All train passengers must wear masks

snoop1130

All train passengers must wear masks

By THE NATION

800_de92555879b12e4.jpg

All train passengers including those using the Skytrain will be required to wear masks before entering stations and during onboard travel from tomorrow (March 25) as part of the government’s efforts to tackle the escalating Covid-19 crisis.

Department of Rail Transport director-general Sorapong Paitoonphong signed off on his order today that all operators have to inform their passengers accordingly.

The services cover State Railways of Thailand trains and the Airport Rail Link, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) electric trains, BTS Skytrains and Bangkok Expressway and Metro Public Company Limited (BEM) trains.

The operators will also have to prepare masks for sale at reasonable prices to passengers who do not have them. They are also required to increase the number of screening spots at their stations.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384760

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-24

The big question here is whether they restrict inter-provincial transport or not as looks like they are trying not to be too severe because of the the massive problems that come along with that (but may end up with no choice). Not saying they won't, but this is the big issue as it'll devastate so much so fast. They may impose a curfew from say 10 in the evening to 6 in the morning but totally closing inter-provincial travel will be a huge move as your income source for your average Thai will take a huge hit and who knows what the public will do when faced with being asked to stay home and do nothing plus earning no money ... and there seems to be little blanket help all round for the poor on the horizon. If they do, then the government might have to dig deep into their reserves.

Will be interesting to see what they say on Thursday and see how far they go.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brigand said:

The big question here is whether they restrict inter-provincial transport or not as looks like they are trying not to be too severe because of the the massive problems that come along with that (but may end up with no choice). Not saying they won't, but this is the big issue as it'll devastate so much so fast. They may impose a curfew from say 10 in the evening to 6 in the morning but totally closing inter-provincial travel will be a huge move as your income source for your average Thai will take a huge hit and who knows what the public will do when faced with being asked to stay home and do nothing plus earning no money ... and there seems to be little blanket help all round for the poor on the horizon. If they do, then the government might have to dig deep into their reserves.

Just close absolutely every thing and people can stay in their rooms for the next year.... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The operators will also have to prepare masks for sale at reasonable prices to passengers who do not have them. They are also required to increase the number of screening spots at their stations.

Now people will take the train just to get masks at a reasonable price!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

What I am planning to do is to just lead a normal life and not take any overboard precautions .......

Agree with your statement living here in the boonies.  Not overboard being stay in the village, follow recommended precautions, only go out to get food/pharmacy. Wear a mask going out, know the news on masks but if it makes others more at ease,  I would be devastated if I brought back sickness to my village. Lots of elderly people here which most are family.  As I don't live in a city environment it would be hard to say if I could lead a normal life without overboard precautions.  

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Unintended consequences. People have trouble finding masks and/or they can't afford them. So they'll reuse dirty ones, day after day. Excellent way to give yourself the virus.

dont you  think many already do this everyday, i doubt  most of those  masks are disposed of daily and from what I read they dispose of them way more often than that in hospitals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

virus  picked  up  thru  physical  contact  in  most  cases, wear a  mask touch your face and game over, you then have it  on your hands and hold a rail on the bts game over for anyone else touching it, sardines on the BTS....instead of wasting time with this  rubbish the BTS  should be CLOSED  DOWN it  will be a major spreader.................but BTS wont want to lose any money now  will  it

Logic doesn't seen to play a part in a lot of the decisions at the moment, if ever.  Maybe some of the shareholders have the ear of the government???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

virus  picked  up  thru  physical  contact  in  most  cases, wear a  mask touch your face and game over, you then have it  on your hands and hold a rail on the bts game over for anyone else touching it, sardines on the BTS....instead of wasting time with this  rubbish the BTS  should be CLOSED  DOWN it  will be a major spreader.................but BTS  wont want to lose any money now  will  it

It's not busy at all on the BTS and 90% were already wearing masks,it focuses the mind.

10 hours ago, Brigand said:

If they do, then the government might have to dig deep into their reserves.

They will do nothing ... Unfortunately and as usual.
And if they really decide to stop the inter-regional coach lines, it will remain a dead letter.
We will already have to know from what time to what time this curfew will take place; generally it is not during the day but at nightfall until daybreak;
so from around 6 pm until 6 am the next day.
It will be enough to stand at the edge of a busy road to check if the line coaches continue to run; and I'm afraid they'll do it.
Except to put the army in the bus stations to prevent the drivers of coaches from going on board, I do not see how they will do

• Like 1

Over the last 50+ years I had the flu and many other "viruses" and never even thought about it.

Maybe because it was not all over the media ???

Like these 25,000 people starving every day ? 
So ... with 19,000 deaths from corona in total over 3 month that's equal to a "normal" day of starvation.

I wonder why everybody cares about it so much ? Social engineering ???

Just as a perspective:

In EVERY average month there are 750,000 people [mostly children] starving to death ! EVERY month !!!

That's 9,000,000 EVERY year !!! ... nobody ever gets even worried about it.

... this is a Social Experiment !!! 

If I have a choice between these Government measures and living in permanent fear or the virus,

I take the VIRUS each and every time !!! Because I can't fight insanity but I can fight a virus !!!

I have the best defense system in the Universe - it's called the human immune system !

... what this hysteria does is making the human body a threat to humanity - that's INSANITY !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

All bus and train passengers should wear N95 respirators

No. They are needed for health professionals.

Since nobody can realistically claim to being NOT infected, the basic tri-fold face mask is adequate to prevent their EXHALATIONS from excessively spreading.

13 hours ago, CHdiver said:

They do, you are brainwashed by western government. There they have the problem to have no spare masks. Imagin the panic from the people if government would tell, yes, masks will help to contain the virus. 

Now, they can not tell the people the truth, so they tell something like: well, it does just help if you are infected, because then you will spread the virus less. When you are infected, you will stay home anyway. So don't worry. 

It is a moot point.  However, there is masses of research, studies completed, and evidence that the surgical mask is of no use.  On the contrary, it can be a medium for actually spreading the virus.

There is no evidence that wearing a surgical mask is of any benefit.

The response from the 'mask wearing brigade' is "Just because there's no evidence doesn't mean you should not wear one."

Seriously, I heard that during an interview with a Thai government official.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brain150 said:

Over the last 50+ years I had the flu and many other "viruses" and never even thought about it.

Maybe because it was not all over the media ???

Like these 25,000 people starving every day ? 
So ... with 19,000 deaths from corona in total over 3 month that's equal to a "normal" day of starvation.

I wonder why everybody cares about it so much ? Social engineering ???

Just as a perspective:

In EVERY average month there are 750,000 people [mostly children] starving to death ! EVERY month !!!

That's 9,000,000 EVERY year !!! ... nobody ever gets even worried about it.

... this is a Social Experiment !!! 

If I have a choice between these Government measures and living in permanent fear or the virus,

I take the VIRUS each and every time !!! Because I can't fight insanity but I can fight a virus !!!

I have the best defense system in the Universe - it's called the human immune system !

... what this hysteria does is making the human body a threat to humanity - that's INSANITY !!!

how dare you to hurt people with facts :))

this is just a test, it seems fear still works great to control masses , nothing is changed, so I even not surprised of how it is played out, but good to know there is some sane people left

Edited by Terek