Restrictions can be lifted, but very gradually, experts say

webfact

1 hour ago, jmurch said:

Hairdresser and beauty salons open first? People have to look good before they can go back to work? Sorry I don't understand this!

You don't understand this? Then I'll take a guess that you're male and possibly unattached. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phuketboy said:

Wonder if they are still going to put all their eggs in one basket and focus purely on their beloved Chinese again

Well, that’s going to be the option which requires least effort for the TAT, so it almost certainly the one that will be taken!

Plus, the Chinese will likely be the first major nation coming out the other side of COVID and start travelling again.

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

But I like engaging with you, I think we are connected !!

Ignore option is right there if you can't take what you like to give out...

Back on topic... As I said before, they will just copy whatever any other close by country does. Stall until they get a model to replicate (ie can blame later)

Indeed, this is what most countries are doing. NZ (think we're first) to make 14 day isolation for everyone including own citizens entering country.

AU followed couple days later.

Within AU one state closed its land and air entries. Almost instantly other states followed. 

As a leader of country or state or even local level it seems the thinking is must be seen to be on front foot. 

One state in OZ made max gathering 4 people. Victoria then raised the stakes to max gathering 2. etc etc

One big game of poker on world stage.

43 minutes ago, Iforbach said:

All moaners and babblers  should be in  lock down for 3 months and another 3 months if they carry on moaning ..and not allowed internet access..a breath of fresh air ..

I see you've out your hand up first for moaning about the moaners.Enjoy your 3 month lock down Bro.Whilst in lock down you can iron out your irony.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I think that essential services like golf courses should open first to the over 70's.

And pleeeeease get rid of that damned video ad blocking the page!

Wish I could vote twice , missing my 3 games of golf a week plus that video is intrusive and annoying 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

But I like engaging with you, I think we are connected !!

Ignore option is right there if you can't take what you like to give out...

Back on topic... As I said before, they will just copy whatever any other close by country does. Stall until they get a model to replicate (ie can blame later)

No problem, I can take everything as long as it has a relation to the topic. ???? 

Yes, you are right. Thailand copies a lot, and you seem to take it as they copy everything for have someone to blame later. Yes, maybe they do that, and then what this man just stated is going to be even more off, due to that no country will implement something like that.

But, with this way of thinking, do you then also mean that they copy the way of dealing with the numbers and statistics, as we discussed yesterday? In that case your reasoning means that Thailand is not hiding anything, other than copying from all other countries that started hiding the real numbers. Or is it different there? Can they suddenly come up with an idea all by themself in that case? Just interested in your opinion.

23 minutes ago, smedly said:

no harm to you but almost everything you post is off topic and is some sort of slant at another poster

Nope, almost always related to the topic and the posters opinion in the matter.  

2 hours ago, jmurch said:

Hairdresser and beauty salons open first? People have to look good before they can go back to work? Sorry I don't understand this!

Possibly because they are usually small enterprises and can regulate the number of people within the shop at anyone time, owners and customers can easily be protected by using masks and face shields, start small and slowly, then build up to the larger facilities, not hard to understand with a bit of lateral thinking.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, connda said:

Thank God!  Good to know that the enlightened leaders will keep those pesky plebs locked up.  Lord, whinging about not being able to earn money for food.  Break out the military and show those cheeky troublemakers a thing or two.  Let the rich out first, those who aren't locked down that is.  Open the malls for those who have money.  Yeah.  Keep those little people locked away until next year.  They're a nuisance anyway. 

Restrictions are in place to deal with a pandemic that is killing thousands, but don't worry it cant penetrate your tin foil hat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiclan said:

Singapore is in a lockdown worse than Thailand. You can't walk down the street with someone unless they are from your household. You can't visit someone's house or receive a visitor either. Tracking is done via your phone, so you may think you have gotten away with it until that knock on your door comes...

I know foreigners who have been caught breaking the lockdown rules who have had their work permits revoked and been banned entry for life.

Singapore is edging up to 4,000 cases and so the early lax rules they had about the virus has been completely flipped now and they are in full lockdown. Although funnily they won't call it lockdown and instead say it's just a 'circuit breaker' LOL!

I found it astounding that in the midst of a pandemic that the world is trying to get rid of that there are idiots (COVIDIOTS) who think that the lockdown rules don't apply to them as if they are special somehow and are immune to spreading the virus.  If you are an idiot then you deserve to get the penalties that the government dishes out.  The rest of us are stuck inside suffering so no sympathy for the idiots.  

• Like 1

"In the future, foreign tourists wanting to visit Thailand will have to apply a month ahead and must agree to a 14-day quarantine upon entering the country. "

Wonder if UK immigration got the memo, or maybe they actually mean "tourists"

American-born Katie Collins, 60, said she felt “broken” and afraid after being told by the Home Office on Monday morning that she must return to US by Saturday or be deported to Thailand – the last nation from which she entered the UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman-coronavirus-uk-deported-home-office-us-aberdeen-a9462961.html

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In the future, foreign tourists wanting to visit Thailand will have to apply a month ahead and must agree to a 14-day quarantine upon entering the country.

A new slogan for TAT.  "Come to Thailand and be quarantined!" - Do many tourists stay much longer than 2 months.  Seems the inside of a Thai quarantine unit isolated with other potential coronavirus patients cases may be the new Thai experience.  Amazing Thailand indeed! 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like a statement from someone with ready access to money. 

People (the less fortunate ones) need work which equates to food.

This situation has seen me lose my job in Australia, I am deemed to be a casual worker and will receive no support.

Thais need support from their Government and travel restrictions need to remain in place.

Edited by Oziex1

Open gradual 55555 Just like the closed gradual 55555

If ever a country is going to be hit with a return its Thailand

These comments of opening must be due to rising of people against Gov ... It’s sad to see the way they are saying that they have found the mirical cure unlike ALL the other ASEAN countries ... Praise the lord for the fine facilities “;0)