Extending An "o" Single Entry Visa?

Ok I was just in Penang and finally (tried many many times before only to be given tourist visas) they issued me an "O", single entry visa!

So what do I do now to get it extended to one year, multi-entry?

Also what will it cost me you think?

PLease if you know give me as many details as possible!

Will I need to leave the counrty at times or what?

Where do I get this visa extension exactly (only in Bkk and where?) and what do I need to show them?

Etc etc????

Thanks, Aya

They said I was given one before in the US (Washington).

I had plenty of funds in the bank (over 1mil), ownership of truck, health insurance, long term rental agreement.....

How do I extend this?

I would like a one year multi entry one. What will this cost and where can this be done?

Thanks, Aya

Are you over 50 years of age?

Are you legally married to a Thai?

Is there some other "reason" you could cite for an extension of stay?

If the answers are no suspect you will not be able to extend your stay; but if you can it will cost 1,900 for TM7 application and another 3,800 baht for a multi re-entry permit.

Any immigration office can take your application when your stay in Thailand has less than 30 days remaining. But you will need a valid reason for extension of stay and be able to provide the documentation required for it. You might want to talk with an immigration office to clarify what your options are.

Any immigration office can take your application when your stay in Thailand has less than 30 days remaining. But you will need a valid reason for extension of stay and be able to provide the documentation required for it. You might want to talk with an immigration office to clarify what your options are.

I see no options whatsoever for this one Lop. Gotta get older or get married I am afraid. :o

They said I was given one before in the US (Washington).

I had plenty of funds in the bank (over 1mil), ownership of truck, health insurance, long term rental agreement.....

If that's one million dollars you are sitting on in the bank, you could always siphon off one million baht of that and get yourself an Elite card. All of your immigrations problems would be solved for life, or so they say... :o

If that's one million dollars you are sitting on in the bank, you could always siphon off one million baht of that and get yourself an Elite card. All of your immigrations problems would be solved for life, or so they say... :o

Or invest 3 million baht.

At least that way you have some chance of seeing the money again!

The Elite card is money down the government drain.

Or invest 3 million baht.

I though I saw some posts on here a lttle while back saying that the three million baht program was finished and it is now a ten million baht investment. Anybody care to clarify...?