How the virus spread - great interactive showing that Thailand was the number 1 destination for outbound Wuhan tourists before they locked it down

tomster

with all due respect to sensationalism in journalism, if the header on this thread were true then WS would be ground zero for Coronavirus in Asia.

20190712_202706.jpg

20190712_202458.jpg

Edited by wombat
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

I had a discussion just this morning with a well educated Thai friend. We both agreed that since the Chinese do those all inclusive type of tours, with only pre-planned visits to specific Chinese owned businesses, that there is limited interaction between the Chinese and the Thais. If you are part of their vertically organized tours, you may be at risk. But those that are not involved have very little, if any, interaction the the Chinese visiting here.

Ok how about the Thais involved with those tours? or the hotels? not 1 case in Pattaya, very strange.

There was a report of a large increase in pneumonia cases of 3,000, but that died a death

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I had a discussion just this morning with a well educated Thai friend. We both agreed that since the Chinese do those all inclusive type of tours, with only pre-planned visits to specific Chinese owned businesses, that there is limited interaction between the Chinese and the Thais. If you are part of their vertically organized tours, you may be at risk. But those that are not involved have very little, if any, interaction the the Chinese visiting here.

How about when the tours end at around 17:00 and they are spreading to entertainment venus etc. etc . 

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Why can’t we identify Patient #1 from Wuhan?  It would be a tremendous help for vaccine scientists and researchers worldwide.  CCP has been largely uncooperative.

It's called patient "ZERO" but ok i know what you mean ????

38 minutes ago, hobz said:

Me and my GF and LOTS of people in Chiang Mai got a nasty flu in december 2019.... was it just a cold-season flu or covid19? who knows...

Also in December 2019 My house hold and relatives were hospitalized being told it was HN1. Me and the seven year old were spared.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

There may yet be a delayed spike from the Wuhan influx! And to think they all had special welcoming immigration lanes at the airport as they came in with the killer virus

How many have died in Thailand from pneumonia the last 2 months? 

I think the interesting part is: There hasn't been to my knowledge (yet) been anything like the scenes we've seen in Italian hospitals

If there was a large outbreak in a Thai city and hospitals could not cope........videos would flood LINE and Facebook

Thailand's healthcare theoretically should be reeling much more thans italy's, spain's etc at this point in time ....But its not! (Due hundreds/thousands) of potential seed spreaders who arrived from Wuhan spread all over Thailand)

Maybe the weather DOES really play apart in reducing the outbreak significantly 

Edited by hydraides
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peterrabbit said:

I think it was here in Pattaya in October.

On 31st October (Halloween) I started to become ill with a headache and sore throat.(No I didn't party on Halloween) The sore throat was really strange in that it was right at the bottom of my throat, below the Adam's Apple, which is the first time I had experienced this and quickly progressed to me virtually losing my voice. It seemed to be coming up from the lungs rather than down from the mouth.

The next day it progressed into a chesty non productive cough, fever, aches/pains and a tight chest and a range of flu type symptoms. I thought it was just the flu/heavy cold and after a week I started to get better, but then without warning, it came back worse than before and put me in bed for 2 days. 

Then I went to the doctors because I thought it might be something serious like Sars or Mers and was also worried incase it would turn into bronchitis. (NB I had a pneumonia vaccination in 2018 so was immune).  The doctor didn't know what it was but prescribed a bag full of medicines and advised me to go to the hospital if it didn't get better. She confirmed that it wasn't bacterial but virol.

All this month (November) the main persistent symptom was a chesty non productive cough and breathlessness, which lasted the full month! 

I never had a runny nose but did have bad headaches, stuffiness, fever, aches and pains, exhaustion, loss of taste, loss of appetite etc etc which would come and go in different combinations and severity throughout the month. The symptoms kept on coming back just when I thought I was getting over it.

I eventually became symptom free at the beginning of December (total of 34 days) which is a hell of a long time to have the flu!

The Mrs and kid were relatively unaffected suffering slight cold like symptoms for a short period.

In October 2019 there was no such thing as Covid-19, but with hindsight, looking back at what I had it could well have been Covid-19. 

Not taking any chances though, in case it wasnt Covid-19, but at the earliest opportunity, when they become widely available, I want to take the antibody test to see if I have in fact had it already.

In the meantime though its "batten down the hatches" time!

How did you catch it? come in contact with Chinese?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

How about when the tours end at around 17:00 and they are spreading to entertainment venus etc. etc . 

and let's not forget the large number of South Korean infections and they love walking street and didn't spread to one girl... hard to believe

11 hours ago, tomster said:

Wonder why there wasn't an outbreak here

I wonder that too. My friends are currently seeing people drop like flies all around them now with bad coughs and breathing difficulties. Probably just hay fever or so the government would have us believe. Epidemic? There's no epidemic here. 

image.png.7922dc349f4721d82291c671bf96456b.png

• Like 1