Water shortage!

thailand49

As we focus all our attention on the Virus another big problem is lack of water especially on the Darkside Nongprue?  I've noticed the last month the water in our neighborhood was being turn off during the day. At times I don't noticed since I have two reserve tanks 2000 Litre each. As many know there is a drought and the Lakes around this area is basically dry to a bone. Then I noticed a few days ago my tanks weren't being filled during the evenings today my tanks are bone dry so I pull out my emergency list of water supplier everyone was busy or they themselves had no water to sell everyone was scrambling looking for water trucks.

Still water for the top priority hotels in town I heard they are getting water from the Chon Buri area but they are running out too.  Virus now water!

• Like 1

Not long ago goverment was reassuring water supply not a problem assuming normal tourist numbers... Now I have no water for 4 days... Wonder how the situation would have been if all the tourists would have stayed as intended. 

Also wonder what the outlook for coming days weeks and months for water? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How long did it take you to go through your two 2000L reserve tanks?

Sort of hard to judge if the city water that typically tops up water storage as it is consumed has been random, low and now non-existent.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sort of hard to judge if the city water that typically tops up water storage as it is consumed has been random, low and now non-existent.

True, but I am sure the concern started before today.  

We all must conserve water, mind you, photo op's of washing down street for the virus doesn't exactly promote water conservation.

Now, with all the tourists gone, and their still being water shutoffs, that must mean Pattaya will soon have some big water supply problems. 

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

True, but I am sure the concern started before today.  

We all must conserve water, mind you, photo op's of washing down street for the virus doesn't exactly promote water conservation.

Now, with all the tourists gone, and their still being water shutoffs, that must mean Pattaya will soon have some big water supply problems. 

I got home an hour early from work today, very relaxing to turn the sprinklers on and water my lawns and gardens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

I got home an hour early from work today, very relaxing to turn the sprinklers on and water my lawns and gardens.

Great, but don't complain when the water runs out.  You still get to look at some greenery, at least for the next 2 weeks.  ????

17 minutes ago, nightfox said:

This is not really news as water shortages in Pattaya especially on the dark side happens this time of the year as long as I remember. Cant do much but conserve water until the rainy season comes.

Not from my experience I've been out here 15 years there was the article that indicated nothing like this in 20 years. I do remember when I first purchased out here and I don't live in a protected development I live with all locals. My area the water use to get turn off all the time that was because of the pipes breaking and system was turned off to do the repairs after several years they replace a lot pipes with PVC?  thereafter it rarely happened it was the reason I got reserve tanks and a pump.

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Not from my experience I've been out here 15 years there was the article that indicated nothing like this in 20 years.

2005 was the last bad dry year in Pattaya, that year the rains never arrived until June ???? 

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How many people in your household?  That's around 360L a day. Quite a lot, in my opinion.  

Just my wife and myself and we are very frugal with our water usage, but on average one person will use 100L per day just flushing the toilet. An average household will use 500L per day on ablutions, washing machine and showers etc. It goes nowhere

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

How many people in your household?  That's around 360L a day. Quite a lot, in my opinion.  

I use between 15 and 20 m3 per month for 2 people, no garden, and I feel I'm taking it easy. That's a bare minimum of 500L per day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

I'm really surprised the council hasn't banned watering gardens yet. That should have been stopped months ago.

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

I use between 15 and 20 m3 per month for 2 people, no garden, and I feel I'm taking it easy. That's a bare minimum of 500L per day.

I would be having your meter calibrated, or check there are no leaches on it.

That's a lot of showers, flushes, laundry, and cups of tea, for 2 people. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leaver said:

I live in a condo. When I heard how little people are using here I actually went to check my meter to see if there wasn't some leaching going on. There isn't. 

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

500 litres per days is too much for 2 people.

Maybe for you, but it's what I've been using for 3 years where I live. btw, I said that's a minimum - my lowest bill. Last month averaged 645L per day.

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How many litres do you consume a week, do you actually know?

Just now, tropo said:

Maybe for you, but it's what I've been using for 3 years where I live. btw, I said that's a minimum - my lowest bill. Last month averaged 645L per day.

My water is free, i don't care how much i use.

There's no way you're going through that amount of water for only showers / flushing the toilet and laundry etc.