Predictions on airport opening dates?

yogavnture

On 4/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, RichardColeman said:

Hope I'm wrong - want back with my wife and daughter - but I seriously feel this year will be a wipeout

Sad to admit but you are making sense based on the opinions of those closest to this pandemic. Only this morning I read about how many waves of this cursed virus it may take before “herd immunity “ is achieved . There could be up to 9 waves ,each smaller but nevertheless affecting our freedom of movement. Sadly , the pessimistic view is Spring 2021, but of course governments around the world will find ways to bypass would be restrictions for the sake of economics which will result In risk for us all for a long time. Given the sentiment that we are now witnessing in parts of the US there is no doubt that the short term future will involve a preparedness to accept substantial risk to achieve something approaching a normal life, which includes holidays and travel of any sort.

6 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Sad to admit but you are making sense based on the opinions of those closest to this pandemic. Only this morning I read about how many waves of this cursed virus it may take before “herd immunity “ is achieved . There could be up to 9 waves ,each smaller but nevertheless affecting our freedom of movement. Sadly , the pessimistic view is Spring 2021, but of course governments around the world will find ways to bypass would be restrictions for the sake of economics which will result In risk for us all for a long time. Given the sentiment that we are now witnessing in parts of the US there is no doubt that the short term future will involve a preparedness to accept substantial risk to achieve something approaching a normal life, which includes holidays and travel of any sort.

I don't think too long term, as by the end of the second wave this virus may well have no more visible effect than a seasonal flu - airport medical checks may well be implemented, and stay around for a while, but actual flights may well start moving sooner than we think. Economics vs risk could well play a major part in where and when