Bangkok Bank

Is anyone else having log on issues with Bangkok Bank's internet banking?  I am in isolation after returning from Australia and need to transfer money to my Thai Wife for some shopping and also to pay some bills.  I have been trying to log on all day and have also tried contacting the bank by phone, Messenger and email, no luck. My home bank branch is in Satuek.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJS150654 said:

Is anyone else having log on issues with Bangkok Bank's internet banking? 

yes my BB ATM card does not work in ATM's. no cash.

tried four different banks ATM's

many people reporting problems on line and with ATM's and others no problems. seems to be BB specific. 

it was trending on Twitter in Thai this morning.

Edited by NCC1701A

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is another current thread about BBK Bank issues today.

Thanks for the helpful response. I thought I would ask the question rather than search on the off chance something else had been posted.

8 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Fine now, Thursday March 26th, 8:29 AM

working on pc but not mBualuang here,not going out so haven't tried ATM yet, reluctant to try in 7-11 un case retained will try at a branch in due course.In meantime transfers online to K-Bank works fine

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

working on pc but not mBualuang here,not going out so haven't tried ATM yet, reluctant to try in 7-11 un case retained will try at a branch in due course.In meantime transfers online to K-Bank works fine

Your online transfers to K-Bank did you have to take any paperwork into the bank. I send money to my wife when she is up country. I usually pop into K-Bank and send cash but as I am trying to stay home as much as possible I thought I would do it online but it seems I have to go into the bank with some paperork first.    I only opened  my BKB account to receive money from the UK and to pay my Health Insurance (Direct Debit) ,

7 hours ago, roger101 said:

Your online transfers to K-Bank did you have to take any paperwork into the bank. I send money to my wife when she is up country. I usually pop into K-Bank and send cash but as I am trying to stay home as much as possible I thought I would do it online but it seems I have to go into the bank with some paperork first.    I only opened  my BKB account to receive money from the UK and to pay my Health Insurance (Direct Debit) ,

Yes there were I recall 23 signatures to set up online banking, own account savings and joint accounts (after 3 visits ,wit  wife passpoert etc the online vendors still send OTP to my wifes phone). Its not a langage issue theor software update is lax.

I am thinking of doing all my biz with Kasikorn K Bank again better service but higher fees/no easy  parking here, Local BKK Bank was open weekends in the local Mall to 8pm a big plus on rare occasions I needed to go in while wife shopping. If you are not doing $1000s regualr transfers K-Bank is IMHO better than my SCB TMB accounts, wife has Krung Sri but not efficient here IMHO.

Staff are all most helpful  friendly in all local branches and call me at home sometimes to help with issues, online email issues at present with BKK.

I think they have 3 issues all unfortunately at the busy time

1 Software update to BKK Bulaunag mBanking trailed weeks ago so wont work on so called "rooted phones" mine is not but mbanking works on one Android phone not another for reasons I cannot explain.

2 Nationwide electric meter and social welfare mania menas millions who never usually visit , contact branches are doing so.This should subside next month.

3 As others have noted ATMs ok in Thai but not English, software glitch.

4 Im giving them until weekend and end of the month then if not resilved will return to Kasikorn for my main needs. To be fair to BKK I had good cheaper service on many types transactions and they must be overwhelemed maybe staff sicknees, thsee factors maybe amplified for coming months for all banks so if you have the options, cash float , some gold (If you don't have secure safe,shops will store it ) US$ in safe for evacuation contingency and keep overseas cards topped up, renewed and remind them you are "travelling" overseas in case a long dormant card is blocked .

I think many foreigners may withdraw their visa 400-800k if not needed , as I have no plans to leave Thailand permanently its dead money for me as long as the banks dont collapse , in that scenario immigration requirements will be a minor worry the whole economy will go tits up.Some swear by the TMB as I imagine those in uniform will be sure their staff gfs get retainers , others favour SCB for simialr reasons, as tehy asay Lao te KHVN.

After 1997 which I recall local banks have very few foreign currency denominated debts while the virus will bankrupt many esp in tourism I see Thai banks far less risky than Deutsche Bank, Intesa or NAB and I do have detailed knowledge after worked at HSBC Raiffesenkasse and a central Bank

As too old to become a rent boy I may be reduced to peddlin lucky Jatukom Omelettes door to door !

Good luck