Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death

rooster59

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Name me one country in the world with a warmer temperature than 23 degrees that is doubling or tripling their cases every day.

The virus thrives in the human body 37Ç the warm country theory is a myth put out by frightened governments that have inefficient or no health systems to deal with the problem. High infection rates in the colder countries is because there are way more international transport hubs to spread the disease. Uk population approx 70mil 29 hubs, Thailand population aprox 70mil 10 hubs.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Strict observance of isolation as part of what qualifies as social distancing does work very effectively.

if you are far enough away from carriers you can’t get infected.

if you don’t believe me take a look at the Korean experience.

The locals around here are pretty good with the social distancing except at mealtime where the strict adherence ends so it's not going to work.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Minimum 10 boxes, each box has 30 tests I see, total coast around $1500 USD, plus shipping if you can use the needed CE which is required to order them.

Yeah. Could always donate the extras to hospitals. That CE cert I understood to be the usual European CE certificate, not something the buyer would need.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I agree that hospitals in Thailand do have more activity than western hospitals, but looking at the available beds, they have an (okish) system for it. Meaning that there should always be an X amount of beds available of ICU, and have a backup hospital available in case of an influx (read: young boys on motorbikes on the weekend night)

When I walk to the hospitals, it seems everyday always takes the whole family to visit a relative who is sick, and they do a full on pick nick on the premises. Haha.

I haven't actually seen the ICU section here but I imagine it would be rather limited and severe cases of anything would be shipped of to bigger hospitals like Ubon,Khon Kaen or Ratchasima but if this virus starts up here they will just be shipped off back home as is the norm for these parts.I'll let you know if there's an increase in local funerals.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah. Could always donate the extras to hospitals. That CE cert I understood to be the usual European CE certificate, not something the buyer would need.

I had to create an account, then tried to order the test kits, it kept hanging up and finally responded that my order could not be processed due to regulations. I believe they would never get through customs unfortunately.......what a cluster....I was trying to purchase them through my company and then as you said was going to donate the remainder to my local hospital BNH since they apparently do not test, they send the individual to one of the hospitals that does....Below is one of the notices I was able to grab on a screen shot.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

• When ordering products for delivery out side of Hong Kong you may be subject to import duties and taxes. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
  • To get your invoice? Please do this: after you checkout, click 'My BlueSoleil', then click the order ID to open the order detail page on which you will see a 'Create Invoice' button, click it to get your invoice.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the airmail services have been affected. But not the incoming private courier services like Fed Ex, et al.  I have a FedEx package that was in transit via China over the weekend and is due to arrive here on Monday/tomorrow.

Cargo flight still fly ..... Fed-Ex have there own fleet as well ...

The absurd security measures that someone invents every day are reaching more than ridiculous levels ... one today ... "Tesco Espress lets no more than 15 people enter at a time ... Patong beach closed for a month ... I just wait for the first nation to shut down the internet ...
They are destroying the world economy, before wars were waged to reach this goal, with the virus they can do more with a lower investment ...

• Like 2

How to control the flow of confirmed COVID cases being reported to the public?

Take this example of a Thai guy who died in the past week....

“Initially, my father went to take a Covid-19 examination because he was in a risk group, but the Department of Disease Control did not allow him, so he came back to undergo self-quarantine at home,” she said.

“Later, my father’s symptoms became more severe, so he went to take a Covid-19 examination and it was positive. He was hospitalised for 10 days before he died.”

So now, after initially being denied a COVID test and being sent home for quarantine, the guy has died and his wife and son and daughter have all tested positive now. 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, cryo said:

The virus thrives in the human body 37Ç the warm country theory is a myth put out by frightened governments that have inefficient or no health systems to deal with the problem. High infection rates in the colder countries is because there are way more international transport hubs to spread the disease. Uk population approx 70mil 29 hubs, Thailand population aprox 70mil 10 hubs.

It is a known fact that coronavirus cases go down to almost zero in summertime. Thailand had 5 times more Chinese tourists than Italy per year, even more than Spain. Still only 1200 cases diagnosed.

Virus being stable, passive but infectious on a surface for longer time in colder temperature without being degraded is not the same as virus multiplying and spreading inside human cells.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Timwin said:

<deleted> is wrong with some of you "They are lying!"-people? It is like you WANT the numbers be worse ???? It is the climate, stupid. It is protecting us from rapid spreading. The climate was the reason anyway most of you conspiracy theorists moved here in the first place...

I believe in the climate theory as well, as it is obvious. However, Thailand has not been testing more than 700 people day, sometimes they test 300 only. That shows that numbers are much lower that they are in reality. It's simple maths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cryo said:

It's the way of transmission it changes with warm weather. No offense but at least read into it a little bit before you comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Minimum 10 boxes, each box has 30 tests I see, total coast around $1500 USD, plus shipping if you can use the needed CE which is required to order them.

That's a lot but just $5 each.

Here is a cheaper source from  Shan Dong Finer Lifting Tools Co., Ltd. Maybe they can provide a crane. Price is $1.2 each for 100-999 pieces. Production Capacity isn't a problem at 90,000 trillion pieces/year.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cryo said:

It's not a myth when other related viruses do behave this way in practice (for reasons we cannot precisely identify). We don't have hard confirmation, but it's not a myth, it's based on real science. Also I didn't realize Iran was a transport hub, you learn something new every day.

There are papers being released already quantifying the effect of temperature and humidity. It's not a huge effect, but it does appear to reduce R0. Almost certainly not enough to diminish the spread without other measures, but it's something.

20 minutes ago, rabas said:

That's a lot but just $5 each.

Here is a cheaper source from  Shan Dong Finer Lifting Tools Co., Ltd. Maybe they can provide a crane. Price is $1.2 each for 100-999 pieces. Production Capacity isn't a problem at 90,000 trillion pieces/year.

It is not the producer Spain bought test kits from recently and they are like 30% accurate?

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I haven't actually seen the ICU section here but I imagine it would be rather limited and severe cases of anything would be shipped of to bigger hospitals like Ubon,Khon Kaen or Ratchasima but if this virus starts up here they will just be shipped off back home as is the norm for these parts.I'll let you know if there's an increase in local funerals.

They should prepare extra icu beds in every hospital, and follow free testing in the 10,000’s every day, try to follow Taiwan or S.Korea, that way they could also have a plan to try and protect the elderly

the problem is, they are doing none of these things, only locking down an economy, and producing numbers every day, that no one believes, 10 weeks in, and you have to try a different path, as herd immunity will happen eventually, even if some don’t believe that way, as a vaccine for this regime is a long way of, unless you can pay fortunes at the private hospitals, when they arrive

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ldarcy said:

It is not the producer Spain bought test kits from recently and they are like 30% accurate?

It does not matter, I tried making orders but it looks like they can not ship to Thailand and a private company, I wonder whose blocking people from buying these kits.  The error messages I keep getting, are "Against Regulations" "Can not be purchased"

• Thanks 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

It does not matter, I tried making orders but it looks like they can not ship to Thailand and a private company, I wonder whose blocking people from buying these kits.  The error messages I keep getting, are "Against Regulations" "Can not be purchased"

Frustrating. Those kits should be available in every street corner for free. 

Just now, DrTuner said:

Frustrating. Those kits should be available in every street corner for free. 

I would think so.  I wonder if I change the Address and put the US Address of my company into the field if it would change anything.  But then how the hell do I get them here as I would have to ship them here and hope Customs does not hold them up.  Some days you just want to bang your head against the wall.  Nothings easy...........................Think I will sleep on it and see if a solution does not come to me during the night.

The only way to know the true numbers is an antibody test (there isn't one yet).  

This would give an indication of the total number of people who have been infected in the past.  Only then will it be possible to know the true mortality rate and extent of infections.   

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How to control the flow of confirmed COVID cases being reported to the public?

Take this example of a Thai guy who died in the past week....

So now, after initially being denied a COVID test and being sent home for quarantine, the guy has died and his wife and son and daughter have all tested positive now. 

I understand that this makes the number irrelevant but the exact same thing is happening in Europe. There they don't want you to come to the hospital, and the whole family should self-isolate. Only when showing severe symptoms, than you are too call the hospital and they will pick you up/test. Therefore the cases in the EU can also easily be multiplied bij x15/x20 (if not more).

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good news???

I think 143 new cases is the highest single day increase since this started, and if not THE highest, it's right up there among the highest.

And the numbers probably would be much much higher if the government's CV testing were widespread and easy to obtain, which it's not.

There nothing in this that strikes me as good news.

Right now, there's almost 7500 people admitted as inpatients in Thai hospitals with COVID type symptoms, and most of those apparently are still waiting for confirming tests. It's a much bigger problem than just 143 reported new cases in a day.

People don’t realize the Thai numbers are not even close 

hospital’s getting full

but only symptoms??????

its another Italy waiting to explode 

3 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

People don’t realize the Thai numbers are not even close 

hospital’s getting full

but only symptoms??????

its another Italy waiting to explode 

Where is your proof of 'hospitals getting full' 

7 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Does that include the 2 week incubation period for the numbers?

Like any modeling, garbage in garbage out. 

Knowing the real numbers in such a diverse country of varying degrees of social status, living environments  and population distribution it was always going to be a challenge to capture the real data points.

Remember many people will have minor symptoms recover and never get counted in the modeling but will just be carriers of the virus infecting others.

I am not saying the numbers are right or indifferent to what you would expect from other similar countries that have and are experiencing the virus's growth at scale.

lets wait and see the fallout trends before we play the guessing game of numbers of COVID-19 cases inThailand.

For the wishful thinkers who believe the low numbers especially of deaths,

good luck, and the Easter bunny will reward you soon.  I do hope that the Italian strain

does not get to Thailand, or things will go south with its arrival.

Be happy that most of you have not lost any friends or relatives to this virus,

but do think of those that have.  My Thai family have already lost a couple, but of

course were told it was pneumonia, and the other was lung cncer.

The face saving is still ridiculous,  it is time that the doctors are allowed

to tell the truth, and test thos ho have died to see if the virus was in

their bodies.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error

I frequently read someone indicate that it will be 14 days before we would see the results of social distancing or other preventative action.

A study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine indicates the median period from incubation to the display of symptoms to be 5.1 days. Nearly all infected persons who have symptoms will have them within 12 days of infection. 

So, for example, if the Phuket lockdown and beach closures are making a difference, we should begin to see a positive trend within about a week. 

The Thai government aren’t going to bailout and feed the entire population  for 3 to 6 months which is what is required to shut down completely..

..an alternative is to not show the full and accurate picture..

Anyone who wants to can easily figure out the missing pieces..

..everyone else can just continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend this isn’t happening.