Immigration opens new location in Bangkok for tourist visa extensions/90 day reports

2 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Minivans from Mo Chit BTS start their morning runs to Impact Muang Thong Thani at 6AM.  Cost: 35THB
http://www.impact.co.th/userfiles/files/cosmo_public_van_station.jpg

ya, really good social distancing... 18 people crammed into a van designed for 11 or 12 when fully packed.

A Thai van certainly would be my first choice for public transit these days.... NOT!!!!

• Like 2

poorly organised - was at chaengwattana first and when door was opened after brief check of passport was given a map showing indication of which entrance or building to proceed to at impact muangthong thani and was told to take a taxi to there as extensions for 30 days are process at the new location - was a good of money on the first journey to the main office. at the new location we was kept shuffling around ......... all in all very poorly organised and as bangkokpost has an article on 90 days reporting go read that article and go figure and scratch your head as to how this could still possibly happened in the age of super fast internet and apps making everything easier 

2 minutes ago, renz said:

poorly organised - was at chaengwattana first and when door was opened after brief check of passport was given a map showing indication of which entrance or building to proceed to at impact muangthong thani and was told to take a taxi to there as extensions for 30 days are process at the new location - was a good of money on the first journey to the main office. at the new location we was kept shuffling around ......... all in all very poorly organised and as bangkokpost has an article on 90 days reporting go read that article and go figure and scratch your head as to how this could still possibly happened in the age of super fast internet and apps making everything easier 

So which building at IMPACT did it end up being?  The Exhibition Center?  Or ???

Was at Chang Wattana this morning to extend a 30 day entry stamp. I got there at 05.10 and already around 100+ people, well organised into rows. As already reported, we were directed to a new building (details in previous posts) for tourist visa extensions and 90 day reporting. We had to sit outside (at least we had a chair)  and were then given a number and proceeded inside in numerical order to sit inside (social distancing of sorts) It then proceeded as normal, just some difficulties with calling out the numbers, no electronic number queuing. I was in and out in a couple of hours.

Pain in the *** having to take another taxi (100THB) from Chang Wattana, but you could go direct. The experience was not perfect at the new location but was also new for the immigration personnel. Overall i was satisfied. Considering the chaos/safety aspect of what i was hearing about in Chang Wattana yesterday! 

I got 30 day extension on my permission to stay without a letter from the embassy and was back at Ratchathewi at 11am. but i got there very early. ????

Edited by BillStrangeOgre
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What ought to matter is... what's the most convenient location and most accessible via public transit for the largest number of intended customers -- not where you happen to live or what's convenient for YOU!

Precisely.  Nowhere is especially convenient for me, because I live in Nonthaburi but I am not complaining.  Others are, or are too downtown-Bangkok-centric.

Thinking back to the old days, last time Bangkok was shut down, Immigration took over Imperial Mall's top floor and did their thing.

Since "downtown" malls have been shut down, why not set up in one of the top floor convention centers? Use them to experiment with emergency visa extensions and leave Chang Wattana to do what it has been doing for years. My guess is that most of the "stranded tourists" are hunkered down closer to downtown anyway.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

??  MTT  ??

And they aren't criteria anyway, are they ?

Criteria being those I mentioned previously above that Immigration should have used -- good access to public transportation like BTS or MRT, and central for the largest number of clients they expect to serve.

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Anyone care to explain what border runners on Non O marriage do now? 

Im puzzled with the information coming out.

60 day extension, or a 1 year extension, if neither of these suit, then an embassy letter and a 30 day if your lucky.

Alternative location should be somewhere in downtown Bangkok, like the old immigration office on Soi Suan Plu, Sathorn Road (maybe even charge the 300 Baht they used to charge there for an extension 555), to minimize commuting in this era of 'stay at home as much as possible. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Unfortunately there is little public transport so expect to take a taxi unless Immigration offers some form of shuttle.

This.

Had the BIB thought this idea through, then they would have opened a satellite office closer to where the lion's share of foreigners in Bangkok live, viz., Sukhumvit.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 10:03 AM, stephenterry said:

And Phuket and Chiang Mai. CM Imm could revert back to Promenada for a few weeks - it's empty enough there, now. Or do what I do and pay for my visa agent to update my 90 day report - costs 1,500 for 4 times a year. 

BTW - I have my Covid 19 insurance at an annual coverage cost of Bht 850 from Frank.co.th. Covers 100k hospital costs, and 1m death benefit. All expats should consider it, IMO.    

This sounds like the old "to good to be true" scenario, 850 Baht pa.   I think you may have left a zero off your annual costs maybe 8,500 Baht depending on your age, they insure no one over 55, so a good risk factor for them......

On their web site the cheapest pa policy for 21-30 is 5,300 Baht

The Website and About Frank.co.th looks slick and all the right words about being underwritten by world's leading insurance companies. 

DBD Website indicates a registered capital of 133,080,000.00 baht....... company registration was April 1 2016 (April fools day 5555)

Frank Insurance Broker (Thailand) Company Limited -  https://datawarehouse.dbd.go.th/company/profile/5/0105559056161

Within the 3 year of operations, Frank has also won 2 awards from industry leaders naming us the number 1 insurance company online as well as received a 4.9 out of 5 star customer rating on Facebook making us the country's number 1 broker in customer service.

So in summary if yours is 850 Baht I am at a total lost.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 8:52 AM, unamazedloso said:

Anyone care to explain what border runners on Non O marriage do now? 

Im puzzled with the information coming out.

same, were you told to get some stupid letter from your embassy? even though you're married to a Thai national. 

1 hour ago, Mike West said:

same, were you told to get some stupid letter from your embassy? even though you're married to a Thai national. 

Not needed unless you have already applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for your current 90 day entry.

8 minutes ago, Mike West said:

how did that go? and where did you apply? were you required to get a letter from your embassy?

I have the option to travel 1.5h and do it in person or use an agent that say he can do the whole process by mail. I still have over 2 months left on my last entry stamp so I did not take my decision yet. 

Extension of stay based on marriage (1 year) is not the same as the 30 days extension that require the paper from the embassy... 

Edited by Tayaout

23 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

So which building at IMPACT did it end up being?  The Exhibition Center?  Or ???

i think it is part of new building area as i could it is still empty and come construction laying around and it is not connected to main impact building 

The new building of Central Invesitigation Bureau; located at the entrance of Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park; Popular Road, Pakkred, Nonthaburi. The main gate on Popular Road is closed, please use the gate on the pararell road of expressway. Get off the express way exit 2-12; cross the red light and then turn right follow the Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park sign. **** Do not follow google map to the park since it takes exit 2-13. ***  https://www.matichon.co.th/news-monitor/news_2090068?read_meta=%7B%22label%22%3A%22articlepage_number3%22%7D# 

image.png.ccd17ac5f2bebc843ee1390efb1df205.pngimage.png.c62a27433f6d9065ef1b97a9d3c87e5f.png

• Thanks 1