Are people being fined at immigration for reporting late because of self quarentine

Toany

Are people being fined for late reporting at immigration when they have stayed away because.

1.  Instructed to self quarentine

2.  Having mild Covid-19 symptoms.

It will be interesting information so that people can make a better decision on when to go.

Remember the advice is not to go and see a doctor or visit a hospital unless you have severe symptoms.

Please post your experiences

Edited by Toany

I had same question. Minus Covid-19 symptoms. Mine is for tourist visa extension. My wife called immigration and was told there is a 15 day moratorium period, with no penalty. But as we know this may vary from office to office and officer to officer. 

There was a post the other day saying there maybe a moratorium on tourist visas until June. This makes all sorts of sense. What would be even better is if it was automatic and no need to visit an immigration office. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

I had same question. Minus Covid-19 symptoms. Mine is for tourist visa extension. My wife called immigration and was told there is a 15 day moratorium period, with no penalty. But as we know this may vary from office to office and officer to officer. 

There was a post the other day saying there maybe a moratorium on tourist visas until June. This makes all sorts of sense. What would be even better is if it was automatic and no need to visit an immigration office. 

You are confused 

"My wife called immigration and was told there is a 15 day moratorium period, with no penalty. But as we know this may vary from office to office and officer to officer." And this shows how incredibly backward, insular, uncompromising, and uncredibly stupid these people are... 

stay away but pay 2000฿ fine.

The immigration feifdom as an organisation is broken, ineffective and and myopic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

All I know is, the <deleted>**ing immigration site is not working and they are telling everyone to report 90 days via that site.

I reported Sunday mid afternoon I still am pending.

Will I be fined? Probably. This country makes absolutely no sense.

My date is April 4 so presu6i have until 11th.

5 hours ago, happyaussie said:

You can do your 90 days reports online. No need to visit an immigration office. 

Not true everywhere..online never worked for me and have been trying ever since it was introduced.

My IO (Korat) refuses to do applications by mail, the reason they give is the paperwork may get lost in the post, I tried telling them ( and my wife spoke to them in Thai) this is why it is sent by registered mail... so only way I can 90 day report is in person.

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Not true, I filed my 90 day Sunday night it was accepted Monday.

It all depends on Where one lives like where we live 100% no go. Posting is absolutely out of the question. one has to go to the postoffice (in public) Immigration is  just a bit further . so believe it  or not ,  better go in person same Public same trouble.

41 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It all depends on Where one lives like where we live 100% no go. Posting is absolutely out of the question. one has to go to the postoffice (in public) Immigration is  just a bit further . so believe it  or not ,  better go in person same Public same trouble.

Yes I understand that, the poster I replied to inferred that the 90 day online wasn’t working for anyone , which isn’t true.

My IO ( Ayutthaya ) have only recently started accepting 90 days online reports , this week was the first time I have done one, before I would appear in person as it’s only 10 mins away.

7 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

All I know is, the <deleted>**ing immigration site is not working and they are telling everyone to report 90 days via that site.

Where do you get this statement from?

I went yesterday morning to the IO of Sakon Nakhon;
entered at 11.12, released at 11.14; 

The website is broken for some of us. When I enter all the required info a message pops up to tell me to visit my local immigration office! 

There is no chance that I'm going to a germ infested factory. 

9 hours ago, QPRFC said:

The website is broken for some of us. When I enter all the required info a message pops up to tell me to visit my local immigration office! 

There is no chance that I'm going to a germ infested factory. 

There are several possible reasons for that pop-up message:

If trying to report outside the allowed 7 days window.

When entering data in the fields without an *

If you haven't done the 90 days report in person earlier.

If having a new passport issued in Thailand.

Maybe even when the last entry stamp is to far back (not really sure about this one).

If the mobile app doesn't work,try the website:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I think when posters say they can or cannot do online 90 day reporting .. they should state what browser they are using.

Im not trying to be smart <deleted> .. just helpful.  IOS might be working. Chrome not. Or the opposite.

Not long ago I could not order tickets on line for an event in Dubai.  Drove me nuts.  I phoned them .. they did not take phone or email orders .. but told me Chrome (the installed browser on Android (like Samsung) never ever works. Incompatible !!!!! I installed Firefox on my Samsung tablet and it worked. I bet my Windows laptop would have worked.

You'd think their site would say Chrome not work or fix the problem. Its a very very common browser. Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz. And they would have a much more sophisticated computerised system than Thai immigration.

Since I have had a similar problem with my Thai internet banking .. only worked using one browser not another.

Im not saying Im right .. just suspect it may be the reason.  No point in the .. Yes it works / No it dont circular arquement.  Your both right .....  for your set up / browser.

My 90 day not due for 2 months but I will be trying mucho browsers .. I bet Windows / Microsoft is most likely to work and will dust off the laptop when I find it.

Edited by PAWNEESE

3 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

I think when posters say they can or cannot do online 90 day reporting .. they should state what browser they are using.

Im not trying to be smart <deleted> .. just helpful.  IOS might be working. Chrome not. Or the opposite.

Not long ago I could not order tickets on line for an event in Dubai.  Drove me nuts.  I phoned them .. they did not take phone or email orders .. but told me Chrome (the installed browser on Android (like Samsung) never ever works. Incompatible !!!!! I installed Firefox on my Samsung tablet and it worked. I bet my Windows laptop would have worked.

You'd think their site would say Chrome not work or fix the problem. Its a very very common browser. Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz. And they would have a much more sophisticated computerised system than Thai immigration.

Since I have had a similar problem with my Thai internet banking .. only worked using one browser not another.

Im not saying Im right .. just suspect it may be the reason.  No point in the .. Yes it works / No it dont circular arquement.  Your both right .....  for your set up / browser.

My 90 day not due for 2 months but I will be trying mucho browsers .. I bet Windows / Microsoft is most likely to work and will dust off the laptop.

You can always try the mobile app. It works for me on Android (Android 9). The website also works for me when using my phone. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can always try the mobile app. It works for me on Android (Android 9). The website also works for me when using my phone. 

Very useful info  .. many thanks.  I will seek out that there App closer to my report time ....if its still chaos there at Immigration offices. 

It might be different versions of operating systems vary if work or not.

Android 9 good .. useful to know. Thanks.

Edited by PAWNEESE

23 hours ago, Shammy said:

"My wife called immigration and was told there is a 15 day moratorium period, with no penalty. But as we know this may vary from office to office and officer to officer." And this shows how incredibly backward, insular, uncompromising, and uncredibly stupid these people are... 

stay away but pay 2000฿ fine.

The immigration feifdom as an organisation is broken, ineffective and and myopic.

thiis place is based on money money money.....they will/would NOT show any lieniency in a situation that we are in at the moment, would/will they??

18 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

Very useful info  .. many thanks.  I will seek out that there App closer to my report time ....if its still chaos there at Immigration offices. 

It might be different versions of operating systems vary if work or not.

Android 9 good .. useful to know. Thanks.

I have almost 60 days until my next report. I'm staying real close to my Immigration office, but if the situation is the same as now = chaos,then I'll do it online.