Pattaya: We're shut! Jomtien tourists told to stay off the beach

rooster59

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thanks to Mr Rimmer & Rooster for posting up-to-the-minute stuff whilst the rest of Thaivisa reports are two days stale.

Mr Rimmer will be very pleased soon, his favourite TV show is about to get a relaunch ???? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thanks to Mr Rimmer & Rooster for posting up-to-the-minute stuff whilst the rest of Thaivisa reports are two days stale.

There are news websites. No need to check news at a thai visa forum.

The Pattaya News and Pattaya One News for example. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

Personally I see no harm letting people on the beach as long as they maintain distance rules

I agree, and in the case of a resident living in a 50 m2 condo, with a view of a wall, it is really mean to take away these facilities. But the locals would be encircling food and whisky there if the beach was open. 

• Like 1

The beach is very quiet these days and it's not difficult to maintain 20m social distance, never mind 2m. I'd say it's a lot safer for everybody than spending time in a supermarket. I was in Friendship this morning and it was busy there was hardly room to move, never mind keep six feet away. They've also still got large quantities of unwrapped bread on sale. Who'd risk eating that at the moment?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

what again 

Hasn't worked yet

Personally I see no harm letting people on the beach as long as they maintain distance rules

I also see no harm in people using the Beach, as long as " Social Distancing Rules " are applied sensibly.

Also I see no reason why people cannot use the Parks and Cycle Tracks. But these are also closed.

It certainly makes more sense for people to use these facilities than to pack into Supermarkets, but  I guess they dont spend as much money on the Beach, or at the Park

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuzzie said:

When you hear 980 people die in Hospital in☠️ 24 hrs, then your take this more serious <what you cant see will kill ya .

Yeah you just wait until.......

Oh, we've played that until its breathed its last already.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter when or where there is always people who think the rules do not apply to them. Just read a story from the Gunnison Colorado area. The health department has closed the area to only people who are residence. The attorney general of Texas has a summer home in the area and of course he complained and said it was unconstitutional. The letter back stated this is not the time to be thinking about vactions and if you need a vacation have it closer to your main residence. This area of Colorado which has a lot of high end ski resorts was hit very hard by the initial virus. Vale Colorado is just one of the areas hard hit by the virus

• Like 1