Finance Ministry clarifies 5,000-baht monthly cash handout issue

snoop1130

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

5000 bt /mnth to anyone who has financial conections to someone in govt ie. scooter taxi. tour groups , speed boat operaters , jet ski rental staff...Thai CIVAL SERVATNTS take care of themselves first...

It was always going to be that way so why it has surprised some Thais is beyond me...Apparently there will be a means of appealing via internet on Sunday for the 23 mill that were denied...555

On 4/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, Russell17au said:

A friend of mine has a legal massage shop and she was forced to close her shop on 18th March by the Ministry of Public Health so she has applied for this 5000 baht assistance as she still has to pay the rent on the shop. She received notification that her application was rejected because her father is a farmer. Her father has been dead for 6 years so what is he farming? This is a pathetic joke.

This is exactly the same attitude the Amphur had when my wife and I went to apply for a yellow book. They insisted on having my father's name, and I said my father is dead, he never lived with me, he isn't on my birth certificate, he doesn't exist or never did exist in my life and I don't know his name .

They wouldn't accept that.

This childish mentality of these fukkkin beaurocrats where they have to tick every fukkkkin box pisssses me off.

• Like 1

It's a bad flip from '5000 baht we are saved', to nothing at all, or you may appeal

One major problem is the recently working offspring unable to continue contributing for their parents and family on the homestead, imagine the pressure and disappointment from being unable to fulfill obligations of help and support for family. I got the impression it was a source of pride, for many, to send a little home every month

Very sad indeed

22 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

This is exactly the same attitude the Amphur had when my wife and I went to apply for a yellow book. They insisted on having my father's name, and I said my father is dead, he never lived with me, he isn't on my birth certificate, he doesn't exist or never did exist in my life and I don't know his name .

This childish mentality of these fukkkin beaurocrats where they have to tick every fukkkkin box pisssses me off.

They might have accepted OneeyedJohn Senior!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the Thai social media, Prayuth has announced that the country does not have the money to extend the 5000 baht handout for more than one month.   A lot of people are very, very upset, and no, this is not false news.

Not sure if this link will be allowed, but it's the one that is getting everyone wound up at the moment.   The gist of what Prayuth is saying is that Thailand does not have the money to make more than one months payment to those claiming their 5000 baht, and they are applying to the IMF for further funds.

https://www.one31.net/news/detail/20316?fbclid=IwAR3Y29IuXNJpZvXVg7iNxb0smLO4T-vHTphmXR5D5fMdIMM9IMZm7V8uA-I#.Xpa-AGplREQ.facebook

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rbkk said:

https://www.bot.or.th/App/BTWS_STAT/statistics/BOTWEBSTAT.aspx?reportID=80&language=ENG Perhaps the IMF could return Thailands' 28.3 Billion Baht they are holding at this time. The people are in desperate need. Suicides and thefts are on the rise. 

That roughly equates to 1,000 baht for every one of the 28 million who applied.

12 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Not sure if this link will be allowed, but it's the one that is getting everyone wound up at the moment.   The gist of what Prayuth is saying is that Thailand does not have the money to make more than one months payment to those claiming their 5000 baht, and they are applying to the IMF for further funds.

https://www.one31.net/news/detail/20316?fbclid=IwAR3Y29IuXNJpZvXVg7iNxb0smLO4T-vHTphmXR5D5fMdIMM9IMZm7V8uA-I#.Xpa-AGplREQ.facebook

The numbers of farmers seems to have risen recently. 9 million to 13 million and now up to 17 million. Does this mean that those who were declined for being a 'farmer' can access the Farmer Relief Scheme next week? https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1159205-government-finalising-cash-handouts-to-farmers/

I am starting to get much more worried about Thais in financial trouble, than the virus.

Way to many of the Thais I know, will no survive this much longer. And once people get hungry and desperate, the virus will just be a small issue.

Thailand is in for a hell of a terrible time.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I am starting to get much more worried about Thais in financial trouble, than the virus.

Way to many of the Thais I know, will no survive this much longer. And once people get hungry and desperate, the virus will just be a small issue.

Thailand is in for a hell of a terrible time.

Some horrible and sad reports already, and increasing.

3 minutes ago, Monomial said:

After reading this (with some help from Google in several places because my Thai sucks), this is my only thought:

I'm on record as hating Thaksin. He was a demagogue and horrible for Thailand. I truly loathe the man and didn't think anything could be worse for the country.

Bring back Thaksin.

If the next guy with the pol pot stare takes over, we'll be missing uncle pretty badly. Down, down, dooooowwnn....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

The gist of what Prayuth is saying is that Thailand does not have the money to make more than one months payment to those claiming their 5000 baht

Do what the rest of the country is doing then. Pawn his submarines at the BMA sponsored pawn shops...

It seems to be quite haphazard, a neighbor of my GF got 5000 baht, she got nothing. Possibly there is an asset test operating, i.e. bank account balance. Some people in the village got it, others didn't.

My GF is keeping it simple, she just says Prayut is a liar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

After reading this (with some help from Google in several places because my Thai sucks), this is my only thought:

I'm on record as hating Thaksin. He was a demagogue and horrible for Thailand. I truly loathe the man and didn't think anything could be worse for the country.

Bring back Thaksin.

I agree.    Was he completely blameless, no.   Did he have the best interests of the Thai people, yes.   What ever Thaksin did or did not do, the welfare, education and health of Thai people were important.   That is why they got rid of him, ordinary people saw what he was doing for them.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

I agree.    Was he completely blameless, no.   Did he have the best interests of the Thai people, yes.   What ever Thaksin did or did not do, the welfare, education and health of Thai people were important.   That is why they got rid of him, ordinary people saw what he was doing for them.

"The best interests of the Thai people?" You are obviously a dreamer, and you missed the whole point. The only interests Thaksin ever had were his own. However, the harm he did is still less than what the current occupant is doing.

5 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

You have to play their game .Just make up a name and details of your father .They will never know .I have that yellow book myself .

There's a reason for that. They enter you into the Thai civil registration system, the name of the father is mandatory. If you don't know, just say "John Doe". They have to put something in there. As the result you get the ID number, which can then be used to get a pink card, since you're now in the system. 

In effect, it's your birth in the Thai system.

if your going to live in thailand you need to play the system and not get stressed, they just want boxes filled, they are not going to check the quality of information, or even if they wanted to how could they? just write a name. it's like when you arrive at the airport and want a hotel address, i write any old thing, of course it's never checked.

34 minutes ago, Monomial said:

"The best interests of the Thai people?" You are obviously a dreamer, and you missed the whole point. The only interests Thaksin ever had were his own. However, the harm he did is still less than what the current occupant is doing.

You need to quote the harm.   On the plus side I can think of the 30 baht health care scheme, the privately funded Shinawatra University of Technology, and the various other schemes that got Thailand through the 1997 financial crisis.   Thaksin was a businessman with a social conscience.   He was also wealthy enough that he didn't have to kow tow to those who thought they were superior, and didn't give a toss about ordinary people.   The same happened to his sister.

• Like 1