Army Drones Over Chiang Mai

lexilis

For the past 4 or 5 days every morning at about 9:00 I have heard the unmistakable sound of a large scale drone going slowly over head. I am not talking about civilian hobbyists size, but a military scale. Each time I would go outside to see but never could see it, until this morning. I saw it going directly overhead. Flying much higher than I would of thought. Couple of thousand feet I would guess. Military drone. A little googling revealed that the Royal Thai Army has 4 Hermes 450 drones from the Israeli company Elbit and also that the Air Force also has 4 Aerostar drones (from a different Israeli company). Both types are about the size of the US Predator drones. I have no idea what the Army/AF is doing. Maybe they are using the stabilized camera system to look for large groups of people violating the stay-at-home policy. I presume the drones are not armed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

I think with people wearing face masks the use of AI and facial recognition is out the window ???? ... 

I saw a news article about a Chinese computer scientist  who say he has a new AI algorithm that can still detect faces even with face masks on !!

Here is picture of the Army's drone. I think this is the type I saw this morning.

72ec884cc445d2cd4b5005d53053ac80.JPG

I do not think these can be armed. Only for surveillance. The dome below is the stabilized camera system. For tactical military use, not enough resolution for facial recognition from several thousand feet up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Farma said:

So 'they' develop new things in additions to copying stuff?

4 minutes ago, timendres said:

If you buy toys, you need to play with them...

Some are getting nervous, seeing the children at play!

13 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

not so scary if your visa is in order... 

Maybe checking where my wife is, down the village again ? ...555

Edited by elliss

6 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

So you do not care if cameras watch your every move?

you know, not that much really as there is no chance that I will rob someone else's house and they may catch someone attempting to rob mine... I don't have any problem meeting visa requirements and don't break laws... you have legal issues? I doubt it... but. 

30 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I saw a Thai Airforce Aero L-39 Albatros training jet fly over today particularly low. Later another (or the same one) came by higher. 

My guess is that is what you saw. 

Then you would be wrong. The L-39 are jet powered. This was most definitely propeller. The sound is unmistakable. In a previous life I heard US Predators a lot.  

54 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Here is picture of the Army's drone. I think this is the type I saw this morning.

72ec884cc445d2cd4b5005d53053ac80.JPG

I do not think these can be armed. Only for surveillance. The dome below is the stabilized camera system. For tactical military use, not enough resolution for facial recognition from several thousand feet up.

WOW, when i heard drone I was completely thinking of a diffrent thing. This things huge !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lee b said:

WOW, when i heard drone I was completely thinking of a diffrent thing. This things huge !

Me too, the last serious drone I came across a couple of years ago was something I saw on the backseat of my friends car. He said it cost 30,000 baht, so I thought that was serious for a "toy".

That thing in the picture is summat else.

46 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.

Are there really still sheeple out there using this statement ????

Behave yourselves people its all for your own good! Their is no ulterior motive - trust us ????

image.png.f723bfbee34cfcc51a1bb7180ea76d45.png