Pattaya officials revise lockdown plans - new checkpoints to be set up

rooster59

41 minutes ago, zeamonkey said:

Can anybody think of an easier way to get everybodys DNA without a specific courtorder?

Sheesh - another ludicrous conspiracy theory. Shouldn't even need to point out how stupid it sounds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't see the new checkpoints working, there are loads of shortcuts to avoid them. We need a map to see the road blocks

I suspect all the numerous small soi's that run onto the Sukumvidt will be closed off, much the same as when the checkpoints closed off the Darkside. We shall see.

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

If they set up on central road getting down central road to go to Big C Extra should be fun..........thinking of those of us on the darkside

Change and go to Big C at Pattaya Tai instead. I prefer that one anyway.

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

Change and go to Big C at Pattaya Tai instead. I prefer that one anyway.

And it appears that Foodland on Pattaya Klang will be accessible (to the Darkside and everyone else west of Big C Extra.

Man, that is a lot of little sois they'll have to block to try and segregate that area of Pattaya, for all the good it will do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

IS IT not AMAZING ALL THESE POLICE......to be used to check.....where are they IN NORMAL TIMES, to check helmetless riders??? and noisy exhausts and vehicles not showing TAX .....the list goes on....

Believe me no police in my neck of the woods are checking noisy exhausts and every kid 8 years old and over has a straight through exhaust that sounds like a 747 taking off. I have complained dozens of times to no avail. Impound their bikes I say.

1 hour ago, KhunKenAP said:

So making Pattaya into a petri dish. For those who don't know what a petri dish is:

Petri dish
[ˈpɛtri, ˈpiːtri]

NOUN
  1. a shallow, circular, transparent dish with a flat lid, used for the culture of microorganisms.

For Darksider's with the main grocery stores accessible on Sukhumvit, no need to go into the petri dish. 

That will be one of the phrases I'll never use again when this is finished, along with (squirm) social distancing and (shudder) exponential growth.

2 hours ago, J Town said:

I ride my pushbike on that motorway. There is a major section NOT finished. Not large, could be completed in a few days, but there is a reason it's not finished us minions aren't allowed to know. Some stupid politics I'm sure.

It is my memory that a new roadway can't be completed except for the last few metres until the total project is approved and allowed to join the road system

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

All very well until these checkpoints tail back beyond Sukhumvit. Will Sukhumvit be open normal? 

I drove around this morning, no check point, only some cops sitting down and watching their phone, maybe they are waiting for instruction on phone.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Borzandy said:

I drove around this morning, no check point, only some cops sitting down and watching their phone, maybe they are waiting for instruction on phone.

I believe the new check points begin operation on the 14th of April ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand J said:

I think this is the new target restricted area and the check points.

what do you think would be the outcome from the same recipe. lol.

Annotation 2020-04-11 103020.JPG

And for some crazy reason it sounds like they are still going to have a checkpoint at the point around Central Jomtien again - for reasons which escape me.

I seriously doubt they can block all the sois and "back alley" shortcuts to stop people from getting in (or out) of that area.

9 minutes ago, johng said:

I believe the new check points begin operation on the 14th of April ?

I think that is/was the plan - in the image I posted (post #24) it looked like it says the 14th but I can't read it.

27 minutes ago, sattahip said:

It is my memory that a new roadway can't be completed except for the last few metres until the total project is approved and allowed to join the road system

There were recent news articles saying it was going to be open from, if I remember correctly, May for a free trial period with actual tolls starting a few months later. It is posted somewhere in the Pattaya forum a few months ago. 

Just found it -

Edited by topt

This looks more reasonable, for those of us on the dark side. The other issue is we will not be able to wash our hands soon because the reservoirs are dry. The only reason we have water now is because of the virus. With all the hotels closed, no tourists then they will be able to stretch it a bit longer. Our water was off all day yesterday.

1 minute ago, Joeb said:

This looks more reasonable, for those of us on the dark side. The other issue is we will not be able to wash our hands soon because the reservoirs are dry. The only reason we have water now is because of the virus. With all the hotels closed, no tourists then they will be able to stretch it a bit longer. Our water was off all day yesterday.

It seems to be wonky, because yesterday I had water all day, and then this morning I checked and it's still on. Now I'm not sure what days it will be on or off (only really matters because when we have normal water flow I don't turn on the pump).

Hope they take into consideration the need for people to buy necessities many of which are only available in supermarkets. All the thousands of people live outside the lockdown zone will be denied access. That’s unreasonable. To be fair to all the supermarkets should all be shut too!

The root cause of the atrocious planning is down to the poor quality of the Thai education system with many hours wasted on non-academic non-sporting activities, learning by rote, teacher is always right, no class discussion and no essays. In short the system does not encourage thinking or curiosity. The is not one geography lesson taught in schools which leads in insular thinking. There is science but no physics, chemistry or biology lessons so in depth learning is impossible. It badly needs fixing 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CiderFizz said:

Hope they take into consideration the need for people to buy necessities many of which are only available in supermarkets. All the thousands of people live outside the lockdown zone will be denied access. That’s unreasonable. To be fair to all the supermarkets should all be shut too!

I thought the plan was to let in those who live in the Banglamung area and those working in town. Keep out Bangkok tourists...

This looks better. Although turning them back where the motorway ends is a good second measure.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, J Town said:

I ride my pushbike on that motorway. There is a major section NOT finished. Not large, could be completed in a few days, but there is a reason it's not finished us minions aren't allowed to know. Some stupid politics I'm sure.

Every road they build has an unfinished section, usually no more than a hundred metres or so. There was one on the new Second Road in Jomtien for over 12 months I reckon.