British Embassy starts issuing support letter for visa extensions

webfact

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Since this only went 'live' today, I doubt that today's rejections are due to the British Embassy email/letter being denied.

There's so many 'downloaded forms' going around, who knows what one they fronted up with?

There have been numerous reports of people with the form in PDF being denied and the original is required

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Why don't they just issue a blanket statement that covers all UK citizens instead of this nonsense - write one letter to the Thai head of Immigration stating that UK citizens cannot travel home - no need for any of this stupidity

The US embassy did that for US nationals but immigration would have none of it, insisted on personalised letter with the applicant's name on it.

• Like 1

Will the Australian Embassy follow this example?

Ideally, the best and safest procedure would be - for all foreign nationals in Thailand to email a scanned copy of the two relevant passport pages (the personal identity and Thai entry visa pages) and documentary evidence of their address in Thailand to their embassy in Bangkok, and the Embassy email back a copy of the required letter.

And then, and this is really going out of an limb, the foreign national could email these documents to their local Immigration office, and receive back a written visa extension via email.

Efficient, simple, safe - I know, I am dreaming TIT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Will the Australian Embassy follow this example?

Ideally, the best and safest procedure would be - for all foreign nationals in Thailand to email a scanned copy of the two relevant passport pages (the personal identity and Thai entry visa pages) and documentary evidence of their address in Thailand to their embassy in Bangkok, and the Embassy email back a copy of the required letter.

And then, and this is really going out of an limb, the foreign national could email these documents to their local Immigration office, and receive back a written visa extension via email.

Efficient, simple, safe - I know, I am dreaming TIT.

If only

16 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

are these support letters free or what?? Everyone else is milking us dry So why not the embassy? 

Plenty more garden parties to pay for once corona is done with. 

Well considering the Embassy and Ambassador’s residence have sadly been knocked down and they are now located in a high rise - tricky to hold garden parties. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Maestro said:

The US embassy did that for US nationals but immigration would have none of it, insisted on personalised letter with the applicant's name on it.

Indeed, I was in a crowded Immigration Office on Monday where a lot of very worried people were being given a hard time by Immigration Officers who were demanding original documents that simply weren't available to many of them. 

When they pleaded for help and compassion they were summarilly waved away, I was far from impressed with their attitudes.