Army raids 2 Thai nightclubs flouting Pattaya bar closure order

Rimmer

10 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I thought that they had only announced that they were going to make an announcement?

My Mrs seems to think curfew is to be imposed on major cities starting tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I thought that they had only announced that they were going to make an announcement?

?

Announcement was yesterday 14:00 hours.

State of emergency starts tomorrow 26th (assume at midnight).

This has nothing to do with the curfew. It is the blatant disregard of the bars closure laws that were introduced the other day of which there have already been 3 female bar owners arrested and charged but these 2 bars continued to operate. The OP said that 2 nightclubs were raided but the story only goes on about 1 of them, what has happened to the other 1? With the publicity who in their right mind would open a bar at this time.

This must be fake news because there is no farangs in sight unless they are getting serious about keeping all the bars closed.

Edited by Russell17au

7 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

State of Emergency has been declared and comes into force from midnight.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prayut-i-am-in-charge-of-this-mission/

Yes, but right now, there's absolutely no additional information about what exactly they plan to do with the SoE, and starting when, now that they've formally declared the PM has absolute SoE power over the world....

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Rimmer said:

At Soi Bongkot 8 club, which operates a shrimp pond on the ground floor but a nightclub upstairs, authorities arrested the manager and charged him with not only violating the provincial shutdown order, but serving alcohol without a license and operating a nightclub without a license. The business likely faces a five-year closure order.

Now that takes the Darwin of the month award hands down!!

When you have stupid irresponsible club owners & idiot people who just will not obey orders 

of a Government Decree they need Section 44 to be back in.

They are lucky ,,,,in China they possibly would have been shot.

If this kind of thing continues we could be in for 6 months pain

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, but right now, there's absolutely no additional information about what exactly they plan to do with the SoE, and starting when, now that they've formally declared the PM has absolute SoE power over the world....

My comment above now superceded by the subequent announcement that Thailand will be closing all its borders to all foreigner arrivals starting Thursday 26th -- except for diplomats, airline crews and "possibly" those with valid work permits.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand will be closing all its borders to all foreigner arrivals starting Thursday 26th

I suppose you may as well create the appearance of taking harsh measures, AFTER no one is coming to Thailand anyway.   ????

They put wealth before health here for an unsatisfactory period of time, only NOW do they want to look like they are doing something. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I suppose you may as well create the appearance of taking harsh measures, AFTER no one is coming to Thailand anyway.   ????

They put wealth before health here for an unsatisfactory period of time, only NOW do they want to look like they are doing something. 

We might THINK no one much is coming these days, and that's probably true especially now. But the recent spate of cases involving foreigners who arrived here in recent days/weeks and are now finding themselves stranded and unable to get home is one indicator at least that some have kept coming, despite all evidence suggesting it wasn't going to end well....

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

We might THINK no one much is coming these days, and that's probably true especially now. But the recent spate of cases involving foreigners who arrived here in recent days/weeks and are now finding themselves stranded and unable to get home is one indicator at least that some have kept coming, despite all evidence suggesting it wasn't going to end well....

My point is, NO ONE should have been allowed to come, weeks ago.  Yes, I know, rocket science.

They put wealth before health, and now many will lose both here. 

• Like 1

virtually all thai's i see wear masks. still the majority on bkk backstreets on motorbikes with NO helmets but have masks. 

death rate for head trauma without helmet is quite high compared with corona virus maybe 5%

no critical thinking.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

When you have stupid irresponsible club owners & idiot people who just will not obey orders 

of a Government Decree they need Section 44 to be back in.

They are lucky ,,,,in China they possibly would have been shot.

If this kind of thing continues we could be in for 6 months pain

No, they would not be shot in China. They simply would not do it.

13 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Both were full of young Thais drinking alcohol and seemingly unconcerned about calls for social distancing

that's strange.  why the discrepancy in the headlines?  could it be the filthiness factor?

Army raids 2 Thai nightclubs flouting Pattaya bar closure order

vs. last week's

Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154524-pattaya-dozens-of-foreigners-flouting-virus-regulations-getting-drunk-in-a-bar-owners-arrested/?tab=comments#comment-15181735

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

These idiots are selfish and don't realize how dangerous this Coronavirus is.  They may not get sick from it but they test positive, become a carrier and infect others that have an underlying medical condition or have a compromised immune system.  

Young, Dumb and full of....

Have a good look at the  people in the photos. Where do you think they work? I think a few of them are in the  "entertainment trade". uneducated, poor and people who learnt much of their  moral code from the customers who they interact with. They  manage Covid19 just as they manage their exposures to HIV, hepatitis, syphilis etc.