masks required for immigration

soalbundy

Does anybody know if it is a requirement that you wear a face mask when visiting IO ?  I am in Isan and will visit to do my 90 day report in a few weeks, normaly here they are pretty relaxed but I don't want to be refused service when I turn up just because they may think it's a lack of respect or whatever.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I asked at two places, they have none in stock.

You can make your own.

Just sayin.

Even cloth with rubber bands attached probably will get you less dirty looks or told to leave.

Or, cut up and old Tshirt and wrap it around your head and face.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

I was at Khon Kaen Thursday afternoon last. There was no "requirement". One or two customers didn't have a mask. All IO and workers did. Most clients did. If you have one or can find one use it. The right thing to do.  Of course things change daily so perhaps some offices may require.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

might be different next week but I don't want one really unless I'm going to get frowned on. If you walked around wearing one in my village you'd get laughed at.

Different in our village, every cat, dog and mouse has got one, what next, the local buffalo ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I asked at two places, they have none in stock.

I am sure the overpriced designer ones from George Clooneys sister in law would be availble via internet shopping. You could start a whole trend.

I am surprised that no enterprising person has begun production of masks in Thailand

Perhaps a walk into your local hospital may find at least one

????

21 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

might be different next week but I don't want one really unless I'm going to get frowned on. If you walked around wearing one in my village you'd get laughed at.

You might be the only one in your village who survives !! They won't be laughing then will they ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am sure the overpriced designer ones from George Clooneys sister in law would be availble via internet shopping. You could start a whole trend.

I am surprised that no enterprising person has begun production of masks in Thailand

Perhaps a walk into your local hospital may find at least one

????

I know person you do make them according to design wanted .... they are certainly not FFP2 but the kind most Thais wear , it it does stop a littlebit of the spread . People in Isaan are stiching are fast as they can and as fast as they get in the money to buy new fabric .

There is a possibility to find masks. that said, you might have to drive around to find them. Construction companies usually have, and their masks are better than nothing.

Your question is strange. By now it´s a duty for all person with any amount of human intelligence to wear a mask as soon as they leave home.

REQUIREMENT????? Really!!!!!???? Yes, for your own and others safety. If you still missed that!

Edited by Matzzon

Fortunately I bought a bunch masks last year due to the Bangkok pollution levels Dec-Feb.  N95 and surgical-type masks.   But for the last few weeks here in Bangkok it's close to impossible to buy a mask in a store or even online....and if buying online it really meant it may take weeks or more to arrive (if it arrived).  Most people are getting masks from a few govt hand-outs or when a good Samaritan neighbor somehow comes up with a bunch of masks and/or hand sanitizer for free handout....that's happened twice in my moobaan over the last week.  

Heck, on Lazada around mid last week when you did a search for "masks" or similar wording there was a ton of sellers with masks for sale....but starting late last week a search does not return any sellers because I guess due to the extreme online price gouging and fraudulent sales going on that Lazada just shut online sale of masks for now.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I think i've been there once, it's called Nakhon Cuckoo right?

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I would assume you'd only put it on when needed. It's probably not necessary when walking outside where there are few people. 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

It so happen that i have some old undies laying about made out good strong cotton so i saw nothing wrong in using them again but for a different purposes this time...

Yes and the advantage is that they're colour coded...yellow in front brown in back

• Haha 2