Under consideration stamp?

So I used my 2nd extension on April 2 and handed in the Uk embassy letter that said I was stuck here.. I paid the handsome 1900

baht fee and they gave me 15 days instead of 30 in one go.. I’ve read that its

called a under consideration stamp? And this “consideration stamp” doesn’t equal an automatic extension like we just saw in the news this week.. I was told to come

back on April 15 to get a further 15 days free of charge giving me until May 2.. 

so my question is do I still have to go on 15th? I imagine their are thousands of tourists here who just presumed that this “under consideration stamp” is going to tie us over until 30 April because of that announcement we all saw so a lot of people are going to be falling into overstay without knowing?

next question.. the lady I spoke to who gave me my passport back with the receipt said to just bring my passport but didn’t mention anything about bringing photocopy of passport or passport photo etc? Can anybody confirm if this is needed still thanks 

OP, Just bumping ANDREW999 post.

Please post back after attend immigration.

My thinking is that you need 100% need attend imm on your under consideration stamp date. 

Ask clearly about your next step after April.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

Due to my own experience (already came back to IMM office after under consideration stamp), I can only answer you the last part: you only need to bring your passport that day you go back there. Nothing else. No photocopy, no photo.

I also brought the receipt of payment (those 1900 you paid when they stamped you under consideration) but i wasnt ask for it. So, up to you.

I recommend you to go. We are starting to have a common understanding here that "under consideration" people needs to attend to imm office. If we are wrong, you will discover it by yourself, and I hope it's empty enough so you can get things solved fast. And dont forget to ask them if now you are eligible for the "automatic thing". And please let us know! (my covid extension ends on April 25).

Is there a special queue for the under consideration people. Or do we go to the same one as other people in our visa category?

8 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Is there a special queue for the under consideration people. Or do we go to the same one as other people in our visa category?

Not in Samut Prakan imm office. There was only a special queue / chairs (edit: filter is the word. they filtered them outside the office. we came inside first) for Lao, Cambodia & Myanmar people. 

Edited by ANDREW999

4 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

At CW it was the usual counter J (tourist visa), it was almost empty, three people seated in that section in the afternoon. 

Based on what I've read, AND a friends experience last week in CM, it all depends on when your visa expired.

If it expired on or before 26th March, you need to continue to obtain a letter from your embassy to obtain another extension.

If it expired after 26th march the extensions will be automatic until the state of emergency is cancelled.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, TigerandDog said:

Based on what I've read, AND a friends experience last week in CM, it all depends on when your visa expired.

If it expired on or before 26th March, you need to continue to obtain a letter from your embassy to obtain another extension.

If it expired after 26th march the extensions will be automatic until the state of emergency is cancelled.

Consideration stamp is not visa. False information.

Edited by Kerouacaurus
Forgot to include

And he's not extending. He's going for approval of his under consideration, so that it can now be approved by a higher IO... Come on. Read the post. Post #2 completely answers your question, OP. You have to present at immigration with you passport only, nothing else. When under consideration stamp is approved, you have your permission of stay that will be completely following the decree orders and automatic extensions moving forward.

Edited by Kerouacaurus

On 4/11/2020 at 7:49 AM, vermin on arrival said:

In KK, no you just wait for an available IO with everyone else. Luckily there was only one person before me in the queue. 

18 hours ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Consideration stamp is not visa. False information.

It's not but here is my post from another thread: Well to try and confirm my situation, I called both the immigration hotline 1178 and Chaeng Wattana Immigration today. They both told me since I was legal to stay on March 29th even though I had gone on March 26 for emergency covid extension with an under consideration stamp for April 23rd that  I did not have to report on the 23rd for the final stamp, and I have an automatic extension until April 30th. Chaeng Wattana asked what passport I had and I told them US with original 30 day stay, and the women said don't worry no problem. Should I trust them or still go? Am i paranoid? Any confirmation from people going to CW?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

It's not but here is my post from another thread: Well to try and confirm my situation, I called both the immigration hotline 1178 and Chaeng Wattana Immigration today. They both told me since I was legal to stay on March 29th even though I had gone on March 26 for emergency covid extension with an under consideration stamp for April 23rd that  I did not have to report on the 23rd for the final stamp, and I have an automatic extension until April 30th. Chaeng Wattana asked what passport I had and I told them US with original 30 day stay, and the women said don't worry no problem. Should I trust them or still go? Am i paranoid? Any confirmation from people going to CW?

Think I may have advised you to attend imm on April 23 as you had "under consideration". Completely overlooked that you had valid permission of stay till March 29. 

Surprised one of the forum experts didn't advise you re what you now know.

Thanks for update to assist others.

Could be worse than the 1900 you lost. Imagine turning up April 23 to be told not required. 

Relax, have a beer. Whoops Thailand not selling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think I may have advised you to attend imm on April 23 as you had "under consideration". Completely overlooked that you had valid permission of stay till March 29. 

Surprised one of the forum experts didn't advise you re what you now know.

Thanks for update to assist others.

Could be worse than the 1900 you lost. Imagine turning up April 23 to be told not required. 

Relax, have a beer. Whoops Thailand not selling.

Lol. You actually told me it could go either way for both reasons, but to go to be on the safe side. I am so stressed out that I am having trouble trusting it. Would be good to here some confirmation from tvers who have been to CW/MTT today or after just to be super safe ; )

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:23 PM, ANDREW999 said:

Due to my own experience (already came back to IMM office after under consideration stamp), I can only answer you the last part: you only need to bring your passport that day you go back there. Nothing else. No photocopy, no photo.

I also brought the receipt of payment (those 1900 you paid when they stamped you under consideration) but i wasnt ask for it. So, up to you.

I recommend you to go. We are starting to have a common understanding here that "under consideration" people needs to attend to imm office. If we are wrong, you will discover it by yourself, and I hope it's empty enough so you can get things solved fast. And dont forget to ask them if now you are eligible for the "automatic thing". And please let us know! (my covid extension ends on April 25).

I can second that. I plan to go back on April 23rd to stamp on passport. Currently, it says under consideration till April 23rd.

6 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

I can second that. I plan to go back on April 23rd to stamp on passport. Currently, it says under consideration till April 23rd.

You see my post #13? So you don't trust the two IOs I talked to today, one at national hotline and one from CW  who said I didn't need to come since I was valid on march 29. Told me I didn't need to worry about reporting to validate the under consideration stamp. Mine also says report on April 23.

14 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

So in your passport prior to your last stamp.. "under consideration", you would have previous "permission of stay" stamp.

It will have a "admitted till date"

What is that date?

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So in your passport prior to your last stamp.. "under consideration", you would have previous "permission of stay" stamp.

It will have a "admitted till date"

What is that date?

I think I see your point. My "permission to stay" (1st extension) is until 26 March. Maybe that is why they told im fine and not because I already came back after "under consideration stamp"? Correct me if im wrong @DrJack54

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

You see my post #13? So you don't trust the two IOs I talked to today, one at national hotline and one from CW  who said I didn't need to come since I was valid on march 29. Told me I didn't need to worry about reporting to validate the under consideration stamp. Mine also says report on April 23.

I was at KK immigration yesterday for my consideration follow-up. They didn't shoo me away but stamped my passport with the extension to stay date. I noticed the IO went through a stack of papers in the back, until she found a photo copy of my passport and one other photocopy (not sure which document this was). She also highlighted my name off a list (in front of me) of which I assumed were other people under consideration. On the bright-side though the office was practically empty, was in and out in 15 minutes.

My original 30 extension on my SETV was set to expire March 28th.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

I think I see your point. My "permission to stay" (1st extension) is until 26 March. Maybe that is why they told im fine and not because I already came back after "under consideration stamp"? Correct me if im wrong @DrJack54

Ha! You landed on the magic #. Until March 26 means you (in normal times) would not be on overstay until midnight 26.

However amnesty started for folk with permission that expires after 26. That's You. IMO your now home free till end of April. Of course that will be extended. 

For how long anyone guess. If next few weeks have excellent covid numbers it could be 15 days. Thinking all of May more likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right so I just got back from CW see my original post for the whole story ..

arrived around 1:30 and it was empty.. went to desk and asked them if I need to fill out that awful form that is not clear at all where to fill in your info ( if you’ve been before you will know what I mean ) 

didn’t need any of that but she said I don’t even need to be here because it’s automatic extension until April 30 INCLUDING THOSE WHO ALSO HAVE UNDER CONSIDERATION STAMPS ***** but seeing as I’m here I can get a stamp if I’m worried... of course I got the stamp.

Please note I have seen other stories saying otherwise that under consideration people still have to attend immigration when stated. 

i got my ticket number and within 10 seconds my number was called... ( I hadn’t even sat down yet )

they took about 10 mins to call me back in and I had my stamp until May 2.

i asked them will I now be automatic after May 2? ATTENTION ALL NO I AM NOT AUTOMATIC..

the cowboy made it clear if the situation is still like this after May 2 I will need to obtain a new embassy letter and the usual documents ... passport photo and photocopy and 1900 baht fee to get another month and return on May 2 

the automatic extension is fake news !!!!

we still have to keep getting these pointless letters from our embassy that takes that about 4 days to respond with it...

So Get your wallet out every 30 days it’s gonna be a fun few months.

Edited by Jackcwba
X
  • Sad 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, Just bumping ANDREW999 post.

Please post back after attend immigration.

My thinking is that you need 100% need attend imm on your under consideration stamp date. 

Ask clearly about your next step after April.

I will attwnd CM immigration on 24th for returning with the under consideration stamp. I will post here what my experience was, and as you say above I will clearly ask what will happen next. My under consideration stamp was for 20days not 15. Oh well I will check.

34 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

arrived around 1:30 and it was empty.. went to desk and asked them if I need to fill out that awful form that is not clear at all where to fill in your info ( if you’ve been before you will know what I mean ) 

didn’t need any of that but she said I don’t even need to be here because it’s automatic extension until April 30 INCLUDING THOSE WHO ALSO HAVE UNDER CONSIDERATION STAMPS ***** but seeing as I’m here I can get a stamp if I’m worried... of course I got the stamp.

Please note I have seen other stories saying otherwise that under consideration people still have to attend immigration when stated. 

i got my ticket number and within 10 seconds my number was called... ( I hadn’t even sat down yet )

i asked them will I now be automatic after May 2? ATTENTION ALL NO I AM NOT AUTOMATIC..

the cowboy made it clear if the situation is still like this after May 2 I will need to obtain a new embassy letter and the usual documents ... passport photo and photocopy and 1900 baht fee to get another month and return on May 2 

we still have to keep getting these pointless letters from our embassy that takes that about 4 days to respond with it...

Interesting in a distressing way. However, It's not automatic 30 day extensions, but automatic extensions until the date they say. After April 30th there is still no decree so maybe that is why she said that about extending on May 2nd. For sure, it will be impossible to get more embassy letters now.

Edited by vermin on arrival

13 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

But surely that's only based on them not extending the amnesty past 30th April. In which case you revert back to having to leave the country before the 2nd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lee b said:

I will attwnd CM immigration on 24th for returning with the under consideration stamp. I will post here what my experience was, and as you say above I will clearly ask what will happen next. My under consideration stamp was for 20days not 15. Oh well I will check.

You should be very specific about the questions you ask.

@JackcwbaDid you ask what happens if they pass another emergency decree (the current emergency decree doesn't cover anything past April 30th)? Did you ask if you were automatically extended to April 30th if you did not get stamp to May 2nd and did not need to get the new stamp or report if you didn't want to and would be good until April 30th? The questions I think you may have needed to ask them would have needed to be very specific I think.

wrong person tagged

27 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

The automatic extension isn't fake news. The automatic extensions are currently only until 30th April. What he told you is correct under the current circumstances.

But most likely they will extend the automatic extensions after 30th April, so that you won't have to apply for an extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee b said:

@lee b FYI, I have heard elsewhere (FB group I belong too) that CM immigration you definitely don't have to do that. The group admin lives in CM and went there personally and got all the poop on the decree/amnesty. If you PM, me I can give you the group info. In my initial reply to you, I thought you were saying CW

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

@lee b FYI, I have heard elsewhere (FB group I belong too) that CM immigration you definitely don't have to do that. The group admin lives in CM and went there personally and got all the poop on the decree/amnesty. If you PM, me I can give you the group info. In my initial reply to you, I thought you were saying CW

Ok thanks, I will send you a PM

• Like 2

So I spent hours trying to get in contact with CW today finally got someone and they got an English speaker. She finally went and checked my computer file and said yes I needed to report on the 23rd. She said I could then apply for another extension with another personal letter from the embassy. Of course I contacted the US Embassy via e-mail and the automated reply said they will no longer do that for people with my stamps. Tried to call US embassy emergency line, but no one will answer.

So I think we need to go to CW since we have the under consideration stamp even though we have the valid stamps for after March 26th(mine was for March 29th) since we went and did the emergency covid extensions. I called right after the amnesty was announced and both national hotline and someone at CW said I didn't have to come. Not sure who is right but need to go anyway. This is really bureaucratic hell.