-900,Brasilia-DF, BRAZIL
Tel : (55-61) 3224-6943,3224-6849 VOIP: 560201,560202,560203,560204,560205,560206
Fax : (55-61) 2108-0075
Email : [email protected] [email protected] (consular service) [email protected]
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are from Brazil you do not need a tourist visa. You would get a 90 day visa exempt entry under a bilateral agreement with Thailand.

Contact info for the embassy.

Brasilia
ic-building.png Embaixada Real da TailandiaSEN - Av. Das Nacoes - Lote 10,CEP. 40433-900,Brasilia-DF, BRAZIL
Tel : (55-61) 3224-6943,3224-6849 VOIP: 560201,560202,560203,560204,560205,560206
Fax : (55-61) 2108-0075
Email : [email protected] [email protected] (consular service) [email protected]

The passport holder is not Brazilian as stated but is currently in Brazil. Also, to cover all basis if anyone knows the same information for Brasillia embasay that would be great.

The Brazilian Embassy Bangkok is offering the following advice.

THAILAND, LAOS AND CAMBODIA - CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

Alert level: DO NOT TRAVEL TO THAILAND, LAOS AND CAMBODIA

The situation of covid-19 pandemic implies restrictions on locomotion, health risk and the possibility of preventing the return to Brazil. Several flights connecting Brazil and Asia are being canceled and new restrictions imposed for transit in countries such as Turkey, Qatar, among others. It is worth remembering that several tourist attractions are being closed and events cancelled.

Those already traveling in the region, it is recommended to avoid travel to neighboring countries. Ideally, the traveler will try to return to their usual place of residence. Common sense should be made and global efforts to contain the pandemic should be prioritized.

ENTRY INTO THAILAND - URGENT UPDATE ON 3/20

All travelers wishing to enter Thailand must, from 22/3, present a health certificate, issued within 72 hours prior to boarding, confirming that the person has been tested negatively for COVID-19, as well as present insurance policy with minimum coverage for COVID-19 not less than 100 thousand dollars (USD).

FAQ ON MEASURES ADOPTED IN THAILAND.

Attention:

BRAZILIANS WHO ARE IN THAILAND, LAOS AND CAMBODIA AND ARE UNABLE TO BOARD TO BRAZIL FOR CANCELLATION OF FLIGHTS, PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO CONSULAR SECTOR FOR EVENTUAL ASSISTANCE ([email protected])

- at the moment, the consular sector is guiding with general information and recording cases for possible updates.

- the Brazilian government has not yet indicated the possibility of any kind of individual aid to Brazilians in situations of restricted flights. It is up to the national to find, together with the airlines, options to return to Brazil.

- the consular sector has prepared report of flight routes that are still operating between Thailand - Brasil (updated on 19/3, 14h). It is begged for understanding so that the information changes at all times and the list may be out of date at any time.

RECOMMENDATION OF GUIDELINES (updated daily):

- it is recommended to follow the guidelines (in English) of the Ministry of Health of Thailand on care in relation to the coronavirus outbreak in Thailand.

- see also the guidelines of the Brazilian Ministry of Health.

- see here list of hospitals in Bangkok prepared to do coronavirus infectiontest. For other cities, please consult your local authorities on 1422.

15 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

The passport holder is not Brazilian as stated but is currently in Brazil. Also, to cover all basis if anyone knows the same information for Brasillia embasay that would be great.

I did not see that in the OP.

Contact the Thai embassy. I posted the contact info I found on the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

Unless your friends travel to Thailand is absolutely essential, then stay away.

They'd face a 14 day quarantine and the situation is about to get a whole lot worse.

222 confirmed cases 3 days ago, now 411 (89 today).

Found contact info for the honorary consulate in Rio.

Thai Honorary Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rua Visconde de Piraja, 250-9 Andar, Ipanema, CEP: 22410-000 Rio de Janeiro-RJ Brazil

Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

Tel: (55) 21 2525 0000

E-mail: [email protected] 

Until last January there was one in Sao Paulo but it is now closed (still shown on this page along with one in Bogata).

http://www.thailatinamerica.net/index.php/component/content/article?id=44

It works like this, I did the process a while ago. 

You contact the Thai Embassy in Brasilia (Capital of Brazil). In Sao Paulo they will NOT issue any VISA, @ubonjoe provided the address already. 

You do not need to be in person to require a visa to Thailand, they will ask you to make a money deposit to the account they will provide, then you have to confirm it to them, and send your passport to using the local post office (service called SEDEX 10), have sure to ask all documents they need for a Tourist VISA (they will give instructions for you), mine was for a Non Immig. Type O that time. I remember I have to provide a copy of my address in Brazil that time, they didn't ask for a bank statement, but better have one to provide if they ask. 

Also a friend from Chile, did the same process as me just a year later.

But but due to corona virus I guess unlikely they will issue visas, you should call first.

This virus situation is a total mess!