“Team Thailand”: Elite medical squad at war with Covid-19

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

Is this social distancing? It looks more like an attempt to get sick and take time out from tackling the problem ...

Never fear...this is not a problem. The General's magical anti-virus amulet has extraordinary powers and provides 100% guaranteed immunity for not only himself...but everyone in his immediate presence. The elite team is perfectly safe and everything is... completely under control.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

The medical guys might be legit, but there's the usurper filter that will block most of it to save face. The only hope right now would be to completely bypass the "government" by creating a technocratic body of leaders selected from top hospitals, businesses and other private sector executives.

• Like 2

So here we have the persons responsible for letting the genie out of the bottle without thinking about ramifications. (How many herded out of Bangkok in the last week ? )

When driving it is called peripheral vision, which we witness every day,,,,, Thais do not have.

Unfortunately the genie has fattened up & will not fit back in the bottle.

Buckle up & stay safe in one place. It is going to be the longest ride of our lives

3 hours ago, champers said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The army are out of the picture and a professional politician is heading up a team of experts. What would the critics preferred option be?

I agree. Regardless of personal subjective opinions, they are the ones now charged with the handling this worldwide epidemic's effects in Thailand. And therefore anyone choosing to ride out the storm here in Thailand would best be helping themselves by support them to help us all until this world-wide sh*t-storm passes; as they all do. ✌????

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“This is the best team we have. If it can’t do the job, no one else can,” said Anutin, speaking at a March-21 press conference, flanked by former public health minister Dr Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn and Dr Prasit Watanapa, dean of Mahidol University’s Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital.

Only thing missing is the "colour coordinated polo-shirts"... ohhh and a few bright ideas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

If any one of them already has the virus then they are all toast. Not very responsible behaviour for such an elite team. How the hell would they replace them?

There is a long queue of individuals wanting to be "elite". Never a problem. ????

2 hours ago, ParkerN said:

'Team Thailand'?

Yep, go Team Thailand...

*yawn*

They went already....i want to post a link of the team in Germany living in a hotel but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it...

The team is cycling around there while the germans have to stay inside...

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, Letseng said:

These surgical masks everybody wears don't protect you. Once they are damp (happens quickly), they are porous. 

They're not great to start with, but the only research I've seen on getting damp has them lose < 10% efficiency. They were trialing cotton vs surgical masks. Damp cotton increased filtering (from already low levels), damp surgical masks had slightly reduced filtering.