Can I avoid unwillingly spreading Corona by acquiring immunity?

yuyiinthesky

But if you beat the virus, what happens when you encounter it a second time?

The immune system reacts, and reacts  again during the next infections and then it happens thats why

Old people die more often because of multiple Corona infections over the years. So easy.

18 hours ago, dsf9 said:

Great question.

I wonder the same too.. Once had-it-and-recovered are you at risk of still spreading it via touching something contiminated and then carry it to a new surface to infect someone else? Or is that a 1 hop only thing? 

No one knows for sure if you still can transmit the virus after being infected and recovered. Hopefully not. 

Edited by Max69xl

19 hours ago, Antonymous said:

So far it has been seen that 80% of those who actually get WuFlu have no or very mild symptoms and most of the rest have medium severe flulike symptoms. The overwhelming evidence is that it is the very old with pre-existing health conditions who are most vulnerable and have died.

I don't know if those who have come through after being infected are still contagious, but it makes sense to keep yourself away from old and sick people.

There is insufficient data about acquired immunity for you to risk yourself and others. There is some documented info but very little actual data that it's possible to get reinfected. Stay safe. Stay home. 

If you get infected,knowingly/unknowingly,congratulate yourself at being cured but   ,catch it again it is far more serious.  Few of the high profile candidates having it  now,being treated,will not be around this time next year for sure,as the initial outbreak has not even peaked and appears to be getting more aggressive

"Cases of cured patients getting reinfected have emerged from Hubei and Sichuan provinces and have been documented by Chinese health authorities. To date about 72 such cases have been properly documented according to Chinese authorities.

Chinese physicians sounding the alarm on the coronavirus say the illness could be even deadlier for patients who catch it again.

“It’s highly possible to get infected a second time,” said one doctor.

The physician said that some of the antiviral medications used to treat the virus c

Edited by izod10

I just watched a report from the U.S. in which the well respected doctor said; they are now finding significant lung damage and possible heart damage in patients who have successfully recovered. He didn''t say how severe the patients conditions may have been.  There is lot yet to be known before thinking of infection as a way to gain immunity.

Possibly could even help and take care of others being infected and having complications?

If you really just want to help the sufferers, then you may as well go and work amongst the infected now. 

Then when you eventually catch the virus you can go under care and then test your immunity theory.

But for me, IMO..Deliberately infecting yourself with something that's not yet fully understood by the experts seems a bit nutty to me.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, yuyiinthesky said:

And after that, having acquired some level of immunity, at least for the currently spreading Corona virus, being of no danger anymore to unknowingly and unwillingly spread the virus?

There was a TV interview on March 24 with Prof. Dr. Jan Felix Drexler, virus expert at Charite Berlin, interviewed by Prof. Lech, which basically confirmed that.

I took from a recording of that interview:

• You get immunity for maybe a year, maybe longer.
  • And once 60-70% of the population went through this and acquired such immunity, the spread of the virus will slow to a stop.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

There was a TV interview on March 24 with Prof. Dr. Jan Felix Drexler, virus expert at Charite Berlin, interviewed by Prof. Lech, which basically confirmed that.

I took from a recording of that interview:

• You get immunity for maybe a year, maybe longer.
  • And once 60-70% of the population went through this and acquired such immunity, the spread of the virus will slow to a stop.

Yes exactly but such an outcome is hardly assured at all. Different countries and regions are on different timetables. So it might be fairly clear in one region and spreading rapidly in another with also the risk of dangerous mutations. This is a particularly insidious virus. It is massively contagious but it doesn't kill like Ebola (so most of the hosts are soon dead) so huge numbers are running around with few or no symptoms infecting people at exponential rates.

Opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci (without a doubt the most respected scientist in the U.S. on pandemics) on the question of immunity after infection and recovery. I can summarize here --

-- Not known 100 percent because there haven't been specific studies on this virus

-- However, if this virus acts like EVERY OTHER virus that is known. Dr. Fauci feels confident that such people will indeed have  immunity 

-- To wit, Dr. Fauci would be willing to "bet anything" that such people are protected.

That's as definite as it gets short of specific studies on this virus.

To add, Dr. Fauci did not mention how long the protection would last but I can say based on my reading that would be dependent on how much the virus mutates or doesn't mutate.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Prof. Dr. Stefan Hockertz, Immunotoxicologist at the UniKlinik Hamburg, is confirming immunity for at least 1 year in an interview March 25, 2020.

He actually says you can protect vulnerable persons by having a shield of immune people around them.

He is against lockdowns, but very much for improved hygiene, washing of hands, getting the supermarkets to clean the handles of shopping carts etc.

He sees a huge factor in the Italian death statistics because of a lack of hygiene in the hospitals there. Patients come to a hospital with a broken leg and get infected with an antibiotics resistant pneumonia there. Spain also. The immense pollution of the air in Northern Italy would be another factor. 

New infections would stop once around 60% of the population had been infected.

BBC Last night the scientists said that men seem to have a 2-1 risk of serious complications and death from the virus over women , they dont yet know if its genetic or lifestyle related ,,???

Epedemiologists have been studying the virus mainly in China, korea and Japan but also in Europe and USA so far they have detected 2 current strains of the virus L and S . The S type is the original and is 30% of infections worldwide although that was mostly in Asia . it has bat and snake DNA as main genetic formulation but made the jump to humans in Wuhan.

The L strain is the mutation and is 70% of infections and more dangerous as it has more human DNA they dont know where its made the mutation ?? at the moment ??

Most people in Europe that are tested or under hospital treatment have L strain .its also the strain ravaging USA and soon South America and Africa .

It is NOT known wether one is immune from both variants  if you have had one ,, or if you are immune from further mutations