Is the foreigner immigration building open?

Not sure the if the temporary office is open or closed if that what you mean. All other offices are open.

You do not need to apply for an extension. A ministerial order issued last week states they are not needed at this time.

"The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if I can extend it for another 30 days without doing a border run? I really would prefer not to fly to Malaysia.

i wonder if the extension ministerial order counts as the 30 day extension for 1900 baht that I’ve done a few times.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Does anyone know if I can extend it for another 30 days without doing a border run? I really would prefer not to fly to Malaysia.

i wonder if the extension ministerial order counts as the 30 day extension for 1900 baht that I’ve done a few times.

1. Doing an in/out is completely impossible right now. If you were able to leave (difficult, and not possible to Malaysia) you would be unable to return.
  2. Assuming you are not already on a long overstay, your permission to stay is automatically extended to April 30 without any need to attend immigration. Most likely, this automatic extension will be extended further.

5 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Is it anyone whose visa expired after 26 of March, AND anyone whose first 30 day extension expired after that date? I entered on 2 Jan on a 60-day SETV, and got the extension at CW when it ran out, which expired on 2 April. 

You do not need to get another extension for as long as emergency decree is in effect.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

You might get out but have serious doubt you will be able to land, TCB, FLY back and be allowed in.

My passport goes out of date on June 2o ,I have therfor applied for a new onethrough HMPO trndy buiding sending all the paperwork using EMS postal service, delivery was signed for, but no one has answered E Mails & I cannot find a phone number ,has anyone got their telephone number ???

8 hours ago, andy8017 said:

My passport goes out of date on June 2o ,I have therfor applied for a new onethrough HMPO trndy buiding sending all the paperwork using EMS postal service, delivery was signed for, but no one has answered E Mails & I cannot find a phone number ,has anyone got their telephone number ???

Passport services are closed at the time. I suggest you look at this topic.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure the if the temporary office is open or closed if that what you mean. All other offices are open.

You do not need to apply for an extension. A ministerial order issued last week states they are not needed at this time.

"The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case."

Thanks.

Any idea about end of 'under consideration' for marriage yearly extension? Mine under consideration ends the 17th, but with a lockdown here on Phuket I don't see how I can reach immigration.

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Any idea about end of 'under consideration' for marriage yearly extension? Mine under consideration ends the 17th, but with a lockdown here on Phuket I don't see how I can reach immigration.

I suggest try to get your extension stamp done. I would assume the mobile offices they have set up in Phuket could do it.

Have you checked their website to see if the approval is done? http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/c-visa/visa-a.php

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest try to get your extension stamp done. I would assume the mobile offices they have set up in Phuket could do it.

Have you checked their website to see if the approval is done? http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/c-visa/visa-a.php

Didn't know about that option, 'under processing'.

The mobile offices (if there's people there, seems to be hardly ever the case) are also in another tambon so can't go there without permission.

I think all I can do right now is keep an eye on that website, and give them a call if on the 17th the status is still the same.