Unemployed man's plea for food on FB answered

webfact

Suphanan, a nine-year-old girl in the house, was given Bt1,500 by the mayor to help her family during the hardship.

Why the hell would you give a 9 year old kid 1.5k baht? Why not give it to the parents? Who knows what the kid will spend that money on...

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Food etc can be given to the adults as they do the cooking and manage the home, maybe the Mayor didn't want the young girl to feel "left out" so he gave her some money so she felt included.

A little lateral thinking goes a long way.

Very generous of him and showing empathy and compassion in a time of need to people who have no control currently about their circumstances.

I hope that after this some people are able to save a little more from their meagre incomes

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why the hell would you give a 9 year old kid 1.5k baht? Why not give it to the parents? Who knows what the kid will spend that money on...

The kid is unlikely to drink the money,no aspertions on the nice family,but the lads could have '<deleted> it up the wall'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Here i have a job for him to build a carport...but welders cost 2000 a day, that's what i paid 10 years ago.

Was there a foreman?

Normally in these little teams, there is a foreman that collects 400% on top.

It took me many years before I had direct contact to plumber, welder, construction, gardener etc. without paying the middle man - and I treat them fair, and they even call to hear if I need any work done.

22 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

Was there a foreman?

Normally in these little teams, there is a foreman that collects 400% on top.

It took me many years before I had direct contact to plumber, welder, construction, gardener etc. without paying the middle man - and I treat them fair, and they even call to hear if I need any work done.

It was the local roof/steel bar company....they build another carport here and installed steel bars/screen doors and so...

They gave a very bad service as well, and later when i wanted to order more (they are all bad) from him he made 3 appointments to come and never showed up...he had a big company though and loads of work in this area.

I have plenty work for a good welder, the steel screen doors need new locks, i hate those hanging locks and also want them from stainless steel now...

The thing is that the Thai don't care for a good reputation and more work in the future...if this welder had a good reputation and works for 400 a day he must be swimming in work....

For 400 a day he can replace all my fences for stainless, also the steel bars and build me a new carport. But i bet he'll charge more.

20 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Pretty sure the parents will take it to spend on essentials

Someone said why the hell would you give the money to a 9 year old girl. It's to do with publicity, kids and pets photograph better then adults and invoke more feelings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Offer charity then photograph it and distribute to the media. . . . How  vulgar?

Tacky people 

only in our culture, in thai culture self congratulating or boasting when giving blood or doing a good or charitable deed is normal, my thai friends do it all the time.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Offer charity then photograph it and distribute to the media. . . . How  vulgar?

Tacky people 

It's to promote charity, National pride and unity among'st the Thai people, concepts most foreigners find difficult to understand.  As Thais have no illusions that "Unity" and not "Diversity" is their strength.

Edited by BeltAndRoad
  • Sad 1