Video: Thai professor comes up with a cheap "UV light" to beat the virus

webfact

3 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

No that is still not correct,  not all UV lighting is the same.

There are 3 types of UV lighting. 

UVA in the spectrum of 3-400 not germ busting, i.e girls use this to harden nailpolish gel.

UVB also not considered germ busting and cancerous i.e sun.  this is why leaving items that have been in contact with virus in the sun is not killing germs

UVC in the spectrum of 250nm. safe on humans not to get cancer and what is being used in hospitals buses dentals etc.

I just thought you had some updated information about the other UV sources..

UVC.gif

The information was for UVC, but the discussion is about hard surfaces not for use on humans.  OP was about clearing"the house".

Anyway 

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

The information was for UVC, but the discussion is about hard surfaces not for use on humans.  OP was about clearing"the house".

Anyway 

your link says 222nm when they did the test.

and another link here says 254nm

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/medical-robots/autonomous-robots-are-helping-kill-coronavirus-in-hospitals

Im not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to get the right information out there, whilst all this is going on.  Safe health mate!

It would be easy to test this device.

You would just need an infected person. You could strap them to a flat surface, ideally, so that they can not leave and ruin the experiment. You then use a spider clamp to keep their mouth wide open and shine this UV light into their mouth for different time periods.

You simply perform the usual throat swab and do a PCM test that will show if the pris the patient is cured or not.

It could easily be done.

13 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Fresh air and sunshine.  Been helping hominids for a few millions years/

Unfortunately fresh air has been in short supply in Thailand for a few months. Sunshine aplenty, me likey.

Edited by DrTuner

On 3/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, stuandjulie said:

So all of the worlds finest chemists and laboratories are working flat out for a cure and Thailand comes up with the answer, jump on a sunbed ????????

Not sure that would work. UVC is required. You'd get a bad sunburn in about 2 seconds and your DNA will get warped. Given COVID19 needs about 15 secs to kill it by warping its genetic structure you'd come out from the sunbed looking like an extra from The Fly.