Returns to the provinces

mrloy99

The rates of possible detection are bound to go up.. Purely from the fact that more people are travelling and hence more people will be getting the temperature test at the bus/train/station/airports.Not necessarily a bad thing? 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, justin case said:

well, we will see in a few weeks, if old people in thailand are saved by the heat theory of the PM a few weeks ago...

All Corona viruses die at temperatures above 56c and do not commute well in humid conditions but poor Thai people live cheek by jowl so the virus will spread. Intensive care facilities are just not available in rural communities so the death rate will be high for older people and others with underlying health issues. 80% of people get ill and recover, 10% will recover with basic hospital care but 10% will require intensive care and respirators so if these are not available then the death rate will be around 10% compared to the world average of 3%.. So keep washing your hands and wear a mask. The mask helps stops people spreading the virus if they don't know they're infected and it also stops you touching your mouth. This basic information was gleaned by the Chinese so ignore well meaning advice by health experts as the Chinese have hands on practical knowledge.

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

First they postpone Songkran public holidays.

And now they trigger the stampede three weeks early.

I have seen pictures from the big bus stations.

Crowds densely packed and sure the same in the buses.

Here in the village it looks to me like I see more people and some unknown faces.

Doesn't make me feel safer.

Yes a notable up tick in returnees to my village and surrounding ones this last week.

Bangkok registered cars and even Tuk Tuks everywhere and some previously unseen faces.

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

You really think they care about the village people ?

Of course they do. They want them to go home, so there won't be food riots in Bangkok. Then they would have to put down insurrections. They have respect for human life.

• Like 1

Apparently a guy returned from BKK to his village -100km south of CM and just down the road from my wife's family village.

Turns out he did bring 'it' home to the wife...and who else?...Now my wife's village is expecting to be in lock-down soon.