masks required for immigration

soalbundy

42 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

Why risk going into the immigration office when you do the 90 day report online. I just did it and it was easy.

because I live 15 minutes away from IO and I've read lots of posts where people have had trouble with online reporting so why bother.

• Like 1

went to immigration the other day, there were scores of people standing around a waiting area, and I saw a group of Americans sharing a pizza. They even left the box open, left, returned later and considered eating it despite the person hacking up a lung nearby. Very few foreigners are wearing a mask, thanks to CDC propaganda, and I felt at a high risk doing the extension.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

You might be the only one in your village who survives !! They won't be laughing then will they ????????

Nobody coughing in my village. The pu yai tells us over the loud speaker to wear a mask if we go to Big C or Tesco's at the market town though. I noticed in Tesco's only about 30% wear one as do the staff but usually it's dropped below the chin, too hot maybe, main thing is you have the mask. At the moment nobody in the town has been reported as having covid-19, seems to be a safe area.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Nobody coughing in my village. The pu yai tells us over the loud speaker to wear a mask if we go to Big C or Tesco's at the market town though. I noticed in Tesco's only about 30% wear one as do the staff but usually it's dropped below the chin, too hot maybe, main thing is you have the mask. At the moment nobody in the town has been reported as having covid-19, seems to be a safe area.

Let us know in a week if it's safe... Up until recently, only 50 plus cases and 1 death !! The figures are coming up now

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Let us know in a week if it's safe... Up until recently, only 50 plus cases and 1 death !! The figures are coming up now

Well according to some experts 70% of the world's population will eventually get it and a cure is about 1 year away so bring it on and let's get it over and done with.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Why risk going into the immigration office when you do the 90 day report online. I just did it and it was easy.

If you entered Thailand before Jan 2013 and haven't left Thailand since, OR renewed your passport after last entering Thailand you can't do online 90 day reporting as you will not be the online 90 day reporting system....you'll get an error when trying to do it online.   For me I fit both of the categories of not being able to do online reporting as I haven't left Thailand since 2008 and also renewed my passport after entering in 2008.  Must either report in person or by mail.  I've been going the mail route for about 3 years now here in Bangkok....works fine....but at some immigration offices apparently they don't allow 90 day reporting by mail....it's either in person or online but as mentioned above some of us can't use the online method.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

That's if you can find one....9 out of 10 pharmacies have none in stock

There are plenty in Bangkok, more than before COV-19 from B10 upwards and some at B20 to B40. In Tesco Pharmacy in Seacon Square a reusable mask is B99 in a posh packet.

Edited by Estrada

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

There are plenty in Bangkok, more than before COV-19 from B10 upwards and some at B20 to B40. In Tesco Pharmacy in Seacon Square a reusable mask is B99 in a posh packet.

No there is "not" plenty in Bangkok....I live in western Bangkok and none are available in the 3 to 4 pharmacies I've visited.  And my Thai neighbors have had no better luck.   And a lot of this cloth masks...designer masks might look and feel sexy but they can't stop virus size particles.

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

It is about ime you got laughed at.

This is no longer funny, get it into your heads 

Take EVERY precaution that you can even if Joe Blogs tells you masks are worthless

Yeah sure. Never mind that the way people actually use the masks actually Increases the risk of infection. 

I'm going to Kap Choeng next week for my 90 days. We don't have masks - basically pointless if you're fit and our (fitful & unenthusiastic) inquiries here in Prasat haven't found any.

So I plan to send b/f in with my p/p and I'll hang around outside the windows grinning & waiing ...

7, Watsons, Boots, etc. are all totally out of stock on masks at every one I went to. But it seems like every other street vendor and 20 baht store trying to cash in on the scare has piles of them, at least here in Chiang Rai. Big C also still had better quality N95 masks in stock last time I was there. They can be found.

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Different in our village, every cat, dog and mouse has got one, what next, the local buffalo ?

This is a very selfish behavior.

Mask should only be worn if you're sick

These masks are in short supply

Too bad they cant enforce this (strange) safety behavior to wearing helmets while riding motorbikes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Too bad they cant enforce this (strange) safety behavior to wearing helmets while riding motorbikes.

You can't help stupid, just ask Anutin, no background in Medicine but is the Health Minister for Thailand, did I say stupid, perhaps an understatement, it's the dirty farangs who are spreading this virus by not wearing masks, he would like all of those who do not comply to leave....lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

i like your thinking; wear a mask that the WHO recognises does very little, if anything, to prevent infection, or wear a helmet that will potentially save your life. difficult one...

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

i like your thinking; wear a mask that the WHO recognises does very little, if anything, to prevent infection, or wear a helmet that will potentially save your life. difficult one...

Yeah I probably worded it wrong, that and my fat fingers on this small telephone. 

99% of the members would have got the gist. 

It's always a good idea to think outside the box for those 1 percenters out there. 

On 3/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, soalbundy said:

I asked at two places, they have none in stock.

You asked at two places? Really,that many? Outside my condo on the street to the left and the to the right there are 6 pharmacies,and that's within 150 meters. I have maybe 100 pharmacies within 2,5 km. You must stay in a very small place if there's only two pharmacies in the neighborhood. 

13 minutes ago, joskeshake said:

yes you need to wear mask, but for photo when goes for extension visa, you must take of mask, logical ?

It depends on which immigration office you belong to if you need to wear a mask or not. 

On 3/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, soalbundy said:

I asked at two places, they have none in stock.

Cut two holes in a rice sack and use that! Out Big C was selling them for the past week at certain times 10 baht for a pack of 4, you had to line up with no social distancing and for some reason give them a ticket they gave out

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

Yeah I probably worded it wrong, that and my fat fingers on this small telephone. 

99% of the members would have got the gist. 

It's always a good idea to think outside the box for those 1 percenters out there. 

Wear a mask on the motorbike not a helmet, supposed to be safer .

23 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Then find the 10th one 

I read a post from a guy who said that every pharmacy had ran out of masks in Pattaya/Jomtien. There are hundreds of pharmacies in Pattaya/Jomtien,and I doubt he went to all of them. He did what so many do here, he assumed.