Immigration opens new location in Bangkok for tourist visa extensions/90 day reports

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

As if they care about PR.

Someone posted yesterday that they were at immigration at 6:30am with about 700 people in front of them.

If all paying 1,900B fee that's 1,330,000B.  Why would they give that up?

money money money is what Thailand is all about....they need to, possibly buy some more SUBS !!

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

And Phuket and Chiang Mai. CM Imm could revert back to Promenada for a few weeks - it's empty enough there, now

CM immigration reopened their office at Promenada as a second office for tourist extensions and 90 day reports just at the beginning of this month, i got my last extension there. But now with Corona they closed it again and everybody has to go to the office near the airport.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

f all paying 1,900B fee that's 1,330,000B.  Why would they give that up?

wouldnt even buy the top of the range Merc, dont think its the money more about controlling the great unwashed farangs sadly.

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

CM immigration reopened their office at Promenada as a second office for tourist extensions and 90 day reports just at the beginning of this month, i got my last extension there. But now with Corona they closed it again and everybody has to go to the office near the airport.

Beggars belief, doesn't it? What is the rationale for crowding all at the airport office? 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Instruction and address to do it is here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

You may to wait awhile for the page to open. Site is very slow today (perhaps overloaded from so many people trying to get on it).

Thanks, but it's to be sent  to our local  immigration, not Chaengwantana, I suppose ... 

the page opens  in my own language, but translation is so bad that I prefer to have it in English ????

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Why  not have all 90 reports done by mail all over the country.  Make it mandatory for all.  Why don't you people think and help control the virus.  I will not go to immigrations to do my 90 day report.  I don't give a damn with anyone thinks.

Nobody cares if you go or not

3 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Unfortunately there is little public transport so expect to take a taxi unless Immigration offers some form of shuttle.

Leave it to good ole' Immigration... They tried their best to find a place as far away from public transit as possible, and as remote from central BKK as they could possibly get... They succeeded!!!!

Obviously, it would have been too much for them to have opened a new location in central BKK that's convenient to either BTS or MRT!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Leave it to good ole' Immigration... They tried their best to find a place as far away from public transit as possible, and as remote from central BKK as they could possibly get... They succeeded!!!!

They just tried to find a place as convenient as possible for their immgration officers, and didn't care about foreigners.

Most people who work at CW will live somewhere in the area, so the new location is still easy to reach for them.

Especially under the current circumstances it would of course have been the way better choice to let 20 IOs commute instead of 5,000 foreigners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

As if they care about PR.

Someone posted yesterday that they were at immigration at 6:30am with about 700 people in front of them.

If all paying 1,900B fee that's 1,330,000B.  Why would they give that up?

If there is only 1 superspreader among the applicants it will be VERY bad for the future of thai tourism...

If only 2000 less tourists come in the coming years it will cost them 2000x2000 euro a tourist = 4 million euro.....Have fun with the 1,3 million BAHT.....4 million euro = 4x35=140 million baht! That's 100 times more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sapson said:

So incredibly anal about immigration, just make a police order under current circumstances everyone has an automatic 90 day extension on their permission to stay date in their passport and 90 day tm 30 nonsense also on hold for three months .....easy!!

No need to visit immigration at all for anyone, pressure off for immigration staff,huge relief for the stranded worried westerners................and the risk of spreading the virus is negated a little stopping hoards of travelling farangs and masses in the offices.

Publicly a great bit of PR for wing and a Prayut... it..would be seen as a sensible tolerant considerate policy.!!

Guess this is rather alien for Thailand.

I said exactly this in another thread. I'm certain 200 others have come to same conclusion.

It's so absolutely assinine. People will literally die I've this stupid policy.

Tourists almost deserve it anyone staying on in these conditions.

I just do mine online but I'm not a tourist.

Didn't Prayut say we were in good hands?

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I was at Chaeng Wattana 05:15am this morning. About 120 people in line at that time. By 06:00am about 200 waiting. Immigration officer anounced that TM30, 90 day reports and Tourist Extensions had moved to Muang Thong Thani and was handing out maps and directing people to get a taxi or motorbike taxi. This thinned out the queue by about 20% immediately. 

So they're not giving people the option of which facility to use?  They're requiring all TM30, 90 Day Reports and tourist visa extensions to go to the new location?

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Absolutely stupid to put another location even further to get to than CW. They should be putting locations closer to the Silom area where people actually live and can get to easily. Not somewhere in whoop whoop in the middle of nowhere.

Er, not everyone lives near Silom.  It's called *Greater Bangkok* for a reason.  

Some of us refer to be away from the smog and bustle, yet close enough to go if we need to.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in downtown Sh!thole-on-the-River.

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Sad 2

Just now, Mister Fixit said:

You can't get an extension to a non-existent visa.  Duh.  ???? ????

You can't get an extension of a Visa full stop actually.

You extend a Permit of Stay / previous extension, 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So they're not giving people the option of which facility to use?  They're requiring all TM30, 90 Day Reports and tourist visa extensions to go to the new location?

yes --- go there so CW is reserved for the serious big hitter 'Non O' players among us ???? ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toolpush said:

How about that huge empty train station at Makassan? Perfect location.

Indeed, and already owned by the government, and at the intersection of the MRT and ARL lines.

But obviously, that would be sensible, so they're not likely to do it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Er, not everyone lives near Silom.  It's called *Greater Bangkok* for a reason.  

Some of us refer to be away from the smog and bustle, yet close enough to go if we need to.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in downtown Sh!thole-on-the-River.

What ought to matter is... what's the most convenient location and most accessible via public transit for the largest number of intended customers -- not where you happen to live or what's convenient for YOU!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Does anyone know if this new building already has a catchy name that can be used to search for it with the Grab app? That would be useful to avoid misunderstandings.

Nerve Centre? 

No, seriously though, you're right, we need something that can be remembered, something that'll go viral... 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Absolutely stupid to put another location even further to get to than CW.

What's also interesting is that we've always been told that we can only conduct our Immigration business at the office in the province where we reside, and yet this new office for Bangkok residents is in Nonthaburi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Does anyone know if this new building already has a catchy name that can be used to search for it with the Grab app? That would be useful to avoid misunderstandings.

If the location in the OP is right, the closest location which probably even taxis know and which should show up in the grab app is the "Ibis Bangkok Impact" hotel. Looks like a 200m walk from there to the new temporary immigration office.

• Thanks 1