Big C not Delivering online orders anymore?

SymS

I've been ordering online for several years now, but now it appears Big C is not shipping anymore.

When checking out there isn't any shipping slot anymore. When checking out, I'm not offered any time slot until March 28th.

big-c.jpg

I guess they are shipping but can't cope with the demand in your area.

My SIL is ordering with them (we can't as we are 60+km's from the store) and she had a delivery today

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vogie said:

I have used Tesco Lotus home delivery in the past, the next available date is the 29th of this month.

I can also see 29th March is the next available date on Tesco website this morning too. Too bad, all promotions are only valid until 25th.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

The big Aussie supermarkets are either proactively through their loyalty programmes or reactively through online applications, setting up the elderly in "priority delivery" programmes - https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/priorityassistance

I was just told they are doing the same in the UK

15 hours ago, jirathama said:

You have to put your order early in the morning,  in order to get a slot 1 week from that. I ordered mine 5 am and could choose only from 2 out of 4 delivery hours.

Thanks. I should have thought about it. Ordered right after midnight earlier today with delivery next Monday.

I've noticed they've had afternoon delivery only (2 slots) for several months now.

5 minutes ago, SooKee said:

their regular delivery fee has jumped from THB 40 to THB 160.  Nice ????

Same thing for Lazada (Lazmart). I used to get free shipping for over 800 THB, then 39 THB outside of Bangkok, then last time my order failed and was cancelled due to an error with the website, and the next day I ordered the shipping fee jumped to 159 THB. I think it's still free in Bangkok though.

7 minutes ago, SymS said:

Same thing for Lazada (Lazmart). I used to get free shipping for over 800 THB, then 39 THB outside of Bangkok, then last time my order failed and was cancelled due to an error with the website, and the next day I ordered the shipping fee jumped to 159 THB. I think it's still free in Bangkok though.

Noticed the same thing. However just received an order and it took 48h instead of the usual 24h.

Home delivery, hmmmm, you don't know who has touched the box, bags or contents.....????

Plus, in LOS the washing of hands is a pretty lax practice.....I will carry on going out to buy my own stuff..............

diving.png.084817b03fc94e0db254215ff426655e.png

1 hour ago, transam said:

Home delivery, hmmmm, you don't know who has touched the box, bags or contents.....????

Plus, in LOS the washing of hands is a pretty lax practice.....I will carry on going out to buy my own stuff..............

diving.png.084817b03fc94e0db254215ff426655e.png

And the stuff you buy yourself hasn't been put on the shelf by someone and been delivered to the store by another one? Your logic is way off. 

HomePro stores have been closed for some time. But, they are still doing internet. However, speaking with their call center, we were told that we will have to wait and hear what the decree entails Friday. They will proceed according.

One might imagine that other delivery services will do likewise. Hopefully people didn't pay in advance. What a mess it will be, getting refunds, if deliveries are not allowed!

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

And the stuff you buy yourself hasn't been put on the shelf by someone and been delivered to the store by another one? Your logic is way off. 

I wear latex gloves, how about you...?   ????

55 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

What a mess it will be, getting refunds, if deliveries are not allowed!

Deliveries may be about the safest way to buy things. Going to a shop with many people entails much more risk of getting infested.

Refunds are usually not a problem, and many people likely pay at the door with card or cash. That's what I often do because paying online fails often.

Edited by SymS
add info about refunds

26 minutes ago, SymS said:

Deliveries may be about the safest way to buy things. Going to a shop with many people entails much more risk of getting infested.

You seem to think that the decree will make sense ... 

• Haha 1