Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death

rooster59

I think the slowness of the virus here must have something to do with the temperatures of late. I've recorded temperatures of 35 to 40 deg C in my area. We have had so many Chinese tourists here at the start of the epidemic that it must be one of the reasons why it has not spread the same as europe, especially Italy. Another possibility is that all the Chinese tourists are mostly transported in buses everywhere & spend most of their holiday on islands, hence we have no real contact with them.

I think Thailand to date has been extremely lucky. Hopefully, we will all get back to a normal life soon. Meanwhile, I'm self isolating & staying home. I'll only go to the bank (if it's open) once a month & a supermarket for supplies once a week. I'm catching up on all my household chores & DIY too, which without these restrictions I would never get them done! Ha! Stay safe everyone ........... cheers.

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

For the wishful thinkers who believe the low numbers especially of deaths,

good luck, and the Easter bunny will reward you soon.  I do hope that the Italian strain

does not get to Thailand, or things will go south with its arrival.

Be happy that most of you have not lost any friends or relatives to this virus,

but do think of those that have.  My Thai family have already lost a couple, but of

course were told it was pneumonia, and the other was lung cncer.

The face saving is still ridiculous,  it is time that the doctors are allowed

to tell the truth, and test thos ho have died to see if the virus was in

their bodies.

Geezer

Italian strain, dont make me laugh. There is no such thing. 

• Like 1

The numbers of people who are tested is very now and that shows the low rate of infection. Following the epidemiologists in Germany ( i watch closely any news, reports) the infection rate must be much higher. The Government is not publishing the real datas (as it was ever) . I am scared Thailand will fall into a big big long lasting hole but we are not able to follow up as there are no trustful datas available!

So we as foreigners living in Thailand, have imformations from abroad should know what is best way to live a fairly safe life now in Thailand and protect ourself as much as we can!

22 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Prepare for a fall curfew guys. Clearly people have not been taking advice to self isolate.. 

Exactly! A full lock down would teach them a lesson on how to really self isolate and avoid socializing. Also, that should end the madness of the immigration office still operating. People being forced to go to the crowded immigration office should be considered as a human rights violation! It's an absolute disgrace for the country! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

Exactly! A full lock down would teach them a lesson on how to really self isolate and avoid socializing. Also, that should end the madness of the immigration office still operating. People being forced to go to the crowded immigration office should be considered as a human rights violation! It's an absolute disgrace for the country! 

How are other countries dealing with immigrants and tourists?

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Italian strain, dont make me laugh. There is no such thing. 

Nope, Nada, fugetaboutit, neva hapning, ...sleeps with the fishes.....just when i thought i was out they pull me back in...

Image result for Famous Italian Mafia Movie Bosses Sayings,

• Confused 1

If you look at confirmed cases vs hospitalizations, hospitalizations are at about 85% of the confirmed cases. This means testing is not really done until somebody shows up sick at the hospital. Which in turn indicates that the amount of actual cases is much much higher than reported? And I do not understand "7" deaths. That is only about 0.6% of total cases, which in itself seems low compared to other countries. 

3 minutes ago, lampangguy said:

If you look at confirmed cases vs hospitalizations, hospitalizations are at about 85% of the confirmed cases. This means testing is not really done until somebody shows up sick at the hospital. Which in turn indicates that the amount of actual cases is much much higher than reported? And I do not understand "7" deaths. That is only about 0.6% of total cases, which in itself seems low compared to other countries. 

There are many countries that show a low death rate per capita and Thailand's rate of death is 1 per capita

20 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Unfortunately the figures will double every day as will the death numbers. The government have sat on there backsides for months so much so that the health minister declared the virus would blow away in the wind for SONGKRAN.

So much for your prediction that the figures will double every day. As I said in my other reply, the numbers will be in the 100's. Today's number Monday March 30th is 136.

I'm starting to doubt that they are actually testing and just taking money in some cases or the test are not accurate. Last week I had chest stiffness, loss of apatite, wobbly weak legs, felt like a rubber band around my neck, slight fever. I got tested, first test came out "in error" so I had to do again. Second test was negative. I was shocked because I never have symptoms like that ever and i'm healthy.