Under consideration stamp?

56 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So I spent hours trying to get in contact with CW today finally got someone and they got an English speaker. She finally went and checked my computer file and said yes I needed to report on the 23rd. She said I could then apply for another extension with another personal letter from the embassy. Of course I contacted the US Embassy via e-mail and the automated reply said they will no longer do that for people with my stamps. Tried to call US embassy emergency line, but no one will answer.

So I think we need to go to CW since we have the under consideration stamp even though we have the valid stamps for after March 26th(mine was for March 29th) since we went and did the emergency covid extensions. I called right after the amnesty was announced and both national hotline and someone at CW said I didn't have to come. Not sure who is right but need to go anyway. This is really bureaucratic hell.

Just to be sure, is the 23rd the follow-up for the consideration stamp where you get a final stamp.... or is that when your full Covid extension (30 days) actually expires?

1 minute ago, Benitostacos said:

Just to be sure, is the 23rd the follow-up for the consideration stamp where you get a final stamp.... or is that when your full Covid extension (30 days) actually expires?

It's the follow up of the under consideration stamp, but what is frustrating it that I called the national hotline and CW last week and they said since I was valid on the March 29th I didn't have to go for the follow up stamp to be validated. I wanted to be sure so called again just to be 100% since I didn't know who I actually spoke too. This person checked my file and said I had to come. However, I don't know who I was talking to and maybe she were wrong, but the first 2 didn't check my file.

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

It's the follow up of the under consideration stamp, but what is frustrating it that I called the national hotline and CW last week and they said since I was valid on the March 29th I didn't have to go for the follow up stamp to be validated. I wanted to be sure so called again just to be 100% since I didn't know who I actually spoke too. This person checked my file and said I had to come. However, I don't know who I was talking to and maybe she were wrong, but the first 2 didn't check my file.

Yes, I agree it can be frustrating. Personally for myself, I went to the immigration office for my follow up and just showed my passport and they stamped me til the 28th, but said I'm now covered in that blanket visa amnesty. The process was pretty painless. I have no idea why they're asking you to bring another letter especially since most embassies do not issue them anymore.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

Yes, I agree it can be frustrating. Personally for myself, I went to the immigration office for my follow up and just showed my passport and they stamped me til the 28th, but said I'm now covered in that blanket visa amnesty. The process was pretty painless. I have no idea why they're asking you to bring another letter especially since most embassies do not issue them anymore.

Yes it's to get an additional covid extension after this one ends. Seems like they are pushing it to keep the income rolling even though the amnesty will probably keep rolling. Did you have a valid stamp after March 26 when you got your emergency covid extension and were you at CW?

Edited by vermin on arrival

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes it's to get an additional covid extension after this one ends. Seems like they are pushing it to keep the income rolling even though the amnesty will probably keep rolling. Did you have a valid stamp after March 26 when you got your emergency covid extension?

Yes I was on a 30 day extension of my SETV which expired after Mar 26. In retrospect, I shouldn't have probably bothered to get the Covid extension, but the amnesty announcement came so late.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Were you at CW?

No, Khon Kaen, but from other posts I've read it seems most of the immigration offices are following similar protocol to what I experienced. Also I don't think there's any guarantee of second covid extensions being granted, if anything we "might" receive an extended amnesty under the decree. Maybe the IO was telling you to bring a letter if the amnesty is not extended?

Edited by Benitostacos

1 minute ago, Benitostacos said:

No, Khon Kaen, but from other posts I've read it seems most of the immigration offices are following similar protocol to what I experienced. Also I don't think there's any guarantee of second covid extensions being granted, if anything we "might" receive an extended amnesty under the decree. Maybe the IO was telling you to bring a letter if there if the amnesty is not extended?

I think so. But from what they say I think we can continue to push our time forward in case the additional amnesty is not given. I can't see how it would not be extended in May with most airlines non functional and borders closed. Unless they decide to kick us all back to the countries of our citizenship regardless of the situations there. The US is a complete <deleted>show and last on my list of places to go since I haven't lived there in 22 years..

Just now, vermin on arrival said:

I think so. But from what they say I think we can continue to push our time forward in case the additional amnesty is not given. I can't see how it would not be extended in May with most airlines non functional and borders closed. Unless they decide to kick us all back to the countries of our citizenship regardless of the situations there. The US is a complete <deleted>show and last on my list of places to go since I haven't lived there in 22 years..

I'm from the US as well and do not want to go back unless absolutely necessary. One would think that Thailand will extend the amnesty but as we all know, we can't assume anything here. If worse comes to worse and I've exhausted all my options I'm more than willing to pay whatever overstay fee they ask when I feel that it is safe and reasonable to fly back. Anyways good luck, keep us informed.

• Like 1

I went on April 15 to get the under consideration stamp addressed and I now have a visa stamp giving me until May 2. I asked if I am

now automatic after May 2 and they said no I will need to obtain a new

embassy letter and bring the usual documents to extend ( passport photo, photocopy and 1900 fee..

these clowns don’t even know that the uk embassy stopped issuing embassy letters on April 9.. so clearly uk passport holders cannot do that as of now

so it appears

everybody has a different story see picture below I got an automated email

back from the uk embassy saying they won’t be giving out any more COVID extension letters as they are awaiting further instructions... 

395A34C5-4533-46B5-8CDD-A346558A22B9.png

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

I went on April 15 to get the under consideration stamp addressed and I now have a visa stamp giving me until May 2. I asked if I am

embassy letter and bring the usual documents to extend ( passport photo, photocopy and 1900 fee..

Well, technically no amnesty has been declared after April 30th as of today so maybe what the IO said is correct. I think we need to just be patient and wait for any new announcements. However, if they extend the amnesty but still make people get another extension, then we're all screwed.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Benitostacos said:

Well, technically no amnesty has been declared after April 30th as of today. I think we need to just be patient and wait for any new announcements. However, if they extend the amnesty but still make people get another extension, then we're all screwed.

well looks like they just have

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

these clowns don’t even know that the uk embassy stopped issuing embassy letters on April 9.. so clearly uk passport holders cannot do that as of now

What they told you is correct, because currently the automatic extensions are only until 30th April, but i explained this already to you on the previous page...

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What they told you is correct, because currently the automatic extensions are only until 30th April, but i explained this already to you on the previous page...

well looks like they will be extended: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-extends-foreigners-visas-as-coronavirus-cases-slow-idUSKBN2230HS?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

1 minute ago, vermin on arrival said:

Sounds like they just approved this. So when the poster got the info from the IO, the IO probably didn't know about this new order yet, thus the information he gave was correct.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

my under consideration date is apr 22 (tomorrow).

does this mean that i no longer have to go? 

or is there some nasty surprise waiting for me if i do not show up for my 'consideration'?

You may get differing opinions on this. My own view is that an extension of stay under consideration does not confirm that you are legally in Thailand as of the report back date. I believe you ought to go to have the stamp confirming your legal stay placed in your passport. Following this, you will have an automatic extension until July 31st, and not need to attend immigration again until then.

• Like 1