Show Me The Money

2 hours ago, mirage said:

I was told that I must keep 800k for the next 3 months. What is the law ?. If you keep in excess of that amount but don't go back and show it. Have you broken any law ?.

That is the law. Excess of 800k is OK as 800k is the minimum. If your IO did not ask for proof that you have maintained 800k in your account then you have not broken their rules but it looks like it may be better to get your bank book updated after 3 months from visa renewal to show the >800k, then 3 months after that to show >400k, until it is time to top up back to 800k in preparation for your next renewal.  

Edited by nauseus

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Do you have to keep it in your bank account all year round?

THB 800 K     2 months before Applying for extension and 3 months  After applying for extension. The Remaining time of the year You Must have at All times have THB 400 K in the Bank.

Do I have to PROVE that the money came from abroad, or does it just have to be there and seasoned enough. E.g. if I bring in some cash, or build up the 800k from other sources, is that okay. I may build it up by using Transferwise, but that shows as an internal transfer (not international transfer).

5 minutes ago, LenMc said:

Do I have to PROVE that the money came from abroad, or does it just have to be there and seasoned enough. E.g. if I bring in some cash, or build up the 800k from other sources, is that okay. I may build it up by using Transferwise, but that shows as an internal transfer (not international transfer).

Yes it has to be shown to have come from abroad. This will be shown as a foreign transfer in your bank book and (I think) you need a letter from the bank confirming that fact.

5 minutes ago, LenMc said:

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement you do not have to prove the 800k baht came from abroad.

To apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration you do have to prove the 800k baht came from abroad.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement you do not have to prove the 800k baht came from abroad.

To apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration you do have to prove the 800k baht came from abroad.

Whoops! Stand corrected. Thought it was the same for marriage and retirement. Soz. 

32 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Whoops! Stand corrected. Thought it was the same for marriage and retirement. Soz. 

Proof it came from abroad is not required for marriage or retirement extensions of stay.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Proof it came from abroad is not required for marriage or retirement extensions of stay.

Stupid question I know.....but where have I got the notion it must come from abroad? God knows how I ever got a visa.

28 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Stupid question I know.....but where have I got the notion it must come from abroad?

Just misinformation or confusion with applying for a visa at immigration since many people call extensions visas.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, Surelynot said:

Stupid question I know.....but where have I got the notion it must come from abroad? God knows how I ever got a visa.

Maybe confusion with the monthly income method which - I think, but not sure as I use 800K so does not apply to me - has to come from abroad?

PH