Covid-19 mass exodus from Bangkok: Thousands pack Mo Chit bus station last night

webfact

This is like watching a car crash in slow motion. My heart goes out to the ordinary Thai people. My GF in Isaan has been following the basics since 8 February when I left; i.e. N95 when outside the home, washing hands with soap regularly, no touching the face, eating lots of fruits and veggies, etc. But I think it may all be for nothing. Her 21 year old son has still been going out to the local watering holes at night and now this. Herd immunity can not come fast enough for Thailand. ????

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i got to say one of the things trending on tweeter in Thai does not bode well right now. people are angry. 

i feel horrible for all these people. But I think for Thailand this has now defaulted to the "herd" approach. if you get sick, fine, deal with it. If you die, too bad.

Its always been like that...Thailand doesnt worry about the Warning Labels...they never put 'em on in the first place

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Maybe you could temporarily mask up to keep the locals happy when out & about.  Put a n95 mask on & quit bitching.

typical of people from that little known place in the uk backwaters called Yorkshire, just cannot educate them, and they make the most awful tea. Eat deep fried mars bar for lunch, and cholesterol for seconds

47 minutes ago, 7fish said:

Yes, 'the infrastructure of the whole country is to be destroyed many millions of businesses close and many millions made unemployed '

now extend that hypothesis globally and there you have, this is a global problem created by a global cartel to destroy the global economy. Its so obvious if you have had your eye on the ball last few years.

Know it just not as forward as you might precariously be.

I understand the outrage but as the whole country is not in lockdown, over the weekend the local beaches here in Rayong were full of Bangkok registered number plates with Thais partying as the bars & restaurants plus resorts are open for business. I presume we will have the same thing next weekend and probably will see more Chonburi number plates than usual if the police are clamping down there. They need to close off the expressway from Bangkok to Chonburi and Rayong. Also the Scandinavians on holiday for the winter are in their usual watering holes this evening, business as usual on the beach.

12 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I understand the outrage but as the whole country is not in lockdown, over the weekend the local beaches here in Rayong were full of Bangkok registered number plates with Thais partying as the bars & restaurants plus resorts are open for business. I presume we will have the same thing next weekend and probably will see more Chonburi number plates than usual if the police are clamping down there. They need to close off the expressway from Bangkok to Chonburi and Rayong. Also the Scandinavians on holiday for the winter are in their usual watering holes this evening, business as usual on the beach.

Thanks a lot. We need to get to our house in Rayong this week.

15 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Know it just not as forward as you might precariously be.

agreed, we in the west are far further down the road than in Thailand. Our economies are already destroyed and beyond recovery, now they can blame the financial crash on the virus, the desired result is a financial reset based on a digital currency with full government control, the end of small business with massive quantitative easing at public expense to big multinationals. It's not a new model, but the size and impact will be unprecedented. I stayed in Thailand for 7 years and at the time you seemed almost untouched by the western agendas, if only it could stay that way. Good luck

2 minutes ago, bender92 said:

Most people with the virus will only have symptoms like a cold. No need to panic.

tell that to the usa, now 28 states under lockdown with troops on the streets, as I said this is not about a virus

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Not just letting it happen.

Forcing it to happen by leaving people in dire straits with no choice.

I've hinted at this previously "Beware the Cure"."The end is nigh"I feel a new world order coming on and it's in the name of humanity treading on people's rights like so many ants.WHO started this mess?

3 hours ago, Dice Man said:

There is no alternatives for these all these people ...do they stay and starve starve in BKK or go home ?? You tell me??

Go home to Issan , along with their baggage/virus.

You tell me ??. 

11 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

This government is comparable to that of France or Italy.
Instead of confining Bangkok by prohibiting all types of transport to the outside of the megalopolis; they turn on the tap ???? so that all of Thailand will be infected.

Great art! :crazy:

no work no money who will feed them,

not the goverment they ordered new tanks and airplanes

only the family wich they have been feeding for years

will take care of them

sick or not sick

here in the city of chiang mai, police control everywhere 

but only for trafic violations for 500 and 1000 bht

be quick tomorrow all tourists are gone no more shake down

Edited by wazzupnow

18 hours ago, BestB said:

Great planning by the big heads. So massive outbreak is to be expected in the provinces. Then once BKK is contained all to return to bring back the virus.

Really really well planned and executed by the experts running the show .

if anything , Anutin should be nominated for Nobel awards 

Bill Gates predicted that most deaths will occur in South East Asia and Sub Sahara Africa. 

8 hours ago, bender92 said:

Most people with the virus will only have symptoms like a cold. No need to panic.

8 hours ago, 7fish said:

tell that to the usa, now 28 states under lockdown with troops on the streets, as I said this is not about a virus

It is this situation ... . This is not in China , This is in Spain , images from yesterday . No country got the capacity if everybody gets sick all in the same time . Thats why all the measures need to be taken . You want a health system which can cope with the sick , even if you got something else then Corona . You need enough people who can still work , in hospitals but also food industry , transport , pharma and so on . Its about spreading the amount of sick people in time . This amount of time is also needed to find medicines / vaccines . Right now they are working on that very very hard , and 1st results are promising , but again you need to make these medicines , and spread them around all the sick .

AD-COMPOSITE-Spain-Coronavirus.jpg?strip

18 hours ago, sezze said:

100% agreed .... unfortunate . This is what makes the tourist industry down the drain in May . The month of April is already done and over , try fix May , but i think they lost the fight before it started .

I suspect the washout from this will last 24 months easily and as for tourism forget it for probably 5 years that's if it ever gets back to the previous numbers. I would like to think the Thai government had a plan but it appears they do not which means the country is going down the herd immunity path which will lead to + half a million dead before the spread is halted, Bear in mind that this is a very large number and will all happen within 12 months. I feel very sorry for the Thai people being led by donkeys during a very contagious pandemic such as corvid 19 ???? (Herd immunity calc = population * 80% infection rate (China) * 1% fatalities (China) Thailand is also in the middle of a drought which will exasperate any future recovery????

Edited by cryo

2 hours ago, cryo said:

I suspect the washout from this will last 24 months easily and as for tourism forget it for probably 5 years that's if it ever gets back to the previous numbers. I would like to think the Thai government had a plan but it appears they do not which means the country is going down the herd immunity path which will lead to + half a million dead before the spread is halted, Bear in mind that this is a very large number and will all happen within 12 months. I feel very sorry for the Thai people being led by donkeys during a very contagious pandemic such as corvid 19 ???? (Herd immunity calc = population * 80% infection rate (China) * 1% fatalities (China) Thailand is also in the middle of a drought which will exasperate any future recovery????

The sooner it is over , the faster the bounce back will be . The world will not be the same after this , travel for sure will be changed for extremely long time . Not all done by governments , but also by the public . The public is gonna choose places closer to home , just because its faster to get home IF the situation happens again . The tourists Thailand want , families ... not a chance they will come back any time soon . For single travellers , this doesn't count as much , so they would be able to come back sooner . However , then the governments will put a break on it . The insurance policies , i do not see them go away any time soon , if ever . Insurance policies , will also be very expensive to get the requirements the government wants . I also think health checks and vaccination passports will be there as a requirement . But lets all not think about that ... 1st finish this , and then we can think about travel again .

2 hours ago, cryo said:

Bear in mind that this is a very large number and will all happen within 12 months. I feel very sorry for the Thai people being led by donkeys during a very contagious pandemic such as corvid 19 ???? (Herd immunity calc = population * 80% infection rate (China) * 1% fatalities (China) Thailand is also in the middle of a drought which will exasperate any future recovery????

Leave the Donkeys out this they are not that stupid

At a time like this, when the entire world is fighting to get rid of an 'unknown' foe, it seems some unique and exclusive class of people are throwing abuse to all and sundry. Donkeys, Herds, Stupid, Foolish are some of the printable words they are using.

Could just ANY one of then suggest a comprehensive plan to rid the world of this menace and show by implementing it in his own country?

If not, please stop the abuse on everyone and stop advertising your own 'attitude' sitting of a fragile balloon.

20 hours ago, sezze said:

It is this situation ... . This is not in China , This is in Spain , images from yesterday . No country got the capacity if everybody gets sick all in the same time . Thats why all the measures need to be taken . You want a health system which can cope with the sick , even if you got something else then Corona . You need enough people who can still work , in hospitals but also food industry , transport , pharma and so on . Its about spreading the amount of sick people in time . This amount of time is also needed to find medicines / vaccines . Right now they are working on that very very hard , and 1st results are promising , but again you need to make these medicines , and spread them around all the sick .

AD-COMPOSITE-Spain-Coronavirus.jpg?strip

This is exactly what the "flatten the curve" and social distancing strategies are trying to avoid, hospitals being overrun. Every single day they wait to lock down Thailand will have a heavy cost: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

1*4kOJv8hmd5VFPcBL1mywsw.png

Mathematics look like meh but when you see the result as in the photo you posted, the graphs suddenly come alive.

• Thanks 1

They knew this would happen. Signed their death warrants. It's public knowledge plus I'm certain they have special communications lines open with communist China. The first thing the Chinese did was lockdown cities.

Anti poverty campaign ;-/

22 hours ago, simtemple said:

Bill Gates predicted that most deaths will occur in South East Asia and Sub Sahara Africa. 

The virus like many other health crisis will hit hardest in countries where poverty, poor education, poor public health systems exist. The most vulnerable will suffer the most, ☹️