Are you a snitch?

Trujillo

So I am curious. There was a thread before on whether or not you would turn in someone who was breaking the law, such as overstaying one's visa. Most people said they would not, that they would do nothing. 

Currently there is a shop that I pass frequently that has a very small customer area, maybe only 2 square meters. It's a shop that according to the State of Emergency regulations, should not have customers seated in the shop, and can only be operating for take-away. 

However, people come and sit inside the small area to chat and I suppose get that take-out. It's clearly breaking the regulations, but probably the owner would say that the customers are only in the shop a few minutes and it's fine. Some people are wearing masks there, some are not. 

So what is the course of action here? Shall we just mind our own business and let it go, or call the authorities concerned and rat this person out? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, shocky2014 said:

Nope. Ill snitch on a pedophile or serial killer but beside that no. 

What's the difference? These nitwits' naivety could potentially end up with deaths and/or make the shutdown drag on. Not in me to grass either, just saying...  

• Sad 1

It seems to me that breaking the rules in this regard could impact others (including you) by passing the virus along to other people. 

Overstaying a visa is, more or less, a victimless crime (but a crime nevertheless). 

But so far, interestingly, people seem not to care about whether a viral contagion is spread or not. "Not my problem," I guess...until you get it from someone.

• Like 1

Using the word SNITCH certainly loads the question.........how about ......

As a fine, upstanding citizen who feels we should all obey the accepted laws of our country, do you think you should inform the authorities of any wrong doing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Using the word SNITCH certainly loads the question.........how about ......

As a fine, upstanding citizen who feels we should all obey the accepted laws of our country, do you think you should inform the authorities of any wrong doing?

Accepted by who?

• Like 1