660,000 COVID-19 “high-risk” people under watch of health volunteers

webfact

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, if you heard that it´s many that have been sent home with medicine and told to isolate, then they do that because of need for resources for other that are already very ill. If they take medicine and isolate as told, then they can get better or go to the hospital if get worse. I guess you will find your answer to your question somewhere in that.

By the way, have you also heard many of the ones they sent home, say that they got worse and died or didn´t get help? I don´t think so, which means that the system works.

In fact I have had three of my ex-wife's relatives pass away in the Udon Thani province's in late February from what was described as pnuemonia.  My ex flew here with our daughter from the US at the beginning of March for the funerals, then returned to the US just in time before things started to shut down.  She was told that she should not come, but family is thick and missing the funerals was not in her plans.  She and the daughter returned to Ohio, and were promptly quarantined at their residence in Columbus.  So yes I know of three that have died from pnuemonia that were sent home with medicine and never returned to the government hospital before they passed away with family around.  No Autopsy performed, just a police officer coming by to take a report, and then the refrigerated coffin and the funeral.

I posted on this back when it happened.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

More infections and more deaths? Maybe those countries are giving a more accurate assessment although many experts are saying that numbers everywhere are higher than we know. More testing as even children know means finding more infections. Thailand has a very low testing rate. A better job means to actually find infected people hence higher numbers. 

p.s. Don't believe everything you read especially from those who have a track record in bending the truth.

Same like with every country. Many people get sick and better in their own homes. The statistic regards the ones that needs to be hospitalized, and for that you do actually not need any testing, they will come to the hospital all by themself. Those figures are very hard to bend, due to that you have registrations of every patient at the hospitals.

What needs to be done is self isolation, listening and obey the rules for the authorities on fighting this.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

In fact I have had three of my ex-wife's relatives pass away in the Udon Thani province's in late February from what was described as pnuemonia.  My ex flew here with our daughter from the US at the beginning of March for the funerals, then returned to the US just in time before things started to shut down.  She was told that she should not come, but family is thick and missing the funerals was not in her plans.  She and the daughter returned to Ohio, and were promptly quarantined at their residence in Columbus.  So yes I know of three that have died from pnuemonia that were sent home with medicine and never returned to the government hospital before they passed away with family around.  No Autopsy performed, just a police officer coming by to take a report, and then the refrigerated coffin and the funeral.

I posted on this back when it happened.

Ok, I hear you. That´s very sad to get to know. However, there is going to be doctors in every country that are good and bad. Nothing specific for Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I think it's two fold. Thailand is doing the best that they can given the resources. The mount tested are abomination, but the case  tracking in the positive cases are good. Measures taking are strict and well enforced. Much better enforced than in Europe. On the other hand we see that the climate is also playing a positive role, so it's difficult to estimate how much of a role the government really has is preventing a widespread outbreak. For now, I think we should stick to the measures, be positive but also keep encouraging more tests and antibody test(if 100% reliable). 

Things are looking good in Thailand, partly because of the government and a good doses of luck due to the climate. 

Yes, that´s 100 % true. I just choose to encourage the ones that can hear it, read it and feel it. It´s hard to try and give the climate a message. ????

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Same like with every country. Many people get sick and better in their own homes. The statistic regards the ones that needs to be hospitalized, and for that you do actually not need any testing, they will come to the hospital all by themself. Those figures are very hard to bend, due to that you have registrations of every patient at the hospitals.

What needs to be done is self isolation, listening and obey the rules for the authorities on fighting this.

No. Many countries are out testing people. Not just those that present to hospitals. 

57 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I think it's two fold. Thailand is doing the best that they can given the resources. The mount tested are abomination, but the case  tracking in the positive cases are good. Measures taking are strict and well enforced. Much better enforced than in Europe. On the other hand we see that the climate is also playing a positive role, so it's difficult to estimate how much of a role the government really has is preventing a widespread outbreak. For now, I think we should stick to the measures, be positive but also keep encouraging more tests and antibody test(if 100% reliable). 

Things are looking good in Thailand, partly because of the government and a good doses of luck due to the climate. 

I think if you look at the numbers of Indonesia, which are about 1500 higher (reported) with 300 odd reported deaths, then it appears not looking at any other factors, and in spite of my cynicism something here seems to be making a difference , and it cannot only be the climate.

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

No. Many countries are out testing people. Not just those that present to hospitals. 

It has to be a multi proned approach, testing, diagnosis, isolation , social distancing, education. Education being paramount.

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok, does that look like a better and more effective approach? To me it looks like much more people are dying in those countries you are talking about. Or what do you say?

4 hours ago, Almer said:

All sounds good, are the checkpoints still in place or removed over songran?

Checkpoints are all still in place, they are located just off the highways on roads that lead to villages. Temp check, hand sanitisers and questions regarding your travel.

On the subject of Sonhkran, there have been very few returness to the area and no sign of water play.

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, does that look like a better and more effective approach? To me it looks like much more people are dying in those countries you are talking about. Or what do you say?

How do you know people here aren't dying of CCP-SARS2-covid-19? Die but don't get tested. Die but their death is put down to an underlying medical issue. People in some other countries are being tested post-mortum. Wonder if that happens here?

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

How do you know people here aren't dying of CCP-SARS2-covid-19? Die but don't get tested. Die but their death is put down to an underlying medical issue. People in some other countries are being tested post-mortum. Wonder if that happens here?

So, what you are saying is that they try to cover up about 5 000 - 10 000 deaths caused by this virus outbreak by not testing and blaming their death on other issues or pneumonia? That would not be possible, due to that someone would see and alarm about the sudden spikes in certain types regarding cause of death.

Yes, I do think they test if there is a strong suspicion that their death would by related to the virus outbreak.

I do not need to prove anything, I have support from the reported statistics. You on the other hand are making up scenarios you do not have any foundation for. That my friend is called scaremongering, which after the last information from admin was no longer tolerated on this forum.

After that there are two correct ways to refer to this virus. That is SARS-CoV-2 ord CoViD-19. There is no virus with the name CCP before, that is known to mankind.

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Checkpoints are all still in place, they are located just off the highways on roads that lead to villages. Temp check, hand sanitisers and questions regarding your travel.

On the subject of Sonhkran, there have been very few returness to the area and no sign of water play.

Surprised, but pleased.

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, what you are saying is that they try to cover up about 5 000 - 10 000 deaths caused by this virus outbreak by not testing and blaming their death on other issues or pneumonia? That would not be possible, due to that someone would see and alarm about the sudden spikes in certain types regarding cause of death.

Yes, I do think they test if there is a strong suspicion that their death would by related to the virus outbreak.

I do not need to prove anything, I have support from the reported statistics. You on the other hand are making up scenarios you do not have any foundation for. That my friend is called scaremongering, which after the last information from admin was no longer tolerated on this forum.

After that there are two correct ways to refer to this virus. That is SARS-CoV-2 ord CoViD-19. There is no virus with the name CCP before, that is known to mankind.

I would have to agree , where are all the bodies being hidden, we live close  to a temple and there are no more funerals than normal if  anything seems less.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

First time I hear of such. No sign of any volunteers here in the Pattaya darkside. How many households are there in Thailand? Maybe they creeped in through the window while I was sleeping.

Are you under return orders or forced isolation from infection?

37 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

:cheesy: Chinese Communist Party-Wuhan-Covid-19 :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Are you under return orders or forced isolation from infection?

No, is that the criteria which has caused 11.8M households to be visited?

Over the past two months, health volunteers have visited more than 11.8 million households around Thailand

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

So, who would see that? Who would sound the alarm?

As I've explained before, hospitals have increased business all the time and nobody pulls any alarms or rushes to alert us all via social media. Happens all the time. I worked in a hospital for five years. Some months we ran more than 20% above our normal amount of business and the only ones of us who knew that was happening for sure were the ones of us who saw the spreadsheets of daily, weekly, and monthly data. Were the normal staff a little tired? Yes. But, none of them were ever aware of that actual data unless directly shown.

If hospitals in Thailand have been running 8% above normal capacity during the last three months (a level which would fly below everyone's radar including us posters on this forum), that would translate into an additional 10k-15k deaths in Thailand. I'm arguing that that scenario could be happening. And, given what we're seeing in the data elsewhere, seems like a reasonable thing to be worrying about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

If hospitals in Thailand have been running 8% above normal capacity during the last three months (a level which would fly below everyone's radar including us posters on this forum), that would translate into an additional 10k-15k deaths in Thailand

Any proof for your hypothosis? or purely hpothosis?

Not insinuating anything, but for argument's sake, a few hundred extra hospital deaths per day is easily absorbed. Reason one might not be seeing extra activity at crematoria might be down to fewer road deaths.

Fair play to the volunteers :wink:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chazar said:

Ok  Ill  start.......yeah they arrived at my gate, pointed a  temp gun at my  staff and said  pass, all done  in full  sun at a bout 11am  in the morning, none  of the testers were a metre  apart two were on one  bike the third  on another, why it  takes THREE  people? when asked  about  farang they said leave me, not that I would  have obliged anyway, they also never  asked  about my Wife who arrived from BKK.

Hope  that  excites you

I think a better solution would be to use the smart BMW,  thus avoiding the sharing of a motorbike 555

28 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

So, who would see that? Who would sound the alarm?

As I've explained before, hospitals have increased business all the time and nobody pulls any alarms or rushes to alert us all via social media. Happens all the time. I worked in a hospital for five years. Some months we ran more than 20% above our normal amount of business and the only ones of us who knew that was happening for sure were the ones of us who saw the spreadsheets of daily, weekly, and monthly data. Were the normal staff a little tired? Yes. But, none of them were ever aware of that actual data unless directly shown.

If hospitals in Thailand have been running 8% above normal capacity during the last three months (a level which would fly below everyone's radar including us posters on this forum), that would translate into an additional 10k-15k deaths in Thailand. I'm arguing that that scenario could be happening. And, given what we're seeing in the data elsewhere, seems like a reasonable thing to be worrying about. 

And there is of course not any chance that they are running 8 % over normal capacity out of more persons in the hospitals and more in intensive care?

Yes, people se these sheets all the time and use hospital statistics as a ground for both reports and education, so it will be very much open if sudden changes would happen. Strange that you do not know that, as a person that have been working in hospital before. Hospitals are also bound to deliver their information to different government agencies, where there will always be someone leaking information if something looked like odd.

23 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Doctors, nurses, wardspeople, cleaners, families of the dead

You've missed my point. People are sick and die all the time in hospitals. That's what staff deal with every day without sounding alarms. I know such a large number seems staggering and alarm-worthy when we see it reported in the news (like that 20k people have died in Italy and so on). But, when only one or two extra people die at your hospital and that fluctuation is within the normal range of fluctuation of business, you don't sound any alarms. That's my point. 

1 hour ago, Almer said:

I would have to agree , where are all the bodies being hidden, we live close  to a temple and there are no more funerals than normal if  anything seems less.

Exactly, there is another mystery that I actually missed. But, just wait. The TVF Negativity Brigade will soon make up a new story about that. Possibly a story about that Mr. Spock beamed them up before nobody had the time to get a sight of them. After that Will Smith came by with the "forget all flash". 

24 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Any proof for your hypothosis? or purely hpothosis?

I don't have proof since we don't have that data being published as public and available. I'm just saying that hospital business (taking care of sick and dying people) fluctuates all the time and a fluctuation of 10% is within normal and not alarm-worthy. It's also not obvious to anyone who isn't looking at the actual aggregate hospital data and you and I can't access that for any Thai hospital let alone the whole country. I'm also saying that if Thai deaths were to run 10% higher since the onset of this crisis, then taking the average number of deaths here (aroundn 50k per the CIA Factbook) and multiplying that by 10%, we get an extra 5k per month. Multiply that over last four months and you would get 20k. Not everyone dies in the hospital, too. 

That many additional deaths is alarming. There's just no mechanism in place to cause that alarm to be sounded unless the monthly death data is made public. Then we can decide whether to be alarmed or relieved. We need that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

You've missed my point. People are sick and die all the time in hospitals. That's what staff deal with every day without sounding alarms. I know such a large number seems staggering and alarm-worthy when we see it reported in the news (like that 20k people have died in Italy and so on). But, when only one or two extra people die at your hospital and that fluctuation is within the normal range of fluctuation of business, you don't sound any alarms. That's my point. 

No I did not miss you point, and 8% increase would be noted, itwould be recorded, it would be notified, then the doctors , nurses, and others all go home and talk, especially when professionals know about a pandemic, how many people think will stay silent?? Your hypothosis is a reflection on the ethics of nurses and doctors.

Who would not misrecord(is that a word) cause of death.

Increase of community deaths would also be noticed, especially in villages

Edited by RJRS1301

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

See what they have done. Now we will see how long time it takes for the first one to complain about to small checks, monitoring and control. They have visited almost 12 million people, and identified 660 000 considered high risk that are under monitoring. And the is only what volunteers have been doing, which means they in fact have been identifying many many more. Who is going to be the first to make this positive news into a negative thai bashing thread?

Good work again! This is one of the many reasons why Thailand is coming out of this mess with minimal damage.

Edited by Redline
  • Like 1