COVID 19 Opinion Poll/Survey

Skeptic7

COVID 19   

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I would consider walmart  or a cue a crowned place. wouldn't you? 

but even if there were three people in line, You have not answered my waiting in line without a mask  question. 

Dunno boit Walmart. Top doctor said airborne risk very low in uncrowded places large droplets fall to ground. only small airborne.  biggest risk is touching face

Gee, I don't know ...And so, rather than listening to The Donald, Ido believe I will pay heed to the global medically educated. What a novel idea in these days and times when education is denigrated in the US, at least.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Or from surgeries/diagnostic procedures being postponed.

Deaths at home have increased 10 fold in New York since this began. Some -- perhaps most - of this increase is people dying of COVID at home but not all of it.

And if you have an vehicle accident and need a ventilator...too bad. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

My guess is that the large majority of the ones who are in favour of a prolonged lock down are retirees, or people who can afford to live without having to go out to work.

I am confident that they would quickly change opinion if/when surrounded by a hungry, angry mob.

Many retirees probably don't realise the lockdowns are reducing their pensions. Anyone reassessed their drawdowns?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Many retirees probably don't realise the lockdowns are reducing their pensions. Anyone reassessed their drawdowns?

No idea, but if i was a retiree, i would have serious worries over the next few months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Last month my sister told me that Australian politicians were enjoying themselves on the ultimate power trip. I disagreed, saying that they were just confused and frightened. After seeing some of the ludicrous fines given to people who were clearly at zero risk of transmitting the China virus to anyone, I’m starting to think that she might have been right.

they banned tip visits for non essential items

car tyre ok

general waste no

1300 fine

Thailand dithered and did not make immediate pro-active responses to the virus - that is why you are in this dreadful lock-down situation. Here in Cambodia, immediate responses were put in place, of course inconveniencing many tourists, but at least, with other public health measures in place, we still have freedom of movement and able to go out for what ever we desire. I feel sorry for all of you in "lock-down" Thailand. Who is the Public Health Minister in Thailand, I believe a construction engineer named Anutin!!

• Sad 1

Just now, Burma Bill said:

Thailand dithered and did not make immediate pro-active responses to the virus - that is why you are in this dreadful lock-down situation. Here in Cambodia, immediate responses were put in place, of course inconveniencing many tourists, but at least, with other public health measures in place, we still have freedom of movement and able to go out for what ever we desire. I feel sorry for all of you in "lock-down" Thailand. Who is the Public Health Minister in Thailand, I believe a construction engineer named Anutin!!

Thailand has very few deaths or cases

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Thailand has very few deaths or cases

Oh really!! (Wikipedia):-image.png.3c58302a2ed34ef25046b9cdc2fed452.png

image.png.3c58302a2ed34ef25046b9cdc2fed452.pngThailand
Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

image.png.86e7899bf3c730d7da01697f69831206.pngCambodia
Confirmed 
Recovered 
Deaths

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Condolences to the loved ones of the dead, but death is a family tragedy...not international news, nor concern. People die every day of every year from other causes in higher numbers. Why are those deaths diminished and not in the headlines everyday? Because they don't belong there...and neither do these. The media loves driving unnecessary fear and loves sensationalizing.

80% of total cases are mild or without symptoms at all and 90% of those hospitalized had at least one underlying condition or co-morbidity. 

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/04/15/coronavirus-risk-90-patients-had-underlying-conditions/2962721001/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6915e3.htm

You can't convince those who don't want to know. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Oh really!! (Wikipedia):-image.png.3c58302a2ed34ef25046b9cdc2fed452.png

image.png.3c58302a2ed34ef25046b9cdc2fed452.pngThailand
Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

image.png.86e7899bf3c730d7da01697f69831206.pngCambodia
Confirmed 
Recovered 
Deaths

Italy and US nearly 50k

47 is 8 hours on the road

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Thailand dithered and did not make immediate pro-active responses to the virus - that is why you are in this dreadful lock-down situation.

More likely that Thailand as a tourist hub with busy international airports and millions of departures and arrivals a month was much more susceptible to this kind of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

closed beaches

you get the virus from beaches do you?

total nazis

Well you dont get the virus from a cinema either but they are closed.

Beaches are closed because large crowds gather on beaches to enjoy the sun and surf etc. So going to the beach is not essential travel and will result in being crowded.

Stay home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, chessman said:

More likely that Thailand as a tourist hub with busy international airports and millions of departures and arrivals a month was much more susceptible to this kind of thing. 

Yes, I accept, but the airports should have been shut down much earlier to stop the spread of the virus - even for domestic flights which were still in operation. It was Thai Lion Air and Air Asia that took the responsible action, in my opinion, of grounding their fleets. It was Thai Smile, THAI, Nok Air and Bangkok Airways (all Thai owned companies) that were potentially still flying infected persons (Thais and foreigners) around the country!

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well you dont get the virus from a cinema either but they are closed.

Beaches are closed because large crowds gather on beaches to enjoy the sun and surf etc. So going to the beach is not essential travel and will result in being crowded.

Stay home.

Cinema seats are 10cm apart

beach goers sit 5m apart

more risk in coles

makes ZERO sense

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To go back to the topic:

A month ago on March 17 there were just under 8000 reported deaths worldwide.

now there are 148,000 deaths

so in a month the number of deaths has increased more than 18 times. Remember, this is an infectious disease that has the potential to increase the number of deaths and cases exponentially. 

Please just think about. 

this was an extremely serious problem that needed extreme measures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Starmocihc said:

The numbers everywhere are fudged. NYC has already went on the record with stating they've added nearly 4k unconfirmed COVID-19 deaths to the total number. It's happening all over the US.

Please look more deeply at this and don’t look at it as a political issue. If someone dies in a nursing home having showed all the symptoms but was not tested then they are fairly a ‘probable’. It is common that during viruses the number of dead is actually underreported. If you are interested in this then you can look at what happened with swine flu in 2009-10. The final ‘official’ death toll is much lower than what most recent research has estimated.

• Like 1