Number of new COVID-19 cases in Thailand fall for fifth consecutive day

webfact

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Well they've stopped testing. It's herd immunity folks. That means according to figures I've seen says it's around 80% of population that needs to be exposed and with a death rate of those infected going at around 20% well ... good luck.

28 might as well be zero. This is very difficult to believe. As for worldometre testing in Thailand hasn't moved since early last week. Serious critical the same indeed everything is pretty much the same apart from infections.

Sweden and the Netherlands are applying Herd Immunity and the deaths to date are 899 and 2823 respectively. The lives of the vulnerable are clearly dispensable. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I find these numbers of Covid-19 cases in Thailand highly unlikely true ...it just cant be !! With the thai lifestyle and way of life .....its simply impossible. Many people also living and take care of their elders , much like Spain and Italy. Are they doing mass testing in Thailand on a massive scale ??? Something must be wrong .....or can it be pure luck ??? When will the real truth be revealed ??? I am seriously worried for all my dear Thai friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Sweden and the Netherlands are applying Herd Immunity and the deaths to date are 899 and 2823 respectively. The lives of the vulnerable are clearly dispensable. 

Correct, I am Swedish. The death toll is now 919 and rising. Our completely useless Socialdemocatic Goverment dont care about our elderly at all. They are gambling with lives and they dont worry about it !!

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks Thailand, for doing your best to take care of us.

YES THANKS THAILAND !

Automatic visa extension announcement helped a lot to stop tourist movement. Instead of running to the immigration offices, they head to tesco/makro/BigC for bottled water and food to get ready for self quarantine. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks Thailand, for doing your best to take care of us.

I agree. Here is a facemask for everyone. The fully "developed" countries in the west do not have enough so they cannot order facemasks to wear in public. Facemask do a great job. Sometimes I have doubt where to find developed countires.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dannybigboy said:

I find these numbers of Covid-19 cases in Thailand highly unlikely true ...it just cant be !! With the thai lifestyle and way of life .....its simply impossible. Many people also living and take care of their elders , much like Spain and Italy. Are they doing mass testing in Thailand on a massive scale ??? Something must be wrong .....or can it be pure luck ??? When will the real truth be revealed ??? I am seriously worried for all my dear Thai friends.

The big difference is this. Thais mostly do what elderly tell them to do, they take orders from the government . . . more testing must be coming like anywhere else, but for now, what we are seeing is what's happening. 

It's very nice that you worry about your Thai friends though:)

You can't really hide the truth like that anymore here. Thailand have 2nd most facebook accounts after USA, news would spread through SNS so fast. 

Edited by whiro
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You sure don't learn very well, count the emoticans that are against you. ????

That coming from a person with double posts against positive emoticons. I guess that must mean that you own the learning problem.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, CGW said:

Are you sure about that? there are a lot of desperate people with empty stomachs out there!

My wife was commenting today about suicides!

If you take the reply out of context you may be right, if you re read the post it was in relation to road traffic accidents which with the cancellation of songkran are down this year.

I'd ask you not to twist replies please,

8 hours ago, sambum said:

He's surprisingly quiet! I think/hope he's been reined in - possibly an "inactive post" beckons? 

The less we see or hear of him, the better for the Thai's really, because of his xenophobia and public outbursts, I think it is going to be a while before people see Thailand as a preferred holiday destination, social media is a powerful tool.

16 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you sure it's not the other way around and they are testing those that are already hospitalised?

They test prior to hospitalization, they have to since they need to know who is positive before they admit them, positive cases requiring special precuations.

They test people who  are suspected on having the disease based on symptoms or exposure.

As far as I know they then hospitalize all people who test positive. Not the case in most countries (and indeed would be impossible in most).

Obviously there are many asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases which go undetected, but those that are detected, are hospitalized.

22 hours ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Unfortunately, China and Iran have been ignored!

Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment, China (Wuhan region) is represented by the third circle from the right and Iran by the third circle from the left. Hardly ignored by the map.

11 minutes ago, Redline said:

I am not sure the significance of the mutations.  

Doesn't seem to be any mutations causing any major differences in how the virus works. RNA viruses mutate all the time when passing through hosts. That's how Nextstrain can follow them to ancestors and descendants and do their tracing map.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Doesn't seem to be any mutations causing any major differences in how the virus works. RNA viruses mutate all the time when passing through hosts. That's how Nextstrain can follow them to ancestors and descendants and do their tracing map.

They should keep getting more accurate, which makes it even more interesting 

56 minutes ago, Redline said:

They should keep getting more accurate, which makes it even more interesting 

Yes, they will, if labs upload sequenced genome data to GISAID, which is the source for Nextstrain. Apparently Thailand did 30 sequencings (it was a thread here yesterday or day before, where they stated it didn't come from Italy), but haven't uploaded yet. I hope they will.

https://www.gisaid.org/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yes, they will, if labs upload sequenced genome data to GISAID, which is the source for Nextstrain. Apparently Thailand did 30 sequencings (it was a thread here yesterday or day before, where they stated it didn't come from Italy), but haven't uploaded yet. I hope they will.

https://www.gisaid.org/

This is plausible-what do you think about it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/14/state-department-cables-warned-safety-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They test prior to hospitalization, they have to since they need to know who is positive before they admit them, positive cases requiring special precuations.

How can that be true? Sometimes people are hospitalized because of the type and severity of their symptoms. The valid tests aren't instant. So, where do people wait and how are more severe and urgent symptoms treated while waiting for the test results?

Also, what is your source or basis for saying that they test prior to hospitalization?

Edited by JCP108

On 4/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, herwin1234 said:

numbers go down, no scenes of overloaded hospitals and make shift morgues, all in all, this crisis was handled profesional and swiftly. WELL DONE THAILAND.

i still remember all the usual cynics here, who couldnt stop trashing Thailand at every step on the way and were predicting mass deaths. Guess what, its yr perfect farang country that is scrambling with mass deaths and leaders who cant make swift decisions. I guess they have to eat their own words. 

North Korea has zero confirmed deaths , in fact zero confirmed cases , you must worship that achievement !

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:57 AM, Redline said:

I'm not convinced about the lab theory. Too many forced and far fetched connections. Once somebody manages to make a smooth and rational timeline with proof, I'll rethink. 

There are some tries:

Luckily, it's in youtube so it won't disappear CCP-style.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:41 PM, DrTuner said:

I'm not convinced about the lab theory. Too many forced and far fetched connections. Once somebody manages to make a smooth and rational timeline with proof, I'll rethink. 

There are some tries:

Luckily, it's in youtube so it won't disappear CCP-style.

Thanks, I will look at it tomorrow